Anyone recognize these??

-

Popdart

Reaction score
Does anyone know what these 14" wheels are? They are on my 73 Dart. Thanks, Rog

wheel.jpg

Can't be the 82-84 Mustang or Capri. They were still slow enough to only need 4 lugs. Ford had something like it in the mid-to-late 70's before everything went to the Fox platform. I recall seeing a set on a 68 T'bird, but don't know if they were factory. Look for a ford oval style casting mark on it. It would be somewhere around the lug holes.

American Racing along with a few others had a set of aftermarket wheels like that back in the day. There was a set on CL Seattle a while back with a mopar/ford bolt pattern.

Yeah, it's just what used to be a common style aftermarket wheel. Some people refer to it as a "turbine" style, since it looks like the front of a jet engine turbine. I used to have a set on my 70 swinger back in 89 or so. They were old then.

Thanks guys . . . .

well until I can figger it out I will be "stylin'" with those wheels!!

Looks like a McGriddle? Did you get the McGurggles? LOL!!!!! Or the McTummyache?

An old style wheel called the turbine looks like that. I don't know who made them though.

Dunno. Its on the car and has a tire on it. But it will be up for grabs :cheers: when it comes off the car.

Michelin had a wheel and tire promo in the late '80 early '90 that had wheel that look like those if I remember right.

Robert

These are the western wheels,turbine wheel design,I have the 15x8715x7 with tires on them ready for any one that wants them,mrmopartech

thanks for the info, and I agree they are Western Wheels 60's 70's vintage. Not really my style, but will have to do for the time being. They need center caps, anyone have any layin' around? The caps are pricey lil buggers if you can find them . . . Rog

-
Back