Anyone seen a new Dart on the road?

-

jomoper

Mope or Nope
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just wondering , I've seen a lot of ads on Craigslist for the new Dart . But have yet to see one in person.I wonder how the negative stereotypes of the old A -body's . ( Al Bundys "Dodge" Duster as an example) will affect sales .

i have seen two ...one in the day time parked in a downtown setting....blended in pretty good

the second one i saw was at night and it had the track lights and that looks really really good going down the road ......it looked like an X-wing fighter or something beyond cool from the back.

basically if it dont have the track lights on the back then i would say its a flop.

and i know not all of them have the lights ...i think its not available on the SE and optional on the Rally and satndard on R/T.

I've seen 2. A blue one wasn't that bad lookin. Still not my kind of car but it looked alright

I have not seen one on the road yet. I am glad that I haven't seen one. I am afraid that I might run it off the road for being a disgrace to the real Dart.

No, but I think I saw my 3rd Volt! and only the 2nd that had real plates. not DLR plates...What a joke!

I've seen a few on the road. Dealership near me has a whole row of them out front....not much to look at really. I'll wait until the SRT comes out next year and see how that looks. Rumored to be 300hp and AWD......

Attachments

• Dodge-Dart-300-horsepower-SRT4[1].jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 407
Haven't seen nary a one. Even my '65 is up on blocks while I change out the gas tank, etc..

Glenn

Looks like they renamed the NEON, changed it to Dart.

A-rebadged Neon that's exactly how I feel about it.
Seems most here don't care for it that's pretty much a given.
But The real purpose of this thread was to satisfy my curiosity as to whether or not the buying public likes it . Typically when a new car comes on the market whether good or bad .There's a brief period where you see them everywhere. But I have yet to see a single Dart .

Haven't seen any on the road that I can recall. Drove by a dealer and saw some. U.S. sales through September were a little over 9000 cars.

We got one in the body shop right now. It's got 400 miles on it and it needs a new uniside, rear quarter, and a rear door. The owner is pretty bummed about smashing up his new car. Somebody hit him, so a least it wasn't his fault.

Another one came in today, but only for a few minor things.

They look like a good little car, if your into that sort of thing. I'm personally not, but it don't look bad. All the cars nowadays look the same, :wack: I think they do that on purpose. LOL

Not a one around here,but Im small town interior of B.C! We see more bears than anything...

None on the road but a few in dealerships. That yellow SRT looks cool though. If Mopar would release those first they would catch the public's eye and they would sell more mundane models in the long run. tmm

A couple...not terrible. Also seen about 5 volts "in the wild". Now I'll be looking for dealer plates!

I sure HAVE been noticing the new Charger tail lights. Those are bad ***!

What happened today though, was almost the opposite...

Was driving my 73 Satellite (which looks DAMN GOOD from 20 ft), and idled through the Chrysler/Dodge dealership because my wife has been talking about maybe trading in our PT for something with an auto...any way,...NO ONE LOOKED...NO ONE.

I'm not really an "attention" kind of guy, but come on, a 39 year old car with good paint, no rust and a healthy sound (with the windows up in 88* weather {working a/c}) drives through the same brand's new car lot, and NO ONE LOOKS???

A couple...not terrible. Also seen about 5 volts "in the wild". Now I'll be looking for dealer plates!

I sure HAVE been noticing the new Charger tail lights. Those are bad ***!

What happened today though, was almost the opposite...

Was driving my 73 Satellite (which looks DAMN GOOD from 20 ft), and idled through the Chrysler/Dodge dealership because my wife has been talking about maybe trading in our PT for something with an auto...any way,...NO ONE LOOKED...NO ONE.

I'm not really an "attention" kind of guy, but come on, a 39 year old car with good paint, no rust and a healthy sound (with the windows up in 88* weather {working a/c}) drives through the same brand's new car lot, and NO ONE LOOKS???

that may have been a good thing, the last time i rolled through a dealership in my duster, the salesmen wanted to know what year my nova was....

that may have have been a good thing, the last time i rolled through a dealership in my duster, the salesmen wanted to know what year my nova was....

Now that's not right! lol

-
Back