Anyone else tired of all the for sale posts and lack of tech posts?

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I get the fact that we have neat stuff to sell. However, I use the forum to find advice for my car and help others. The last week or so when I open FABO the opening page is covered in for sale posts. Three times now there were 16 for sale posts and 4 technical posts on the opening page. I would rather have to click on classifieds and actually look for for sale items. I always thought of this as a helpful technical forum first and a parts source second. Anyone else with me, or am I way off base?

I get where you are coming from because we all like tech threads ....those of us who build our own cars.

However I for one like the for sale ads because I am in the market to buy parts. I have a few cars and I come here to complete the puzzles so to say. In the last month I have bought from at least 4 different sellers. Its great.

But I do get you but I don't know where the solution would be or at least the happy medium.

all the techs are on vacation, only salesmen on duty.

I like when there are 15 different sale ads all within 10 mins of each other, by one poster, each ad only containing one item.

I don't use the new posts feature, so i can't complain about that.
I just go to the forums that interest me on this board.
There are forums that i have never even opened at all, in the time that i have been registered.
Never thought of it before tonight, but i guess i could be guilty of bringing some of my for sale ads back to the top of page one, back to back, when they get down to page 5 or beyond.
But, there is nothing wrong with doing that, according to the rules, when you pay up to be a gold member.

I like when there are 15 different sale ads all within 10 mins of each other, by one poster, each ad only containing one item.

Thats because its supposed to be done that way...

The fact of the matter is in order to keep the cars we are having to sell everything else.

I get the fact that we have neat stuff to sell. However, I use the forum to find advice for my car and help others. The last week or so when I open FABO the opening page is covered in for sale posts. Three times now there were 16 for sale posts and 4 technical posts on the opening page. I would rather have to click on classifieds and actually look for for sale items. I always thought of this as a helpful technical forum first and a parts source second. Anyone else with me, or am I way off base?

Do you need a cookie?:???:

Thats because its supposed to be done that way...

The fact of the matter is in order to keep the cars we are having to sell everything else.

#-o my mistake, the few boards I've been a member of usually request to have multiple items in one post rather than multiple ads

I don't use the new post feature, but I did after reading this and I agree with you. But don't expect anything to be done about it.

#-o my mistake, the few boards I've been a member of usually request to have multiple items in one post rather than multiple ads
:protest: to me the aimless posting is worse than the for sale adds!:protest:

I once made a similar comment about certain threads,, and it was quickly brought to my attention,, that I didn't have to clik on them..

I appreciate the ads,, they've help me build half a dozen cars,, and being fresh, on the front page,, sometimes gets me 1st crack at the elusive part I'm after..

This is the only forum I've been to,, where it didn't take 3 days to get an answer to a post.. and 4 fresh technical post took a coupla days, not a few mins..

jmo

It doesn't bother me a bit.
I just surf until i find some topic i am interested in.

I also dont use the new post feature and just go into each topic area individually. I checked each area multiple times a day, just following other posts or actually searching for answers. Personnally it doesnt bother me that there are a lot of sale ads.

X2. I like the for sale ads, I've found a lot of good stuff on this site and sold a lot of stuff.

It's the threads that I open and the first 3 words are "fart bacon poop" that I don't much care for. But to each their own.

X2. I like the for sale ads, I've found a lot of good stuff on this site and sold a lot of stuff.

It's the threads that I open and the first 3 words are "fart bacon poop" that I don't much care for. But to each their own.
agreed!!

Surprised that no one has said if you are that un-happy here to go start your own site....a member tried that not to long ago....was a flop.....I am propbably one of the ones that is being "complained" about here with the "mindless" posts.If the threads about my pups bother you I do apologize...not......I don't mention anything about my car because for now it is just sitting....and from past experience my plans are just going to bring out the chest thumpers so why bother??

I've got no problem with posts about family, pets, what you did in your day, the word games, the picture threads - those at least are interesting to read. It's literally just the threads that are "mindless" as you stated, that are about human feces and the smell it makes. It won't stop me from coming here, I just don't particularly like reading it.

X3, I don't care for the posts that the original poster asks a question, or starts a poll, or makes a comment, and isn't heard from in that post again. Looks to me like they are just wanting a higher post count

X3, I don't care for the posts that the original poster asks a question, or starts a poll, or makes a comment, and isn't heard from in that post again. Looks to me like they are just wanting a higher post count

Im with ya there....its all about the numbers.......just follow the numbers....

I use the new post feature because there are too many inane sub forums here. And they keep adding more.

-
Back