Anyone get their Ebay settlement check yet?

-
I don't think 21-22% to get a worldwide audiance and in most cases hundreds of hits on a 7 day auction is that bad. If you have something special and in demand it will sell on ebay and in most cases for top dollar.

That being said i would much rather use craigslist and save myself and the buyer some money on local pickup type items. I'm sure its just a matter of time before that good deal starts going away.

My mom had an old doll she put on ebay couldn't find one like it for value check. She thought maybe it might sell for $200 dollars. Finished off over $600 and she was pissed when ebay charged her about $100.00 lol... I look at it like a partnership. Some people could never be partners because their to greedy.

haven't sold much on eaby, but what I did sell, got tired of the emails asking if I woul ship it overseas. Which part of "shipping to the lower 48"did they not understand. Craigslist has its drawbacks, too. Had my scooter listed (I did have the price at the higher end), got a couple calls from one guy offering me half my asking price saying he was looking at one with half the miles for half the price, I did drop my price midway, he kind of got pissy. Then there is the spam emails. I listed the scooter twice and each time got a spam email, saying there was a problem with my ad, go to this website to rectify the problem.

The only problem I have with ebay is If the buyer states item not as discribed he gets his money back as long as he provides tracking.

This happened to me once with a 04 Saleen rear body/bumper kit. I had replaced a rear bumper on a Saleen and had everything in the kit new except the rear bumper cover. I detailed minor damages in the ad to the rear cover. Well, you know how Saleen owners are! If not perfect they don't want it. He filed the same "Not as described" on me and they took the cash back from my checking account. Threw me in the RED! I disputed the false claim and after a week they returned the cash to my account less the RED fees...

Bogus!!!

First I've heard of this, wild. I 've used Egay for a source of income for several years like 11. Missed out on that one. Always a day late...

I think I saw a .40 cash back on my Paypal card, does that count? 8-@

Holy ****, I just got a check for $5.50 from the class action law suit! It was 14% of
$75.50 which looked like my "Final value fees paid" So if you were a big time roller on Ebay back in the day, youll get 14.5% of your "final value fees paid" Whoo hoo, Im going to go out and buy a quart of Imperial stout...

Holy ****, I just got a check for $5.50 from the class action law suit! It was 14% of
$75.50 which looked like my "Final value fees paid" So if you were a big time roller on Ebay back in the day, youll get 14.5% of your "final value fees paid" Whoo hoo, Im going to go out and buy a quart of Imperial stout...

I think your math is a little off. 14% of 75.50 is 10.57

Got ya all beat so far....$5.75.........cashed it and went to Mickey D for breakfast...

I just got mine too , but it was really the first I had heard of it .I had to read the letter twice ....$581.00, holy **** I paid alot of fees !!! Going to have a little weeked with the family !!

I think your math is a little off. 14% of 75.50 is 10.57
yeah, math wasnt my thang (how the heck did I screw that up? divided 75 by 5..duh me!) ) But to my credit, I dont run a cash register for a living.

Ever since they required you to have a paypal account to receive money I dropped my account.
You get hit three ways not two. One, fees from Scam-bay, fees from Paypal and fees again from paypal when you want to transfere to your Bank account. All at rates they get to set.
Yup, Scam-bay has certainly screwed that up royally. Certainly not what it used to be. All in the name of GREED.

As mentioned, list it here on FABO and end with a better/fair deal anyway. I've been wacked by buyers on Scam-bay. Never had that happen here once.

:cheers::cheers::cheers: for FABO...lol

*Stinger*

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC-wMcWv2_w"]I'm rich biatch - Chappelle's Show - YouTube[/ame]

$4.19 here.

If it was .01 more I guess I would have been tempted to buy some weed. :)
Not that I do that stuff. LOL

-
Back