Bad beer thread

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Let's lighten up and have some fun. Bad beers? My boy turned 21 so he's asking about all these beers in the store. He wants to try different ones so we get random beers and give them a try. I got him a 24oz Steel Reserve 211, High gravity 8.1% and it kicked his ***. It's basically 4 12 oz beers in 1 can. Didn't taste that bad, I'm drinking a Natural Ice right now..not terrible either. Gonna get him a Mickeys next...now were talking bad beer! Played 3 man with a 6 pack and I think I ended up drinking 5 of them that night, ugh! Malt liquor is an aquired taste.....I drank the **** out of Red Horse in Philippines, and its marketed as a malt liquor here?

Mickey’s-drank a lot of that in college. Natty Ice is awful! Stroh’s , Blatz, Buckhorn-all bad!!

It was on a website as a really bad beer. I said, "hey, they sell that at Stater Bros!" 6.99 for a twelver. Killin it....

20220301_170224.jpg

We bought a suitcase of Pabst 'Genuine Draft' when I was down on base at Camp Pendelton. Me and my drinker roommate both cracked a can and took a big swig. We both looked at each other , then the 22 beers left and just shook our heads. Yeah, 3-4 guys finished finished them that night and we never bought them again. I like PBR, but that **** sucked.

Last edited:
Any light beer makes me wanna puke.

Get him to learn about quality beers and beer styles. The differences between Lagers and Ales. Etc.
I guess my buds and I talk about the past and some of the crap we drank, but back then there weren’t the options there are today.

Also, any kinda IPA tastes like dead fish. Nasty.

ANYTHING "ICE" when it comes to beer besides 'ice cold'...is ****.[/QUOTE]

Ice cold is really only a necessity for most beers to numb your taste buds so its drinkable. Sure, I prefer a cold beer, but try drinking your beer once its “warm” ( & I mean out for a while warm, not cooled down dinner warm). If it feels like you gotta choke it down, it’s crap.

I looked long and hard for a bottle of EKU 28 (worst tasting beer I ever had, bar none!) for his first official 21 year old beer (to make him not like beer that much) but they don't have an importer on the west coast and the 2 places that had it online would not ship out of state. It was the worlds strongest beer at one time before all the crazy micro brews popped up. I had to drink one in Santa Barbara to go "around the world" and get my name on the wall. Imagine a 11.2oz boilermaker in a bottle. 11%, tasted like 30%...
9Lg0I%2FAAAAAAAAAns%2F1qL4pTPai8M%2Fs1600%2FKulmbacher%252BBrewery%252BEku%252B28%252BDoppelbock.jpg

It gets pretty good reviews on beer sites but F, that **** is strong!

Worst I ever had was in the ‘70’s when I was in the Navy.

Chief Oshkosh, from Wisconsin. I don’t know if it still exists, but I can’t think of a reason why it should.

Only beer Ill drink room temp is Guinness. That stuff is good at any temp. Hitting a near dead keg of Old Milwaukee the next morning is pretty rough.

I'm not a beer drinker, never liked the flavor.
But just kinda curious...can you tell us what live fish tastes like? LOL
If sushi rebounds when its hit, its still 'alive'....F that.

I'm not a beer drinker, never liked the flavor.
But just kinda curious...can you tell us what live fish tastes like? LOL
Smell an IPA and there's your answer.

pretty much anything made by large US brewers is watered down, tastes like recycled beer

get him some european stuff

if you cant find that, canadian

you know how they make budwieser dont you?

1456253334_3fb56e58c2_o.jpg

I love IPA's, I considered them skunky. But...

ive heard of skunky beer, but never in a good way

-
Back