Badass Roadrunner at SEMA

-
My Grandma always said to either say something nice or don't say anything at all. Normally, I try to live by that. In this case I have to make an exception.
:puker:
C

Wasn't there a thread a few days ago about a magazine writer cutting down Mopar owners for never building anything outside of the "original/restored" box. Well folks, if this it I don't like it at all. tmm

The wheels alone "should" violate Federal Law against "Real Ugly"...................

While I think the one piece milled grill was done for the wow factor and a more delicate fabricated one would have looked a lot less like it belonged on a late model Ford pickup, I for one, really like the way they grafted the Roadrunner sheet metal on their '65 Impala to make it look more like a Mopar. Aways liked the Mustang dash treatment better than than mid 60's Impala's, too.

Wow, can't believe the negative comments on this car. Sure it may not be what you would build, but somebody has taken a lot time to build what their version of a Roadrunner is. Is not enough for you guys that the owner chose a Roadrunner to base his dream off of. Not everybody is deep in love with torsion bars, leaf springs, triple carbs, steering boxes, points ignition, drum brakes, and 15" wheels. So what, HE CHOSE A MOPAR to base his build on. You don't have to like it, but why be so negative, really, respect it for what it is and stop there. Or, maybe it is a pile, and maybe that '73 Duster with the centerlines should have been a feature car on the SEMA floor.

Next thing you know, people will be putting LS3's in '69 Darts, oh the horror!!!!!!

Alright so I usually don't knock nice cars no matter the "style" but all of that work and off the shelf wheels, just seems like a shortcut. Tincup's 63 Dart and Swisswill's Rookie touring dart have way more style and in that in your face attitude. Also just in case nobody saw the magazine articles on the "in progress" work (forget which mag) it has a CHEVY roof....sorry my $.20

I don't care about the workmanship or anything else.I can not respect it for what it is because when its all said and done they runied the car!

Lets hope it was a /6 or 318 Satillite!!!! If the Retard wanted a Viper I bet he could have bought 2 for the price of this. I see alot of fiberglass work. I really don't think there was much metal work except the chopped roofline.

Idunno?? I would have just Smooooothed it out instead of all that Fast n' Furious crap! I don't care for it.

Honestly, I saw that thing through the crowd at first, and thought to myself "WTF did they do to that Torino?"

Personally I can't stand the rubber band tires on the Stage Coach wheels - on any car. I won't even put 17's on my early A.

I saw several cars at SEMA with similar underhood "look". Barf. Complete lack of detail. If I wanted to see an engine assembly hidden under a cover I would lift a Lincoln hood. Several cars there this year had a total monochrome look underhood - yuk. One looked like it got nailed with 2 gallons of featherfill under the hood, and just left that way. Dead flat. Monochrome.

There were some great cars there as well. SEMA is always interesting.

B.

Next thing you know, people will be putting LS3's in '69 Darts, oh the horror!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I have and LS3 going in a 67 Dart...does that count?

Yup, everyone has their own opinion, I can respect the work but the car is ugly. :snorting:

Next thing you know, people will be putting LS3's in '69 Darts, oh the horror!!!!!!

My 2 cents....:puke:

i hate it....i do not like it.....if they gave it to me id sell it pronto...and buy A body parts.

OH, I don't think it's so bad. Just add some dingle balls around the windshield, put some angora on the dash, serape blankets on the seat backs, green lights in the wheel wells, and some hydraulics to make it dance to the horn that plays The Mexican Hat Dance and you got something.

I'm still laughing at this one; priceless!

Built by a shop here in Indy, Been working on it for 6 years from my understanding. over a million invested.
I will go with the UGLY AS HELL crowd.

Well, it's definately somebody's baby. Nothing I really like or would think of. But there's a lot of time there. I'd probably feel better and appreciate it more if I knew it was owner built. But being paid to do that, just tells me it's less impressive. Lots of nice work. But wow.

-
Back