Awesome A-body air dam for under $30!

-
It would appear that you being led all kinds of ways. I believe the first comment was for a Spoiler by Randy. Ordered one from him for my 75 Swinger primarily for cooling purposes. It fit perfect. Again get what works for you.

Mounted the spoiler on my daily driver Scamp. With the goofy 5 mph bumpers it took a few modifications, but it only took all of 15 minutes to mount it. Might get one for the Duster next, and maybe even the D100. Thanks @Ddaddy !

A44EAB3E-AA03-4464-9516-92364A6AC51A.jpeg

Marion, your car needs a front wheel alignment real bad!
True Dat. I finally got some QA-1 Upper C/A's and tossed the offset bushing/stock setup. Muuuucccchhh better now! I have not driven the car hardly while other projects were underway. It helped to find an old school auto shop to do the alignment correctly! BTW the airdam is still like new and does enhance to overall front end appearance and gives a "muscle" seriousness to the car.

Marion

I ordered one up fro the '74 Duster. 10 minute install this weekend. I went ahead a put a self-tapper in the bottom of the fender to keep it wrapping around the outside. I really like the look.

Grill 3.jpg

I ordered one up fro the '74 Duster. 10 minute install this weekend. I went ahead a put a self-tapper in the bottom of the fender to keep it wrapping around the outside. I really like the look.

View attachment 1715363879

I just reread some of these posts. Some were good , some not. The wrap arounds look good on square front end cars. I`m thinking front spoiler again now that I have my ride height back , and front end re lined. I really like the spoiler by randy for the 68 barracuda ($$$) am wondering if the cheap camaro spoiler can be reshaped to fit the roundish front end of a barracuda , are they solid material , foam, rubber , or plastic ??

That nice, but it will only fit on a few A bodies that are built like the early A with the lower valence.
--------------LIKE ! Would need the outside corners rounded to look right on a 68 fish , to me .
How difficult was it to fit to a roundish lower valence, since the summit pic shows it to have V in the middle ??

It would appear that you being led all kinds of ways. I believe the first comment was for a Spoiler by Randy. Ordered one from him for my 75 Swinger primarily for cooling purposes. It fit perfect. Again get what works for you.

Did it help w/ the cooling problem ?? How much ?

The spoiler works. I am running a Magnum (5.9) now 408 with a factory type replacement 26" 2 row rad, and a 180 stat. Has an under drive water pump pully and a 3.91 sure grip. When on the I 35 @ 75mph and stays at 180 with the A/C on.

The spoiler works. I am running a Magnum (5.9) now 408 with a factory type replacement 26" 2 row rad, and a 180 stat. Has an under drive water pump pully and a 3.91 sure grip. When on the I 35 @ 75mph and stays at 180 with the A/C on.

A lot of the cars pictured , don't have the rounded splash pans , the wrap around wouldn`t look right on a barracuda to me , even if a guy could get one to fit. The camaro one looks to be V shaped, that`s what I was wondering about it fitting , 'or being workable" to fit the rounded 67-8-9 splash pan-------
The spoiler by randy is rounded , and looks to be the best looking type on 6-8-9 fish , TO ME .

Checking prices today and found the Ford Ranger air deflector (Item #50-9052) at $16.95 on lmctruck.com with $6 shipping to SoCal.
The OP link shows current price of $17.67 and $80 shipping to SoCal!

I've been debating if I should get another Camaro spoiler or if I should try the Ranger air dam for the future... Can't decide which one I like more.

I used some of their ceramic wax stuff on mine to make it a little more glossy, also much easier to clean.

F398EFD7-0245-49EE-A1D7-61717B0D8264.jpeg

Looks damn good. That’s given me an idea to make one for my 70 out of brushed stainless !!

Anyone got a picture of a front air dam mounted on a 71 Demon? If so, where did you get it?

Yes I had to reduce the width by 4" it was a Ford truck or SUV but I don't remember which model. It fit very nice and I didn't even mind the 2 places where I used small alum plate and rivets to put it back together.

-
Back