Awesome A-body air dam for under $30!

-
I have a spoilers by randy on my duster but my barracuda doesnt fit the criteria as the lower valence outside edges are greater than 1/2" when a straight edge is placed horizontally (too much angle/height gain). Im with @famous bob in that I would like to see more hacks/suggestion/pics/cooling numbers from anyone with a 7/8/9 barracuda.

Mounting a Ranger on my 70 Duster isn't s simple as the instuctions to fit it on a Dart.
Where the bumper goes down where the license plate goes .... keeps it from going flush.

The cutting has begun. The top edge of the spoiler where it passes the center will need to go above the bumper and the rest will be mounted below the bumper.

Not a 10 - 20 minute job here. The original locating holes aren't much help ether.

I must be doing something wrong if I'm the only one with fitment issues.. WTF?

This is sweet for a Barracuda khuebner250
img_20180916_134232017-jpg.jpg

Got my Ranger spoiler installed in 20-30 min. Drilled bolt holes, tucked the sides inside the fenders, done. Wish it was 4-5” longer down each side, but I think it looks great for the money. And if I damage it on a curb, just buy another!

2182222E-28B5-4971-8ECA-5263605AA93E.jpeg

I went with Spoilers by Randy for my 75 Dart Swinger.
When I first opened the box I thought "no way".
However, there were no problems at all. It fit perfect. Hardware was included. 20 minutes.

Old thread but just for kicks: I did the Ranger spoiler on my duster (pictured in the thread) but went a different direction for the dart. Has anyone noticed how much the Hellcat splitter lines match the 67-69 cars bumper lines? Here’s mine sectioned 4” out of the center to square it up.

9298E2BC-3DC7-4526-B055-38D14DF7E615.jpeg

Old thread but just for kicks: I did the Ranger spoiler on my duster (pictured in the thread) but went a different direction for the dart. Has anyone noticed how much the Hellcat splitter lines match the 67-69 cars bumper lines? Here’s mine sectioned 4” out of the center to square it up.

View attachment 1716090582

That's very interesting! More pics please!!!

Is it at an angle or flat to the bumper?

Great now you got me thinking of swapping from the ranger one lol, can always but the ranger one on my sons Valiant.

Is it at an angle or flat to the bumper?
Relatively flat to the bumper. Its all coming back off for paint, so mostly just mocked up to to verify my width was good. Its been out and about around town. Ill get some more pictures for those that are curious.

Is the one on the '65 dart above really the one from Summit in the pic? They look different, perhaps it was modified to take the sharp angle in the middle out?

I was looking to put one on the bottom not to block air, but to scoop air up and into the radiator, has anyone done that?

Is the one on the '65 dart above really the one from Summit in the pic? They look different, perhaps it was modified to take the sharp angle in the middle out?

I was looking to put one on the bottom not to block air, but to scoop air up and into the radiator, has anyone done that?
64? @vntned in page 1?

I ANSI

i got mine off an old A-Body. :p
IMG_1387.jpeg

Yeah, I meant the '64 on the first page. I want to grab air not dam it off. Or would that make the air flow worse into the radiator, i.e. go against the flow coming through the grill? if they are additive flows, then that's what I want to do...I had made a homemade one years ago out of aluminum... That one on the '64 dart appears to be just what I'm looking for on my '67 dart, mount it to the base of the radiator support to force air through the radiator. Anyone done that? Pics? Stories?

Thanks, just snagged one. $26 shipped.

I tossed it on real quick to get an idea of what it would look like. Garage is too small for a decent picture, but I think I like it. Needs a little minor trimming in the middle to fit nice and tight, might be able to get to it this weekend.

20231022_124238.jpg

20231022_124254.jpg

-
Back