Bad beer thread

-
pretty much anything made by large US brewers is watered down, tastes like recycled beer

get him some european stuff

if you cant find that, canadian

you know how they make budwieser dont you?

View attachment 1715880058

ive heard of skunky beer, but never in a good way
Yes, that's probably how they make it now, since they sold off Anheuser Busch. It's literally horse piss now.

As Tom T. Hall says "I like Beer". I have tried many beers across the spectrum of beers. There have been some bad ones, but very few that I could not finish. Until I had Motor Oil #12, the worst beer, I couldn't drink more 4 or 5 drinks.

IMG_5771.JPG

Yes, that's probably how they make it now, since they sold off Anheuser Busch. It's literally horse piss now.
i wanna say ages ago i saw a poster in a bar
where a horse was drinking out of a bucket of heineken, and peeing into a bucket marked "amstel"

(that actually the image i was looking for, but the one i posted was the closest i could find)

i wanna say ages ago i saw a poster in a bar
where a horse was drinking out of a bucket of heineken, and peeing into a bucket marked "amstel"

(that actually the image i was looking for, but the one i posted was the closest i could find)
I can actually drink Heineken, Grolsh....beers that direction are decent. I prefer dark beer though. I drink very little beer anymore anyway.

I also like Tsingtao beer. It's a chinese kinda Heineken style beer. Pretty good.

I can actually drink Heineken, Grolsh....beers that direction are decent. I prefer dark beer though. I drink very little beer anymore anyway.
Grolsch was my dads beer of choice

as a kid i always liked playing with the tops, they had this little lever thingy

itchen.rocks%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F12%2FHomemade-Ginger-Beer-Opening-a-Flip-Top-Bottle.gif

A friend of mine that worked a beer joint in college did the math once to determine what to charge per serving from a keg. BTW, I spent way too much time in the beer joint…

It all depends on the size of the keg: pony keg - 8 gal, 1/2 keg - 16 g, full keg- 32 g. The 16 g keg was pretty much the standard keg for collegiate beer parties - “run low, go make a beer run.”

Number of servings also depends on the size of the serving - “standard can (bottle)” or “cup.”

A “standard can or bottle” of beer is 12 ounces. One quart = 32 ounces, so one quart = 2.83 standard cans of beer. Multiply 2.83 x specific keg gals = #standard cans in a type of keg.

At that beer joint, a “cup”held 8 ounces - 4 cups per quart, 4 quarts per gallon. Do the math for your size keg.

A friend of mine that worked a beer joint in college did this math once to determine what to charge. BTW, I spent way too much time in the beer joint…

It all depends on the size of the keg: pony keg - 8 gal, 1/2 keg - 16 g, full keg- 32 g. The 16g g keg was pretty much the standard keg fo collegiate beer parties - run low, go buy some more.

Number of servings also depend on the size of the serving - standard can (bottle) or “cup.”

A “standard can or bottle” of beer is 12 ounces. One quart = 32 ounces, so one quart = 2.83 standard cans of beer. Multiply 2.83 x specific keg gals = #standard cans in a type of keg.

At that beer joint, a “cup”held 8 ounces - 4 cups per quart, 4 quarts per gallon. Do the math for your size keg.

i think i have mentioned this before, but growing up my best friends dad had a tent rental business, and with it, he rented the beer tent with tap, and sold kegs

each summer me and my buddy would help out putting up these tents and breaking em down again
we didnt take payment for this, but we always got the partial keg (the client would pay for a whole keg, no matter how much they drank, if they broke the seal they got charged for a whole keg)

lets just say, we never got thirsty

Good friends boyfriend worked for Cisco foods, always brought some good beer to parties. Ever had a keg of Newcastle at a party? I tell you that wedding was akward if you know what I mean.

In no particular order of wretchedness, Buckhorn, Blatz, and Falstaff are my nominees. If that's all there was available I'd do without.

Something in modern Bud gives me a tremendous headache within the the first 6 oz :mad:.
Blue Moon tastes like the green waste dumpster behind Von's Market smells.
Any beer you have to add fruit to :icon_fU:.

What abunch of lightweights! :poke::rofl:
Octoberfest and Oatmeal Stout

Home brewed.

20211113_182903.jpg

20211030_191631.jpg

Here's some Octoberfest in action.

Last edited:
No, coffee is an acquired taste. Raw oysters is an acquired taste. IPA is sewage nasty.
I don't drink coffee (never ever) Oysters are a no no as well. I did try some beer when I was 17. Dad offered me a drink from glass but always drank it room temperature. Glad I tried one taste, never drank beer at all.

Often thought that, fizzy water, and for some reason Canadian beer is following suit, hard to find a domestic beer with any flavour, some of the smaller breweries around manisnowba Produce good beers like Farmery from Neepawa Mb. And Fort Garry breweries Wpg. Mb. But anything from the big companies is basically fizzy water. My opinion

-
Back