Another UTG bottle rocket update

-
Where is your channel?
You want to see my you tube channel?
This isn’t about me. It’s about you.
I did ask for yours first, where is it?

Is having a YouTube channel the measure of success?
Not in my book. Why would you ask such a question?

Showing every possible wrong way to build engines and cars,
I disagree though I do a bunch of things very differently!
using a cancer victim as your "test driver" and then berating him when the car was a dog,
He didn’t “USE” a cancer victim. He got cancer after he joined with Tony.
“Berating?” He was rough in his speech. Hey didn’t see “berating.”

is that what's required to be a internet "hero" these days?
Your saying he is a hero? Come on now... your reaching here.

Conning a guy into the famous UTG worlds first live 318 build, where you build a engine in a u-rent-storage unit, in the dirt,
“Con” a guy? Reaching again. Full of assumption statement.
He is in a storage unit, so what!
In the dirt? Not exactly. You make it sound worse than I showed.

to stupid to check your std. bearings on a .010 under crank? Then haul it to Canada for a humiliating dyno session?
A bad move no doubt. At what point in time did that happen?

I dont do **** like that because I dont make a living off of YouTube click-bait bullshiting of people
So... what your saying is you don’t make videos solely on the statement of you don’t wanna make money on doing them.

I guess that also includes not actually having a channel then.

No videos of your car running around the track?
No engine shots? Engine sound clips. Nothing at all?
Just complaints on someone else’s channel then?!?!

You’re very negative, cynical & completely miserable! Go shoot some videos and have some fun! That’s all I see going on with the UTG channel.

Great minds talk about ideas. Average minds talk about events. Small minds talk about people.

I've been trying to talk you into getting a magnum block from the pic and pull for what seems like 2 years now? And what are you going to do? Last I heard you were taking it to a machine shop LOL..??..
I got a magnum now but for a different project!
But yes you are correct. The difference is I'm not spending a ton of money at the machine shop he Is only doing the stuff I cant do. He is doing the over bore and valve seats. The rest I'm doing myself I ported my own heads doing my own cam bearings freeze plugs etc. All if which he had had how to videos on I like that sort of stuff. Just like @RustyRatRod videos! I love his videos I learn so much from videos and ppl like him @318willrun utg etc. And you of course! Lol there is a big difference between building an engine and having one built! Ppl can brag all they want about their 650 hp small block but when it comes down to it they had no hand in it other than their wallet! I may only make 300 hp idk but I made it happen! I come up with the plan came up with the money and put it all together myself with my blood sweat and tears

Some one build a 273 with 302 heads roller camshaft 9:5 CR 250HP and a ton of torque and get
15City/30Highway i wanna see that. Maybe with 4.56s and a 4 speed overdrive?

Dog pile on the rabbit

tumblr_inline_o50jytLfpj1sj0r4d_1280.jpg

You Tube = entertainment

replicaracer43 and a few others are down on him from how I see it as a cynical point of view. So what and big deal if someone chooses to make money via this media.

Re read the first line of the post....

I see a guy fooling around with cars and having fun. We do it here, he did it there. We write about, discuss it here, ask and give others for help here. He does it on his channel.

Criticizing is one thing but often done to much and harshly. The focus on the negative is a bit steep IMO. At least he is doing something that few here also do.

Two notable members here have channels and they are putting themselves out there trying to do a good thing while having some fun while doing it.

@RustyRatRod;
RustyRatRod's Speed Shop - YouTube
@318willrun;
https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=318willrun

@replicaracer43 Yup! I have one that I do nothing with but on a rare day use it to say look here. So, look here, be bored with it; Robert Cooke - YouTube

As you can see by the dates, (sarcasm coming!)
I’m so active! Perhaps I’ll do something.....

Great minds talk about ideas. Average minds talk about events. Small minds talk about people.
What do pea brains like you talk about?...
Oh I know people who make up crap like that^^^..... LOL...:poke:...
Unless you made that up yourself and you're not quoting somebody else...:rolleyes:..

I think it's pretty simple the discussion was open about somebody and some people like him some people don't and some people don't Care either way..
I'm in the latter of the three...

You Tube = entertainment

replicaracer43 and a few others are down on him from how I see it as a cynical point of view. So what and big deal if someone chooses to make money via this media.

I see a guy fooling around with cars and having fun. We do it here, he did it there. We write about, discuss it here, ask and give others for help here. He does it on his channel.

Criticizing is one thing but often done to much and harshly. The focus on the negative is a bit steep IMO. At least he is doing something that few here also do.

Two notable members here have channels and they are putting themselves out there trying to do a good thing while having some fun while doing it.

@RustyRatRod;
@318willrun;

@replicaracer43 Yup! I have one that I do nothing with but on a rare day use it to say look here. So, look here, be bored with it; Robert Cooke - YouTube

I subscribed to your 10 year old playlist! Haha nice cuda btw

I subscribed to your 10 year old playlist! Haha nice cuda btw
LMAO .... Thanks, I have had that thing since I’m 19. Recently sold that intake here on FABO. (Last year)
I’m building this. Top shot has a Victor which will not be used. The bottom picture has the induction system to be used. I’m a little further on than these pictures, but not by much.

Retirement 11 months away.....
Then maybe I’ll do something on the channel....
8C19C73E-18BE-42CE-BA67-3E5BE7D7C73F.jpeg
E8A5C2F2-5BED-4CD6-A410-7245AC607564.jpeg

I been watching a lot of Scott’s stuff lately he’s got a fun channel. The reason people are making these channels is because you can’t get the realism when watching on over produced unlimited resources TV.

LMAO .... Thanks, I have had that thing since I’m 19. Recently sold that intake here on FABO. (Last year)
I’m building this. Top shot has a Victor which will not be used. The bottom picture has the induction system to be used. I’m a little further on than these pictures, but not by much.

Retirement 11 months away.....
Then maybe I’ll do something on the channel....
View attachment 1715576317 View attachment 1715576318

Retirement? So you don't have to throw railroad cars around anymore?

I been watching a lot of Scott’s stuff lately he’s got a fun channel. The reason people are making these channels is because you can’t get the realism when watching on over produced unlimited resources TV.

I love that! Old junky truck soundin badass. lol

I'm a poor reader. I don't like to read. My mind drifts. Even here on FABO, I never read essays. LOL. I learn more by watching, and I'm much more entertained by watching.

I'm a poor reader. I don't like to read. My mind drifts. Even here on FABO, I never read essays. LOL. I learn more by watching, and I'm much more entertained by watching.
We have alot in common brother! Poor Aj looses me after the first red numbers. Haha I love that guy but I cant ever finish his posts.....errrrr......novels

I've been enjoying the project. Love "Oddrods", and this 4 door, 4 speed mopar fits that build for me. Cool, unusual and relatively fast. Looking forward to the subsequent runs and ultimately spraying it. Would be a neat and unassuming sleeper!

Be well folks,
Pat

me I get bored really easy I don't click on his videos unless someone post one so we have to click on it to see what the subject is. Have absolutely nothing against the guy whatsoever just not into that kind of reality TV... Once you've seen someone file on old parts and try all kinds of stuff with the same old things and you've done it yourself it just becomes compliant and in my opinion boring... I know that's not everybody's opinion and I can see people are very excited about what he does and I'm not trying to put down what he does it just doesn't entertain me personally... I like the new innovative things out of the box kind of stuff for example like the electric power steering conversions people are doing I mean I haven't tried it and I don't know if I will but just as an example it's kind of out of the box... Interesting.. and I have to agree I like a j but I can never even get past the first couple paragraphs LOL I feel sorry for the guy cuz I think he waste his time on on most... I don't mind reading and comprehending whatsoever if it means learning something new.. not everything that has been made into a video...

I have a youtube channel as well I dont use it like I want too tho. I want to start making more videos and posting them just for the fabo crowd. I have a few of my floorpans and reend setup but not really good quality. I plan on doing video segments of my whole engine reassemble
Dartfreak75 - YouTube

Retirement? So you don't have to throw railroad cars around anymore?

11 months buddy! No more railroad cars to play with.
Is not the job, not the people, but just getting tired and the money amount is right to take off for a new saying when I go to sleep.... Tomorrow is Saturday..... in fact, “Everyday is Saturday!” when I go into the “Permanent vacation!”

Poor Aj looses me after the first red numbers. Haha I love that guy but I cant ever finish his posts.....errrrr......novels

@AJ/FormS

Ditto! Love AJ but I can’t read that dang much. My eyes start jumping ether re reading the same sentence over and over again or skipping 1 or 2. Then I’m trying to figure out WTF IS HE SAYING?!?!?!

Always good info delivered right up until the eyes start bleeding. I often bust AJ’s balls telling him to nutshell it some more. He gets upset and counters with “Its Good and pertinent pertinent info they will need to make a better decision.” And I agree, but it could be said a whole lot shorter. I really don’t need all the math spelled out.

I watch Uncle Tony, I have no gripes, however I know what I know also. I am not a newbie. I understand what hes' saying and also have my own experience to draw on. UTG has stated that YT is how he makes a living, I also seen/heard he was an auto journalist back in the day? i woouldnt expect Bottle rocket to be too fast,it is a B body 4 door,with a small block in it. I would think hes is showing his trails and tribulations trying to get some sort of "speed" out of it and isnt quite finished yet. It also looks like a low budget racing concept that anyone can do with not alot of $$$ spent at Jegs or Summit. Again just my take on it. I watch Uncle Tony along woth a few others on YT. I like these guys better than ,say, gas monkey or some show where its a crew of guys buying old cars, fixing them up and flipping them at Barrett Jackson within an month to six weeks..

Yes he was a journalist. I do remember reading his stuff and reading about that Mustang he talks about as it hit the stands.

I have a youtube channel as well I dont use it like I want too tho. I want to start making more videos and posting them just for the fabo crowd. I have a few of my floorpans and reend setup but not really good quality. I plan on doing video segments of my whole engine reassemble
Dartfreak75 - YouTube
Ive tried a few vids, it takes time. say you want to work on your car ,some project like aligning door panels,fenders etc. Untill you film it step by step, youve added consideraable time,then you have to edit and produce the vid. it is a great way to document the restoration though.

You Tube = entertainment

@RustyRatRod;
@318willrun;

Hey, thanks for the link, when I get time, I'll check it out! I will say from what I have seen from the @318willrun and @RustyRatRod channels is far better than the UTG channel. The difference in my mind, and one reason I am harsh, is his "I'm the expert" attitude about him. He makes his living off of "entertainment" videos with very little actual good content. The talent base right here on FABO is worlds better than anything he has ever produced. Just my opinion though...others may vary.

-
Back