anybody else drive minivans?

-
I’m having trouble finding if the flexplate was suppose to be clocked a certain way. The flexplate I used was from the 2003 transmission. (The only difference was supposedly where it bolts to the torque converter).

Only fits on crank one way, the cutouts that trigger sensor have one odd hole,either one thats closed or a double wide,that tells ecm where #1 cyl is to begin firing and injector cycle.
So if that window is in the wrong location it will put timing off both for spark and fuel.
But going back to sensor, rpms need to register 100% during crank.
Verify with test light on injector.
Also ac voltmeter on crank sensor. I have no clue what you would be looking for, just that its consistent. Like an abs sensor.

I think I’m just going to buy a crank sensor and hope for the best. Thanks for your help.

The thing I'm trying to wrap my head around in the 3.3 didn't change how the crank sensor read off the flywheel until 2004

On RS body vehicles with a 3.3L engine, the CKP/CMP pattern was the older SBECB pattern until 2004, when it switched to the NGC controller. The 3.3L never used the later SBEC pattern.

this is the cranks sensor that came out of the 97
0900c1528003c4fd.gif

this is the style that came with the trans from a 2003.
I checked the wiring schematic and the wiring is the same. technically it should read the same. The depth should be good because the flywheel and trans are what it came out of.

original.jpg

CE33FC59-0D65-4C7E-A087-E6F62C9AEE4C.png
The long window is what helps ecm determine the beginning of firing order.
It must be exactly the same as the 97. How torque bolts to it is irrelevant.
If rpms are not registering during crank cycle,it will most likely be your crank sensor. Wanna use the sensor for a newer vehicle? Nothing is stopping you from trying.

Crank Sensor didn’t fix the issue. From what I read part of the swap was going to be rewiring the range switch. The factory trans was suppose to have round terminals and the new trans has flat ones. Mine had the flat spade connector and I didn’t think anything of it.

9DC2A1C2-8D73-4B11-813F-6FDE9A451FAA.jpeg
4DFC1F2B-3D6C-4725-98E8-46EF8391CDF2.jpeg
6CD900F5-094E-4AA7-BE96-5E42C82CCBF6.jpeg
92963145-51F2-4DEA-82A1-4D90EA5C0A96.jpeg
335437AE-90C7-4D0F-852E-F94E6F4CDE75.jpeg

I would think that transmission would have no effect on engine running. Unless there is a 5 volt reference getting grounded or seeing 12 volts.

Wrong flexplate. Scoped it. Pulled starter to be 100%. Pretty stupid but I figure I owed it to whoever followed this thread. Haven't replaced it yet but its the wrong one for sure.

Love my 2011, driven it from here (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada to Anchorage, all around Yukon and British Columbia and Montana, down to Tennessee to see the eclipse and all around Canada's east coast) I also tow an 18' RV trailer with it. My only real issue with it is replacing the rear brakes ALL the freaking time. but yeah I use it for a lot of hauling **** (including wood, metals and auto parts) so its to be expected lol Its only me so all the seats are in the floor and a 4x8 sheet of 1" plywood on the floor at all times.

...I do wish there were a all wheel drive option for 2011 and up, I'd pick one of them up... and no to a Pacifica for the AWD as they are not as versatile IMO

-
Back