Any Punk Music people????

-
no no no theres a younger crowd out here. BYO records, SST records. youth brigade, dks, bad brains, circle jerks, tsol. i have somone got there head kicked in comp on vinyl. i like genocide and mia. old metal, death, mecyful fate, iron maiden. newer metal like darkest hour, skeletonwitch.

I was into punk in the early 80s, bands like DRI, Suicidal Tendencies, DK, GBH, Black Flag. Then I heard some Metallica and never looked back. (this was when they didn't suck)

They sound pretty good. I love punk. If anyone wants to hear a good collection, Rhino records put out a box set called "No Thanks the 70's rebellion." It's got a ton of good stuff.

I love all rock, punk, heavy metal, hard rock, classic rock, nu-rock, alternative.....Volbeat pretty good, rancid, social distortion and the best punk band the dead kennedys. For anyone who is into heavy rock, there is a newer band i discovered not too long ago i cant stop listening too called Viking Skull. They sound like old metal and new metal put together.

I love punk. Rancid, NOFX, Social Disrotion the list goes on... But my farvorite band would be Blink-182. Thats more of a pop punk. Then Rancid, A Day To Rememeber and The Offspring. Also i listen to a lil screamo every now and then. Im into everything but rap and like operah and classical. Some country is okay but yes im a punk rocker haha. :D Hope you guys dont mind me resurecting this old post haha. Just like to put in my 2 cents.

I forgot about this thread. There are tons of good underground punk bands. If anyone wants to here some. PM me.

cool more old punks! opened for the U.K. subs back in the 80's played punk metal rockabilly blues its all just rock&roll to me

Old punks never die, they just get into Mopars.

Right on!!......you got that right! I guess I'll stand up and admit I'm an old punk rocker from the L.A. scene from late 70's~mid-80's. I used to hang out @ the Starwood, Whisky a Go Go, Club Lingerie etc......saw Exploited, The Crowd, Rik L Rik, Go Go's, Sham 69, Dead Boys, Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, Fear, Dickies, "X", Plimsouls, Meat Puppets, China White, TSOL, 45 Grave.......just tons o' bands. I'll always love aggresive music......

Man, top this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10WQypQRftc

Cuda, the meat puppets are a fun show. I had the opportunity to see them two years ago and even got to meet them. Good times. I wish I could have lived in that time. I love DK. I even have a shirt. The day after the last Kennedy brother died. I wore it to work. I didn't even know the kennedy guy had died. Boy did I get some looks. lol

Heres a fun song.
Stiff little fingers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5vCgtpY0Kg

Cuda, the meat puppets are a fun show. I had the opportunity to see them two years ago and even got to meet them. Good times. I wish I could have lived in that time. I love DK. I even have a shirt. The day after the last Kennedy brother died. I wore it to work. I didn't even know the kennedy guy had died. Boy did I get some looks. lol

Heres a fun song.
Stiff little fingers

Whoa......awesome.....I've got "Barbed Wire Love" by Stiff Little Fingers on my IPOD. =D>

Since this thread came back I thought i should let you know that my buddy's punk band broke up. He's had offers from 2-3 other bands to come play with them. The other guitarist is doing some sort of techno/hardcore deal together and the drummer is doing a punk/ska deal. So, yeah, we are all sad when they broke up, lol.

Right on!!......you got that right! I guess I'll stand up and admit I'm an old punk rocker from the L.A. scene from late 70's~mid-80's. I used to hang out @ the Starwood, Whisky a Go Go, Club Lingerie etc......saw Exploited, The Crowd, Rik L Rik, Go Go's, Sham 69, Dead Boys, Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, Fear, Dickies, "X", Plimsouls, Meat Puppets, China White, TSOL, 45 Grave.......just tons o' bands. I'll always love aggresive music......

Man, top this.....

:prayer:

I'm a huge LA punk fan. Such an underrated scene, all my favorite bands came from LA. Chiefs, Minutemen, Secret Hate, Germs, Agent Orange, Flesheaters, Vandals, Eyes, Gears, Controllers blah blah blah. Black Flag played in my hometown in the mid '80s and wouldn't you know it, cops shut it down. I ended up standing in a little park with Henry and Greg Ginn just bullshitting with them. Man that was almost 25 years ago! Another little tidbit for you - Adolescents put out a live record recorded at my hometown club in '86 and I was at the show. Aggression opened up. Just an insane night for a 16 year old who's favorite record at the time was Someone Got Their Head Kicked In...

Was just in LA a few weeks ago my friends band Two man Advantage played at DiPiazzas. Nobody there, we're all too old for the kids these days.

Punk is pretty old by now.

My 17 year old plays bass in a hardcore band. There is a vibrant underground punk scene that doesn't get any media attention and doesn't want any.

I have a ton of punk on my Ipod Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, X, Butthole Surfers, Germs, Pixies...

Long live rock!!

-
Back