Anyone local to me capable of correcting errors on a 904 race build

-
It had reverse with brake engaged , no forward gears I took it to local well-respected shop with a trans dyno, they can make it work I'm sure

Why because , from the day I send him the money to build it , it took months and months to receive it (believe it was 8 months) and after all this time, its a leaking , not working pos ..

I'm over him and his workmanship and non customer service

I would like to hear his side before I pass judgment. like I said he has been in business a long time, has a great reputation( many more satisfied than dissatisfied). and find it very hard to believe he isnt making an effort to make it right. I have been in business as long as he has, this the exact reason why I do not sell "over the counter" units any longer. today its too easy to sit behind a key board and call people names
posts like this never resolve anything.
business is business and should be resolved as such.

Last edited:
Many people are fully aware of how he treats people yes, that's no big secret I never even mentioned his name and someone guessed it, I've dealt with him the past he has never been easy to deal with but, to think its ok to hang up on a customer with problems after buying one of your products is no way to treat anyone .

anyone can make a mistake; in the business I am i assure you I go beyond normal expectations every day to keep everyone happy in any way possible. We make mistakes but, I do anything the customer asks to fix it .

I have had multiple p.m.'s from people that are going thru similar problems .

No motivation as he doesn't build anymore. No loss as he will sell parts only from the stuff that's been out there.

Wonder how all those folks with "free refresh" deals outstanding, IIRC he was selling that with his transmissions, feel about the change in business.

I usually bend over backwards to help out clients with my wiring stuff. Luckily the isuues are few and far between.

Many people are fully aware of how he treats people yes, that's no big secret I never even mentioned his name and someone guessed it, I've dealt with him the past he has never been easy to deal with but, to think its ok to hang up on a customer with problems after buying one of your products is no way to treat anyone .

anyone can make a mistake; in the business I am i assure you I go beyond normal expectations every day to keep everyone happy in any way possible. We make mistakes but, I do anything the customer asks to fix it .

I have had multiple p.m.'s from people that are going thru similar problems .
fair enough I just dont think airing out personal matters on social media is a good thing, and never resolves any issues.

No motivation as he doesn't build anymore. No loss as he will sell parts only from the stuff that's been out there.

Wonder how all those folks with "free refresh" deals outstanding, IIRC he was selling that with his transmissions, feel about the change in business.

I usually bend over backwards to help out clients with my wiring stuff. Luckily the isuues are few and far between.
Big Dad, i would take the transmission with me, get to see the guy in question, and be very polite. no more phone calls. he will probably agree to fix it.

AGAIN, still doesn't make it personal. I dont need any other side, what's been mentioned here sounds like this is habitual. I'll never have $4500 to spend on a trans anyway...
Who made it personal? I would say the guy that hung the phone up?
again only 1 side of the story.

Last edited:
Attitude is everything...Whether it's his or yours or both we will never know. For what it's worth I've had great dealings with John. Always helpful and always informative. I have never purchased a complete transmission from him either though.

FWIW...I've spoken to John on the phone a couple times and he was helpful. Of course, with my expertise of transmissions, it wouldn't take much to bs me!! lol

But, my avatar car has a CRT 727 in it that has so far done very well. Hope it stays that way!

AGAIN, still doesn't make it personal. I dont need any other side, what's been mentioned here sounds like this is habitual. I'll never have $4500 to spend on a trans anyway...
Who made it personal? I would say the guy that hung the phone up?
not going get into a pissing contest, its between customer and a business owner, not anyone of us.

not going get into a pissing contest, its between customer and a business owner, not anyone of us.
Business owner myself.
Our reviews on line mean everything. It’s about how you treat your customers pre and post sale.
I kinda agree with you. Doubt I would air dirty laundry until I had given every opportunity for the owner to make things right.
as mentioned , everybody makes mistakes , it’s how you handle those mistakes that speaks to the quality of business you own.

No pissing contest, you have your opinion and I mine. And IMO the OP as a customer already gave him the chance. Then had the phone hung up on him. Fabo has reviews/feedback so is that "dirty laundry"?

I would be beyond upset spending 4500 bucks to have gotten no help.

Dirty laundry my ***. If someone has a bad experience with a particular vendor, I'd like to know about it. As a consumer, reviews and experience from others help me determine where I shop.

funny he didn't respond he was notified and someone told me they sent a link to his page days ago .

not at all, reasonable people prefer to hear all sides of the story before coming to a conculsion.
as a business owner I give him credit for not engaging. if you were a business man you would understand.
little do you know i have a business for 38 years now .

-
Back