back up light question

-
I will call Brewers next week to see if there is another back up light that will work. Pntastar69, what would you suggest to put on the end that would not hurt the inside if it came off. I am going to pull the switch and look inside and maybe stick a screwdriver in the hole with the tranny in reverse to see how far in I need to go here. I have been working on the starting issue. Will check this out tomorrow. Thanks guys.

no, I haven't yet. I did talk to Wayne at Brewers and he told me that the only thing you can do is to cut the base of the switch back about .060 and that should take care of it. He said he has never seen anything inside the tranny that would cause it. He said every tranny case is different and to do that. I have been waiting on my windshield to come in so I can get it in before I put this back up in the air to do this. I will try and cut the switch and let you guys know how it works maybe this weekend.

So he suggested the same thing I mentioned? Mill .060" off the switch housing for a deeper insertion? It needs to be milled flush as it needs to seal as well or you'll have fluid seepage.

back up lights are now working. Took the switch out and shaved a little off the switch where it would go a little further in the tranny. about .060. used some RTV silicone as a gasket instead of the rubber o ring that came on the switch.

Glad you found a solution. Others will be glad to find that solution here too.
Happy moparing

-
Back