Average age of Mopar Maniacs.

How old / young are you?

• Total voters
-
My name is Paul I have owned many Abodies and one Ebody. My first one was a 71 duster 340,from the time I was 17 and now I am 58. In 1969 when I was 12 one of my Washington post paper route customers bought a brand new 69, 340 Dart Swinger 4 spd. I tried for several years from 15 to 23 years of age to buy that car. But the answer was always No!! After moving out when I turned 18 and working hard it kind of faded from my mind. When I turned 23 I had decided to move to Phoenix az. from Maryland. 10 days before I left for good to az. I was driving around and went through the old neighborhood and thought about the beautiful green Dart, and sure enough it was For Sale to make a long story short I traded my 72 340 automatic Duster for the 4 spd. Dart and drove it to az.by way of a month long vacation in Florida. The car never missed a beat and drove it as my main transportation in az for 10 years and put it in storage in 2013 I had a pretty serious heart attack.Quadruple bypass and pacemaker later I decided I better drag the Dart out and do it up. Now it is done and I will keep it till they shovel the dirt in on me, Mopars forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep almost 45.

I'm lucky that I still have the first car I bought, my 67 cuda. However, its been neglected so I am happy to finally get around to giving it some well deserved love.

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 294
I"m 60,1st car 69 340 swinger,my friends and I have a conversation about as the enthusiast for a certain era of car age and pass on,do those cars become less sought after?does the value of them decrease?I"m not up on the market of model A's and T's but a large number of those people who had one for a 1st or 2nd car have passed,considering swings in the economy,various condition ratings of cars it would be difficult to say there is less demand or value of a model A today vs 15 years ago,but if I were to take a guess I think both are diminishing.Drag racing is another subject we think is dying,cost of modifying or building a car today is so high its out of reach for most young people,even spectator participation is low watching a televised event and they pan the stands,there empty,maybe its always been like this but I was too busy to notice.My 2 cents.

In 2020 I'll be 61. I'm hoping to last that long as all the projects I've accumulated will take at least that long....

59. Been doing this mopar thing for 44 years. Approaching close to 300 of them, over that time period.

I am 67 years old been doing Mopars for 51 years . I have had 2 , 1964 cuda's 1 , 65 cuda 1 , 67 fast back cuda and 5 , 66 cuda's . A 62 dodge polara 500 , 65 dodge coronet ( which is an on going AFX project ) 4 of the 66 cars are being combined into just one AFX street funny car . It's taken 8 years so far on this project . Wife asked me when I would stop playing with car's , my reply was when they throw the first shovel of dirt in my grave . This tee shirt say's it all ! View attachment pic's2 327.jpg

View attachment pic's2 092.jpg

Wife just looks at me and shakes her head , after 30 years she let's it go ....:burnout:

-
Back