Any project goals for the weekend?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I am going to tackle some of my bugs I need to work out like figure out why my caliper hose crush seals will not quit leaking.

Fix my radiator hose that got sliced from a clamp.

Align the front end best I can till I can get it on the rack.

Possibly install all of the the door /quarter glass.

And lastly, take the sucker for a ride in the 63 degree weather we have been promised tomorow.

Sounds like you'll be busy. I need a garage with heat. Mike

Good luck Cudaspaz. Hope you get your list done.

As for me. No real goals. Just going to get out in the barn and work on the DustDemon.

well I love love to finish my dash this weekend, I just finished airbrushing the blue on the main bezel, now wait 20-40min tape and paint the black then clear. I will post pics of it if it comes out. I still have to mod my wiring and test the gauges and mod the dash frame. Also paint the frame and the other bezel I got today and reassemble. Lots of fun

Not yet, but soon. Weather is supposed to be great but I will be cleaning up from the big ice storm last week. Good luck with yours.

Sound like you have a long weekend ahead of you cudaspaz. it looks like its gonna rain here so im going to sit in the garage and put new brake parts on the rearend i just picked up.

Replace axle bearings, sand blast recently acquired 8-3/4" rear end and paint.
Replace quarter window seals.

working on our military vehicle service tent to work on our Darts...setting up...20 x 60 down in Delaware..

will change oil in our 1973 440 that's sitting on a trailer, run again for 15 minuets, pressure wash it..
buy another 1968 dart Sunday off an old friend...6 cylinder/auto for $500...runs/minor rust issues..may sell or part out has some parts we need for our calif. no rust. surf the inet as usual for stuff...

Do a sun Dance so I can paint
Then I will:
Saturday
-Finish Wire Wheeling my Block bare.
-Finish Gasket Porting my Intake & Heads.
-Start Smoothing the Squelch Transition.
-Wire Wheel the Heads and intake as Best I can. (Wish I had a Media Blaster!)
-Strip the rest of the paint off.
-Primer my Engine bay!
-Paint it High Temp Silver.
-Clean all my Engine Accessories and prep some of them for paint
(Alternator, Timing Cover, Water Pump, Starter, Fuel Pump, Distributor)
Sunday
-Wire Wheel Tranny & Bell Housing
-Wire Wheel Control Arms Spindles Backing Plates & Calipers
-Wire Wheel Leaf Springs Axle 3rd Member Drums Backing Plates and Driveshaft
-Prep all for Primer
-Paint Calipers & Drums Yellow
-Get someone else to clean some grime off the Under-Carriage/Wheel-Wells

...That oughta keep me busy this weekend.

Well I messed with the caliper crush seals, pass side okay, drivers side leaked again after I drove it. I'm stumped, replaced crush seals and deburred and cleaned mating areas, still leaks after drive from top crush seal.

Aligned the car by eye for now.

Fixed the radiator hose leak.

Took it for a test drive and my buddy down the street, the guy with the 68 notchback, heard me coming and was waiting at the end of his driveway LOL.

I told him to hop in and we drove to a mopar guy that lives behind me on another road and we hung out there for a bit.

The guy's Dad could not quit staring at the car.

He said "I can't quit looking at it." LOL.

He let me borrow some long tube resonators to bolt on for the trip to the exhaust shop.

Pretty productive day so I'll play with the resonators tommorow and see if I can get some more glass installed in this thing.

Any ideas on my leaking caliper hose crush seals, shoot me a tip, I'm out of options short of using some sealant on them.

I've been seeing alot of new old mopars around here lately.
I saw a hemi orange 71 charger with black side stripes and a sublime green one with black side stripes.

I have a feeling this summer is gonna be awesome!

i remember reading in an older issue of one of the mopar magazines, that the washers that come with new calipers wernt the same thickness as the originals, and it led to leaks. though i cannot remember which one it was, mopar muscle, action, or whatever. maybe a thicker crush washer would help. i didnt notice this problem with the scamp,but who knows, just a thought. good luck with your projects.
-aaron-

Are you using the newer style single piston calipers? i know on mine they said the hose was supposed to be installed with the angle down towards the caliper but it leaked so i angled them up and it fixed it.

sat. my dad n I just installed the rear glass and will be working on the rear drum brakes

I get to work all weekend. Nights too.
The good news is I can sometimes come here and harass you all like I am doing now. :-D

building a couple of engine stands. then try to get the 400 to run,a guy is bugging me for it, think I priced it too low 300.00

Well I messed with the caliper crush seals, pass side okay, drivers side leaked again after I drove it. I'm stumped, replaced crush seals and deburred and cleaned mating areas, still leaks after drive from top crush seal.

Any ideas on my leaking caliper hose crush seals, shoot me a tip, I'm out of options short of using some sealant on them.

There is a aricle about how the crush seals are to thin in the calipers in a Mopar Action magazine. It was in the questions and answer to Enhrenburg. Seems like he suggested replacing them with the correct Mopar ones.

Get her done Cudaspaz,Light thoes big tires up for us Canadianssss as we cant do that yet dam winter.As for me this week I plan on removing the easy things on my front end to start the rebuild.hopefully my mechinac will come by and help drop the t bars and lowers.Good luck and have fun doing it.Reguards Don.:cheers:

No plans for my A body, but I fanally got the '69 Road Runner back in the garage. I started the restoration over a year ago and then my mother in law passed away. EVERYTHING from her house had to be put somewhere...so it all went into the garage. So...the RR sat under a cover in the back yard the whole time. At the same time my wife decided we needed a new kitchen, so I remodeled our kitchen which meant all the applinances and cabinets were in the garage also. finally the kitchen is done, the crap is gone and the garage is clean. The Road runner is now back in the garage so I can get back to work on it.

slantscamp & Tnplumber hit it. There was an article recently (Mopar Action?) where it was reported that the washers and/or the bolts are not matched and the bolt will bottom before the washer crushes and seals.... I *think* the solution was just thicker brass washers.

Good luck CS... let us know how it worked out.

My carb. buddy is coming over to setup the holley 4bbl.(500cfm)on the 66 Dart,also gotta check my nuetral safety switch!Car won,t start with key,but jump the starter relay and she fires!Also have a small headder leak.This week I want to get front end aligned and my new w.shield intalled.That should keep me busy this week(laid-off)It,s going to be in the pluses all week:cheers:

did yesterday: air up and drive the 74 v8 disc brake donor car/ deathmobile to my freinds house across town. the guts will go into his 69 valiant project. he's going to swap out the 7 1/4 from his car to the donor car this week while im in manila and we'll both tackle the k-frame when i get back next week. for now we just want to make the appliance green beauty a roller
with the un-needed parts and then have its ugly carcass hauled off.

0111091339b.jpg

Well, my weekend is over as far as the car is concerned. We work on it Friday nights and Saturdays. Very productive weekend. Got some wiring done, a bunch of parts ordered from NAPA, line lock installed, battery box and cutoff switch mounted, driveshaft measured, and electric fuel pump mounted.

For your brake problem, why not grind a little off the threaded end of the banjo bolt? Just make sure you clean it up good afterwards. That oughta give you the needed crush on the washers.

well I got the bezel painted and now I am wet sanding it so I can do a little touch up and re clear.

DCP_4481.jpg

-
Back