any less of a barracuda

-

dartboy413

Reaction score
Hey guys, in the process of buying my first project and seen that it is a 1966 barracuda but its the early model because it has the v for valient instead of the fish. Maybe its me but I will ask does this make my car any less of a barracuda. I see members have 66's but none seem to have the v. Put my worried mind to ease

Thanks
Kyle

Nope, still a Fish!! Got any pics? I would think the early ones would be cool, may have some different options or carry-over 65 stuff, neat either way

Are you sure the V you saw was for Valiant and not V8? As far as I'm aware of, the only year of the Valiant Barracuda was 64. All the rest are just refered to as Barracudas, or Cudas in the non-early A.

I think it has the "V" in the center grille and rear window trim. Some very early 66's had this from the factory...but someone could have changed them too, the build date would may tell more. My dads 66 Cuda had a Valiant grille when he bought it in 1976 but someone swapped it in.

I forgot about the 64-65 Valiant/Barracuda rear window trim with a V instead of the fish. Good call.

And that's exactly where the v is at and the car has not been tampered with so its original

No less a Barracuda, In fact that year range, 64-66 can be what started it all, as far as High horse power mid-sized cars go. Remember in 1964 the Valient Barracuda beat the Ford Mustange to market, and 64-66 had the largest single piece of glass ever installed into a production car! Still folks refer to 70-74 E-bodies when one mentions Barracuda. So love the car for what it is, the basis for all others that followed!

Very true thanks guys I'm very happy with this purchase have been looking for a early A for a while

My brother as a 65 Barracuda formula S owner I will just add to what the other have already stated above. We early cuda owners are just as good muscle car owners as any other ever made. Those Mustang fools will not ever live up to us being first and you being a 64 Barracuda Owner one of the First! Just enjoy what you have, drive down the road and watch the many others double take you as you pass them trying to figure out what just passed them going down the road! I am on my second early Cuda, my first was a 66 which I used to drag race on weekends in street class running low 14 second quarter miles. I was a good light man and finished second in my class several years in a row. I loved that car until an old man ran into it one day coming home from the track due to rain......I now have a 65 formula s cuda that is just a street car and fun to drive as I no longer race. You have fun with your cuda enjoy it and you will find it is not hard to work on and parts are still out there, guys here will help as much as possible! Love the affordability as it lasts and have a good time!!!!!!!!

No less a Barracuda at all. Look at the 70 Duster - it was badged a Valiant Duster, but still as much a Duster as the other years.

The 64 barracuda was the only year that displayed - plymouth,barracuda, and a valiant script, the valiant script was on the lower back right side below the trunk deck. I have a very original 64 dad bought it for mom new $3,000.00 tx & title in our driveway still has dealorship rear licence plate surround. Push button automatic, torque flite, 273. Have started total restoration. What a neat car !

the tough thing is nobody really knows what previous owner put on the car. Still a cuda, still a bad *** car. PICS tho. we all LOVE pics.

so then i have to ask the question does anyone else out on the site own a barracuda like mine with the V in the front and the back? if so i would love to see pics. still working on getting some up of mine

Hey guys, in the process of buying my first project and seen that it is a 1966 barracuda but its the early model because it has the v for valient instead of the fish. Maybe its me but I will ask does this make my car any less of a barracuda. I see members have 66's but none seem to have the v. Put my worried mind to ease

Thanks
Kyle

sigh..........:angry7:

come on is a valiant duster any less of a duster

the "V" emblem is factory correct for an early 66 barracuda
that is the way my grandmothers car came when she bought it new from the dealer

I got a 66 "fish" on my 65 window trim and am looking for a 65 "V" if you wanna trade. PM me if you are interested. The fish is all silver, no black background...

As been stated in some other posts - the early production 66 Barracudas had a "V" emblem on the grill that was unique to the early 1666 Barracuda model (even different than the 66 Valiant grill emblem). The rear window trim on these early 66s was the same as the 65s. So you have “not less than a Barracuda” but a limited production early 1966 Barracuda (One of my two 66 Barracuda is an early production “V” model)

Umm sarcasm much? Idk I was just asking because everywhere I look I can't seem to find a picture of one. They made like 31000 barracudas that year so I don't the 1966 was a rare year just a different vast style but the badges are what's getting me

All kinds of things happened in the factory. My 65 Barracuda commando came with a 273 Charger (dodge) air cleaner and not the commando lid.

If you get a hold of the 1966 road test drive of the 66 barracuda in I think it was Car and Driver, the test car pictured in that article is a "V" badged 1966. The is at least one other guy here on this forum who has one too, maybe more.

-
Back