Bad beer thread

-
I thought I would like this but it was AWFUL.
Couldn't finish the first one.

item7265A_575x575.jpg

I actually like most Belgian beers including the other "Delirium Tremens" products.

My son buys these ones. He likes them, I think it’s the second worst beer I’ve ever drank can remember the worst but there must one. I mean really peanut butter and jelly BEER ick
587D92BE-47ED-49C1-888E-EE75FA20D82A.jpeg

Not the worse beer I drank, still pretty bad. Back in my pre-21-year-old college days (early 90s) we would play a drinking game watching Monday Football with Schaefer beer. Schaefer beers at that time had expiration dates, long before all that born-on dating crap. We would buy these dusty cheap warm 12 packs from this little market in Isla Vista for the game. There would be the Dan Dierdorf word of the night. I swear somebody gave Dan a vocabulary word to use for each game. He would work that word in everywhere he could. So, every time the word was used, we would drink. The main prize would go to the person with the most expired beer of the night. The winner would have to chug that last beer. Ah, I miss those days.

So remember if you are going to drink more then one, make it Schaefer

Even Mojo drinks warm Schaefer

Isla Vista....UCSB? My niece went there and long before that I partied there with a UCSB girl. Isla Vista...every liquor store had super cheap 12 packs of Old Milwaukee or Milwaukees Best. Quantity, not quality! We drove down to Tijuana and the guys in the back of this 6.6 Firebird (me included) bought a case of Lucky Lager with the puzzles under the caps for the ride down. That's the first time I stumbled over the border INTO Mexico!

I quit drinkin' but when i did drink i don't think there was a beer i didn't like. Chilled...not cold is best.If you need it ice cold you probably don't really like the taste. I did prefer the European stuff like Heiniken or Becks. When they first started making cheap beer it was my least favourite but because of the cost i drank it regularly and after a few weeks it was my favourite...you can get used to anything.
The problem with booze is you become a slave to it...but you guys don't wanna' hear that!

Hard stuff is off limits in my house. Too much drama, no benefits. I can go for months with no beer. Think I satisfied my lifelong intake with 18 months duty overseas with 50 cent beers everywhere.

Isla Vista....UCSB? My niece went there and long before that I partied there with a UCSB girl. Isla Vista...every liquor store had super cheap 12 packs of Old Milwaukee or Milwaukees Best. Quantity, not quality! We drove down to Tijuana and the guys in the back of this 6.6 Firebird (me included) bought a case of Lucky Lager with the puzzles under the caps for the ride down. That's the first time I stumbled over the border INTO Mexico!

Yes sir, that is the correct town. I lost a year there and another year paying it off. It sure was fun.

Hard stuff is off limits in my house. Too much drama, no benefits. I can go for months with no beer. Think I satisfied my lifelong intake with 18 months duty overseas with 50 cent beers everywhere.
I never did drink beer but I like Crown Royal and coke. the distilleries will go broke if they relied on me. In do like Baileys as well and maybe have one once a month unless there is an occasion but doesn't happen a lot.

Let's lighten up and have some fun. Bad beers? My boy turned 21 so he's asking about all these beers in the store. He wants to try different ones so we get random beers and give them a try. I got him a 24oz Steel Reserve 211, High gravity 8.1% and it kicked his ***. It's basically 4 12 oz beers in 1 can. Didn't taste that bad, I'm drinking a Natural Ice right now..not terrible either. Gonna get him a Mickeys next...now were talking bad beer! Played 3 man with a 6 pack and I think I ended up drinking 5 of them that night, ugh! Malt liquor is an aquired taste.....I drank the **** out of Red Horse in Philippines, and its marketed as a malt liquor here?
Bad beer?
Any beer that comes in a aluminum can.
I can even taste it when it comes in a aluminum barrel.
May be just me?

Keystone? Plastic lined cans. Rolling Rock...glass lined tanks of old Letrobe! (until 2015) You can get Miller in plastic bottle now, common at outdoor concerts.

Some beers actually taste better from aluminum.

Former Busch products for one.

Out of a glass bottle they taste "cotton-y" to me.

Some beers actually taste better from aluminum.

Former Busch products for one.

Out of a glass bottle they taste "cotton-y" to me.
Canned beer for me, just for ease of returning empties. We pay 10 cents deposit on them. So I get beer bags from vendor. Cut off a sona tube concrete pile form 16” in dia. And approximately 34” high. Put bag in tube, one thumb crunch throw can in when tube is level 144 cans, back to vendor for your $14.40 or more beer.

10c a can? I'd drink cans too! I think its just scrap price here. Does that mean a case is $2.40 more?

10c a can? I'd drink cans too! I think its just scrap price here. Does that mean a case is $2.40 more?
I guess so. It’s called a deposit. Breweries put it in place years ago so you would return the bottles for refilling. I don’t know how it’s run now but the deposit is only on beer containers. It’s been around for so long nobody notices an most guy’s use it.

I guess so. It’s called a deposit. Breweries put it in place years ago so you would return the bottles for refilling. I don’t know how it’s run now but the deposit is only on beer containers. It’s been around for so long nobody notices an most guy’s use it.
I remember those days when we still had them. My friends would build a wall of empties and return them for another case, maybe two. So glad they don't do that anymore since recycling programs were implemented by cities and counties.

Here we have it on popcans
It's a real pain

Whenever I return them I'm usually I'm the 4-500 can range

People don't like to get stuck behind me at the return

-
Back