B Body cars

-
too cold outside so here I am!

the 68-9 bel and sat, will be your affordable and finadable models of those years. 20 years back people started making their roadrunner clones out of them., which has pushed their value up some. back in 90's I restored a 69 sport sat., 383 vert, hauled to Nats to sell and could hardly give it away! ha EXCEPT same car as GTX vert except 383 not 440! (or hemi)....
I say this. if you go to sell the bel or sat, no matter if you make a rr clone or do it stock or what, the runner will obviously bring more, costs the same to retore each, the initial costs of the rr will of course be more.
if you are looking for a pretty much "done" car and not be throwing $$ at it, looking for a nice bel or sat makes lots of sense to me.
but realize you in Canada...... whole nother world!???? ha

LMAO! Today's youth think my Duster is big. They have no idea what a land yacht is.

..tx for all your thoughts and experiences guys...keep chiming in!
how about improving a B body's handling and brakes?

11 in drums to me are adequate FOR b b CAR, DISCS OBVIOUS BETTER, 10 in drums would be considered marginal or inadequate in todays age. these car on SB and s lant cars. I believe a front sway bar could be had on the 70 k frame, not sure about the earlier cars. sure you could ad.d.
I also though they were good riding, handling cars. most people consider them well designed and and made cars. highly successful on Nascar!!

I love my A bodies, but I missed the bb in a b body and so I picked up the 67 bel 1 other day... just me.

I've had several B bodies. IMHO, probably the best riding cars I've owned are the 71-74 Bs. I've owned a 68 RR, 71 Charger, 71 RR and a 73 Satilite wagon. The two 71s were really nice road cars.

I've had several B bodies. IMHO, probably the best riding cars I've owned are the 71-74 Bs. I've owned a 68 RR, 71 Charger, 71 RR and a 73 Satilite wagon. The two 71s were really nice road cars.

I agree ....had them all. except wagon....... but w ith the 71 up b body, they started using rubber bushing to isolate the k member with the 72 or 3 model year. a heavier car than the early b bodies., helps road ride. NO patch panels for the ext of those?? I beleive. little aftermarket for them. earlier b body is better place to put $$ if ya ever sell, unless maybe a 71 runner or X.

like any of this old car stuff, people just need to pick a body style they love, and sink $$$ into because they love them!! but it is always good to learn all the good and bad points about the model of interest. that's why so many people on here, learning is a continuous process!!! learning bout our old cars is just fun!

so disc brakes, a 1 inch torsion bar and bilstein shocks may make a '68 Satellite handle a bit
better and give it a little more modern feel?
i'm thinking a warm sm blk would make a better balanced road car?

so disc brakes, a 1 inch torsion bar and bilstein shocks may make a '68 Satellite handle a bit
better and give it a little more modern feel?
i'm thinking a warm sm blk would make a better balanced road car?

just depends on what you want. till you actually drive the car some, hard for you to know what you will like. some people like to add a torsion bar slightly heavier than the stock application, modern tires enters the equation over what was just OEM.
personally I rather have the torque of the B B in the B body. S B for me is fine for my A bodies. some people required a high $$ stroker for their A body. just depends on the person and $$ available too.
yes a front sway bar will always make any of our cars more stable.

for a better handling "package" for a road course type driving, a A body to me is better car. with S B can be very balanced car. years past I had several TA's and AAR's back when they were relatively easy to find. they were pretty decent handling car stock. front and rear s way bars, discs, nice 340, a few came with quick ratio box. E body little wider than the B and has some weight too. too bad is still don't have any! ha

A-bodies are best with 340's and stick. Really quick and fun.
B-bodies are the definition of a mopar muscle-car. hemi's just rule.
E-bodies are Chrysler Camaro's....and yes, I have one.

I dig my 2 factory hemi B's.

978t20.jpg

-
Back