Anyone flowbench the trickflow 190 heads yet???

-
Everyone should have a certain amount of respect given as a courtesy and then from there, that person themselves will adjust your vision on what they should get and/or deserve.

Member OU812, (Brian) as well as PRH & RAMM builds engines for a living. I would give him as well as a few other professional engine builders here enough lee-way to think of them as correct and honest in there findings as accurate as they found them.

Flow benches are a tool best used in a before and after situation. Just like a dyno.

Your immediate response is rude and insulting or only to those that build and port then show results but it is also discrediting them without any of real knowledge of who there are or what they have done and proved or disproven.

By governing yourself in this manor, you dilute the board with trashy comments that in reality only hurt yourself and make yourself look bad as a disgruntled adolescent lashing out. It makes the board look bad and the general population look bad via being guilty by association.

A sure way to destroy a good thing.

In all honesty, this board as of late has gotten catty and ridiculous with the amount of destroyed thread by usless comments that insult, lie about others, bull dog persistent postings of “I’m right, your wrong” followed by cursing out, lies about, insinuations, etc.... rinse and repeat 30 times more....
appreciate the way you've picked me out of all the people that made one crap ton of comments before I did that had nothing to do with trick flow flow numbers LOL... First and foremost I don't need to lie to make friends, that is a lie..
Please Point towards me cursing somebody out? Another lie...
I thought the Forum was for discussion and for asking questions. Are you telling me not to question authority...

Ok let’s see I Jpar will give me hell again or hit the disagree button. I stopped at the TrickFlow tent and for the first time had a chance to touch and fondle a TrickFlow small block head. I talked to a rep for 30 minutes took a few pictures and asked about the intake and when it will be out. They as others are having foundry issues getting work done. Intake should be at the Sema show. I asked why Summit wasn’t there and he said they had a scheduling issue. I told him I wanted to pick up a 10% off coupon and he gave me one. They are very pleased with the Mopar market and their big block head is their number 3 seller. Everything I saw on the small block head I liked. I wish it would have had one intake and one exhaust valve out so I could have fingered the short turn some. View attachment 1715410796View attachment 1715410797View attachment 1715410798View attachment 1715410799View attachment 1715410800
Those look totally sweet! Thank you for taking the time!...

I really like to hear the guys that build engines on here and I don't think they have any reason to lie to us.. like mentioned think their stuff that's left out for the obvious reasons.. (sometimes)
I go to the track much more than I go to the machine shop.. when people like Pittsburgh, 70AARCuda, and nwdart post I have my ear a little harder to the ground. Funny thing out of the three of them only one has trick flow heads and we know those results...

Ok let’s see I Jpar will give me hell again or hit the disagree button. I stopped at the TrickFlow tent and for the first time had a chance to touch and fondle a TrickFlow small block head. I talked to a rep for 30 minutes took a few pictures and asked about the intake and when it will be out. They as others are having foundry issues getting work done. Intake should be at the Sema show. I asked why Summit wasn’t there and he said they had a scheduling issue. I told him I wanted to pick up a 10% off coupon and he gave me one. They are very pleased with the Mopar market and their big block head is their number 3 seller. Everything I saw on the small block head I liked. I wish it would have had one intake and one exhaust valve out so I could have fingered the short turn some. View attachment 1715410796View attachment 1715410797View attachment 1715410798View attachment 1715410799View attachment 1715410800
wow, I like those intake ports!

I have a set...still in the box...they last longer that way....that 408 will get assembled this winter......i spend all my time these days trying to fix two 904s....plus i have two set of heads that are being ports that should be available last this year...

and i have a big screen tv for my garage and have not had time to get it hooked up...dam transmissions..

If it's a clear day I'll drive the car there with the heads.. only one problem...
I'LL ACTUALLY SHOW!!....

Unless it's snowing to the point it looks like they may close the Gorge before I can get through there (I've missed one appointment since I moved here in 02/01/2008 and that was 02/2019) I'll be there in December.

I hate they close the Gorge. Non drivers (subaru drivers, FWD junk and cucks) just need to stay home when it snows.

The short turns I fingered were very nice. Way better than 99% of the rest of the CNC short turns I've fingered over the years.

Yes and yes and I am a trickflow fan boy for the right application lol.I know your heads look good but what do the guides measure?,how is the seat runout?,what are the spring specs?,are you going to rely on shims to locate the springs and not wear into the spring pads?,not being a smart *** Im serious,these are all good questions that I like to know/figure out.Now I don't need super high quality on all my builds,I have a built a ton of low buck stuff and the speedmaster heads have a place.But on an engine like you and I have I would want the above questions at least addressed and make a decision as to if close is good enough. If Rich said he has close to 5k in the refresh he does but he also mentioned the carb and cam and he don't run cheap stuff. Seriously,come on by in December when YR is here and bring the heads and have a bench race session, we are going to be doing some tuning on my car.
^^^ LOL...
ACTUALLY- BAHAHAHA....
The "reasons" have already started....

appreciate the way you've picked me out of all the people that made one crap ton of comments before I did that had nothing to do with trick flow flow numbers
Slow down there cowboy;
WHO!??... I don't know any Brian...
Never shook his hand never talked to him.. it's like having respect for....?..
And there ya have it.
You asked, I answered you directly so yea, it not singled out to make you a bad guy.

LOL... First and foremost I don't need to lie to make friends, that is a lie..
Never said you did. Putting words into my mouth. Double check your facts and read again.

Please Point towards me cursing somebody out? Another lie...
Never said you did. Point it out.

I thought the Forum was for discussion and for asking questions. Are you telling me not to question authority...
Sentence one, I agree.
Sentence two, why would you think I’m saying, trying to say, beating around the bush in telling you that?
Now your being ridiculously stupid.
Don’t worry, I’ll tell you straight out. Wait! You know that. With that said, you must be trying to start with me?
Naaaaaaaa, can be!

LOL

Re read what I said at face value. No hidden messages. Why hide a message? If your being a dick, I’ll tell you straight away!!!

What I said is what I said unless you have a flow bench to disprove them? Do you build engines for a living? I bet the fellas here that do build more engines in a summer than you have life time. And you know what the craziest thing is? They have equipment called a flow bench! And they use it! Please show us your bench and the results of the various heads you have tested so we all can call you a LIER and a hack with an ill Calibrated flow bench trying to extract money from board members!
Please please please post it up.
:rofl:

If you want to question people, great!
You want to question authority, have fun doing so.
However here in the board, it is more of the way it is done/written.
My post mentioned you as a direct talk to you and mentioned other people’s behavior and writings.

Reading is fundamental. So his comprehension of what you read.
:thumbsup::thankyou:

Slow down there cowboy;

And there ya have it.
You asked, I answered you directly so yea, it not singled out to make you a bad guy.

Never said you did. Putting words into my mouth. Double check your facts and read again.

Never said you did. Point it out.

Sentence one, I agree.
Sentence two, why would you think I’m saying, trying to say, beating around the bush in telling you that?
Now your being ridiculously stupid.
Don’t worry, I’ll tell you straight out. Wait! You know that. With that said, you must be trying to start with me?
Naaaaaaaa, can be!

LOL

Re read what I said at face value. No hidden messages. Why hide a message? If your being a dick, I’ll tell you straight away!!!

What I said is what I said unless you have a flow bench to disprove them? Do you build engines for a living? I bet the fellas here that do build more engines in a summer than you have life time. And you know what the craziest thing is? They have equipment called a flow bench! And they use it! Please show us your bench and the results of the various heads you have tested so we all can call you a LIER and a hack with an ill Calibrated flow bench trying to extract money from board members!
Please please please post it up.
:rofl:

If you want to question people, great!
You want to question authority, have fun doing so.
However here in the board, it is more of the way it is done/written.
My post mentioned you as a direct talk to you and mentioned other people’s behavior and writings.

Reading is fundamental. So his comprehension of what you read.
:thumbsup::thankyou:
I hope someone read all those cuz I didn't..
Back to the ignore button the one and only which puts you below yellow rose...

Pm each other.

None of us care who looks better than the other. I deleted 3 paragraphs in another thread to avoid the vacuum.

Things learned...
Brian's bench shows higher numbers than trickflows.
People like to argue, hell...its the season of argument..
Trickflows have a nice almost flat int port floor.

Last edited:
I have a set...still in the box...they last longer that way....that 408 will get assembled this winter......i spend all my time these days trying to fix two 904s....plus i have two set of heads that are being ports that should be available last this year...

and i have a big screen tv for my garage and have not had time to get it hooked up...dam transmissions..
From the post some of the guys putting the trick flow heads on their having to do some heavy banging on their headers. I'd be very interested to know if you are going to have to do
For morning us only!!!! :D
Derailler derailler... :poke:..

I can't believe I read through this whole thread. Post #16 is all that's necessary.

Seems like the Trick Flow heads are worth the money. Unless you are stepping up to a serious 700-800 hp program, what's the argument? So OK, The Speedmaster heads are cheaper and flow reasonably well. Does make the TF product inferior or less valuable?

Think about it this way - how much would you be willing to pay for COMPLETE BRAND NEW, BOLT-ON 59 DEGREE SMALL BLOCK ALUMINUM HEADS that flow approx. 300cfm without touching them?

I agree that it would be cool for them to offer a larger valve choice but there's likely not a huge market for that particular scenario. AFAIK, the fast Super Stock guys use the W stuff which is an entirely different ball of wax. The majority of street/strip applications are probably not going to utilize the potential offered by larger valves because of the cam/RPM needed.

Between the TF and SM head? A BUNCH! In favor of the TF head...but I don't feel that's how they should be picked. If you were to buy both heads complete from their manufacturers, and take them apart...you'll quickly see the TF heads are much better for the money.
Hand ported, the SM heads can make real good power as well, but after all the extra work, will probably cost as much or more than the TF heads that you can buy and bolt on asap.

Only thing I haven't done yet is re work some TF heads...I'm sure someone will want us to, but so far we've made 532HP with pump gas and hyd. roller cam in a "streetable" combo with power accessories and low stall converter app. Still using a dual plane intake as well.
We might be doing a more robust build here shortly, single plane intake, large solid FT cam and even maybe do some work to the heads in search of 600HP on pump gas. I think it'll make 580 no problem, but that extra 20 will be fun to hunt for.

As usual I agree with you here Brian , in terms of power made vs effort the TF's are hard to beat from what I have seen. However in terms of their ability to make real impressive power I'm not so sure. To be clear I have not had any Mopar TF head on my flowbench or on the dyno personally. From what I have seen and heard though performance is not exactly a slam dunk. I am anxious to work with a set and have a project that will use them soon. I love the chamber design of the entire Mopar TF line, I think they can be excellent power makers when a few small things are addressed.

I can't believe I read through this whole thread. Post #16 is all that's necessary.

Seems like the Trick Flow heads are worth the money. Unless you are stepping up to a serious 700-800 hp program, what's the argument? So OK, The Speedmaster heads are cheaper and flow reasonably well. Does make the TF product inferior or less valuable?

Think about it this way - how much would you be willing to pay for COMPLETE BRAND NEW, BOLT-ON 59 DEGREE SMALL BLOCK ALUMINUM HEADS that flow approx. 300cfm without touching them?

I agree that it would be cool for them to offer a larger valve choice but there's likely not a huge market for that particular scenario. AFAIK, the fast Super Stock guys use the W stuff which is an entirely different ball of wax. The majority of street/strip applications are probably not going to utilize the potential offered by larger valves because of the cam/RPM needed.

W series heads are NOT legal in Stock or Super Stock. Just an FYI.

I have said it before to the J,X head believers that the Magnum style chamber is worth at least 25-30 hp, and I even recall you saying the J/X head LA junk was still your preference. lol J.Rob

This is more of what takes a thread of the rails...But.. for the sake of beer can bumping and chuckles by the tool box...
1st we arent talking the same animals...it really isn't a "magnum style" chamber..its a closed chamber, like many LA/B/RB heads before it. Are they even identical to the mag, probably not.
If we were talking the same animal, then the comparison would be an factory LA vs factory magnum, all out. LA wins.
But it sounds by your post... you, not me, are comparing a factory LA head to a rhs or eq head that is still a redesign of ports 'LA STYLE" and apples to oranges.
The chamber could be worth 10-15 hp and he had a tail wind pushing him down the track, who knows. lol jk
Keep in mind though..Production LA 308 head was the 1st with killer exhaust ports, mag followed.The chamber is the only thing borrowed from the mag design if at all, the rest hit the trash can and they reshaped the chamber still.
I like closed chambers, don't get me wrong.
If I can have them both...like with most AM heads ..I'm in.

Last edited:
-
Back