Anyone Know What This Tool Is Used For?

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bought myself a bigger top tool box to put on top of my roll a way box, around Christmas time, and while moving tools out of the smaller box, to the bigger one, i came across this tool buried deep in one of the drawers.
But now in my old age i haven't a clew what i bought it for, and used it on.
Must have been a one or two time use for me.
Anyone know what it's for?
Guess Alzheimer's might be setting in for me, in my old age. lol
Thank's a lot.
hemi71x

Unknown tool 002 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Looks like a wire fence stretcher to me.
Got no idea what a wire fence stretcher is, or how that would be used.
Nope.
This is an auto related tool, as that's why i used it on something, that i can't remember what, and why.

Nope.
I GOOGLED "pictures, wire fence stretcher" and this small tool, ain't one of those things.

So, I'm still up for information.

Bought myself a bigger top tool box to put on top of my roll a way box, around Christmas time, and while moving tools out of the smaller box, to the bigger one, i came across this tool buried deep in one of the drawers.
Thank's a lot.
hemi71x

View attachment 1715849029
It is a Gizmo Wizzer, you just don’t see these around much anymore, if you get a gizmo stuck it will wiz it right out.

looks homemade to me
Nope, again.
That's a professionally manufactured tool of some sort, but doesn't have a name on it.
It's got patent numbers stamped into it.
And use safety glasses.

Last edited:
It is a Gizmo Wizzer, you just don’t see these around much anymore, if you get a gizmo stuck it will wiz it right out.
Guy's i would like to keep this posting at a professional level, other than kidding around with joke replies.
Either you can help me out or you can't.
No disrespect to anyone.
Either you know, or you don't, that's why i am asking.

Thank's a lot.
hemi71x

It's a brake shoe tool. Made by Lisle. I'll get a link up here in a min.

Thank's a lot.
hemi71x

For single brake springs. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GHZMTQ/?tag=fabo03-20

Lisle 50600.jpg

Nope, again.
That's a professionally manufactured tool of some sort, but doesn't have a name on it.
It's got patent numbers stamped into it.
And use safety glasses.
If you google the patent numbers, you willl have it

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6327769+

Abstract

A tool for brake spring maintenance provides the ability both to release brake springs and then hold them out of the way for removal and replacement of brake shoes or for other maintenance operations related to drum brake arrangements. A main support bar is adapted to be received on an exposed wheel mounting member. The bar has a pair of threaded pins and cooperating threaded nuts for controlled axial movement of the pins. The pins have hooked ends and are situated for engaging respective brake springs whenever the tool is properly positioned on the exposed wheel mounting member. By rotating the threaded nuts to move the pins a set axial distance with the pin hooked ends engaged with the brake springs, such springs can be drawn back from their hold on the brake shoes, to permit disassembly and maintenance of the entire drum brake arrangement. The tool enables both brake springs to be released and held simultaneously, resulting in significant time savings and improved safety for overall drum brake maintenance operations.

Wow I have never seen one of those

Some imports use those too. I've always just used a flat blade screwdriver and my thumb. I can have those off and back on so quick you'll still be goin to your toolbox to get that tool. lol

My daughter bought a new Cavalier using my GM supplier's discount. I did the rear brakes twice on it. I wish Rusty had been around. Those springs made me miserable.

Yea my son had a 02 cavalier with that style brakes on the rear that's the only reason I knew what it was. Anyone have a set of the special snap ring retainer tool for the late 70s early 80s-wheel cylinders?

-
Back