Anyone else using MegaSquirt on a LA motor?

-
You're right. The simplicity of the LS makes it very attractive to a hot rodder. There's no wonder it is now cliche' to LS swap something. I have no idea what it's like to have a plethora of aftermarket support for an engine platform. Heck the physical size of the LS is even favorable. My next project will have a Gen3 Hemi (likely turbo) and I've pretty much written off that it will be an A-body because I don't want to deal with all the crap that comes along with putting the physically large engine in a small engine compartment.
In retrospect I totally agree! As I very quietly am stuffing a 6.1 in a 72 Demon! Yep, clearly I am not the brightest bulb in the box! While I wanted to use MS again due to the excellent results on Cuda. MS has had quite a bit of changes here recently and so I went with Holley system on the Demon. So far it has been arguably a bit easier then MS. I am still not done yet but am getting closer. Demon is in paint as we speak. I will be interested to see how I like fuel mapping capabilities on Holley vs my old MS 3 Pro? And you were also correct on getting thru the initial phase of holy crap what have I done when first dabbling in the tuning aspect. Like you I will never have another carb and have no reasonable explanation for my delay in adopting EFI. But it is spooky as heck at first. I gave a super nice custom AED race carb to a guy on FABO for a beer recently as I knew I would never use it again. Love me some EFI! Nice thread guy, super informative.

Here ya go RJ. My A body with 6.1 total PITA!

IMG_1685.JPG

In retrospect I totally agree! As I very quietly am stuffing a 6.1 in a 72 Demon! Yep, clearly I am not the brightest bulb in the box! While I wanted to use MS again due to the excellent results on Cuda. MS has had quite a bit of changes here recently and so I went with Holley system on the Demon. So far it has been arguably a bit easier then MS. I am still not done yet but am getting closer. Demon is in paint as we speak. I will be interested to see how I like fuel mapping capabilities on Holley vs my old MS 3 Pro? And you were also correct on getting thru the initial phase of holy crap what have I done when first dabbling in the tuning aspect. Like you I will never have another carb and have no reasonable explanation for my delay in adopting EFI. But it is spooky as heck at first. I gave a super nice custom AED race carb to a guy on FABO for a beer recently as I knew I would never use it again. Love me some EFI! Nice thread guy, super informative.
I'm open to trying Holley on my G3 project. I especially like their digital displays. I'm hoping they come up with a new drop on kit like the Terminator they developed for the LS. My car almost got the G3 Hemi, but once I learned I needed to notch the frame rail for the alternator to fit, then become very creative with the A/C compressor, I decided against it. Mostly because I had already painted my car and didn't want to redo any of the paint work.

I'm open to trying Holley on my G3 project. I especially like their digital displays. I'm hoping they come up with a new drop on kit like the Terminator they developed for the LS. My car almost got the G3 Hemi, but once I learned I needed to notch the frame rail for the alternator to fit, then become very creative with the A/C compressor, I decided against it. Mostly because I had already painted my car and didn't want to redo any of the paint work.
Yep! You can always tell the Mega Squirt guys at the track. We have a laptop tossed in passenger seat!

-
Back