Another SDCE turbo Duster

-
How long have you been doing turbos? I remember articles and ads in Mopar mags about boosting with ProCharger superchargers. This is the first I've seen SDCE and turbos, not that I've been to your website in ages. Any preference regarding Superchargers vs turbos?

Wylde1.

While we started our boost experiences with superchargers, we've transitioned into turbos within the last 5-6 years. We wanted to make sure we had a good grasp on it before we said, "Hey guess what we're doing now..." We wanted to spend enough time fabricating, testing on the dynos, getting a few prototypes out there, etc. to understand it ourselves before we try to help others understand it.
We still do a lot with the superchargers, too. Our Challenger is still supercharged with the same engine and supercharger combo going on 8 years now...she still runs 8's and gets plenty of play time in the summer. We were contemplating switching her to turbos, but opted not to for several reasons....time, money, she can't go any faster than she already does, etc. Plus we want to see how long we can keep that engine and blower combo going! :-D
We really like playing with turbos. We have them on 2 of our daily drivers...a GMC S15(our V6 sb chevy twin turbosystem), and an 89 GMC 1500(our 750 rwhp single turbo small block chevy system)...and on our 87 GN (carbureted V8 with our single small block Chevy kit...runs 138mph in the 1/4)
Turbos are quiet, have great street manners, can sneak up on unsuspecting vettes.....if you choose the "right" turbo for your combo "lag" isn't an issue.....no parasitic loss.....can sometimes be easier to fit two smaller turbos vs. one larger supercharger....

If you go to http://www.youtube.com/sdconcepts
you can see videos of the GN and the 89 GMC 1500. If you want to see the S-15 let me know and I'll post some pics and vids....
The good thing about working on GM, Ford and Chrysler is they all have their "good" and "bad". We take it all in and apply it to everything we build. If you understand how an engine works, it doesn't matter what the badge on the grill is...

I use Microsoft picture manager to resize pictures. The "Web Large" setting is perfect.
You daughter is a beauty! Watch her. I have the smae troubles with mine.

Crap, can't find the new pictures, these are 2 years old. Joe my son, 7 now, 5 in the picture. Me my daughter Alyssa 16 in a month. 14 in the picture.

Thanks rumblefish for posting pics!!
And thanks for your kind words.
Scott and I had a deal...I would raise Lindsey til she was 13, then she was all his! LOL! I can't complain...she's a straight A student, doesn't get in trouble (yet...)....Scott's got the "spy vehicle" ready with the shotgun in the trunk though! LOL! I'll be hitting you up for some insight....Lindsey's 14 1/2 now....I can only imagine what's going to happen when she's 16!! Yes, you do have the same problem with your daughter! She's a doll! Makes you wonder if having cute kids is a blessing or a curse! LOL! Does Alyssa like the "car/bike thing"? It looks like Joe does! Your son is a spitting image of you!

Anyone else care to post pics?? c'mon....don't be shy!!! :thumbup:

Somewhere around here we have a "Name with a face" thread, check it out.

My son is , ehhh, OK with cars.....and a few other totally "BOY" things. he did learn how to rebuild a Edel. carb because he asked to know and do himself.

So far, my daughter wants a 70-71 Mach1 Stang convertable. (Like a freakin MOTHER!)

-
Back