Barrett-Jackson D/Dart

-
Was it that fake one that was being hawked on here last year? Looks like the wrong intake on the one on BJ's site. What else is wrong???

Big money for that car. Apparently it isn't supposed to be restored correctly. ?The non Mopar battery and cables is one of the first things on my list. Worm style hose clamps too. The dual master is incorrect but is a safety item. I'll give them that. Look at that radiator cap. $20 will get you the correct looking one.
Who put the steering wheel on upside down? Tacky! I don't think a red interior had a black dash pad did it? No rear package shelf? Maybe they didn't have one. How about the chrome lock strip around the windshield. I don't mean to be a picky azz here but these are the things I have questions about and I am far from a expert about these cars. It just goes to show how incorrect these BJ cars can be and how much money the public is willing to spend for something that is far from correct! Your opinions? tmm

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=526.1&aid=525

How many different makes of cars fetch big bucks with wrong parts?? Kudos to the owner for owning this D Dart.:cheers:

Definitely not a 10 point restoration but a decent car for a decent price.Not sure but those headers do not look like anything available in 1966.

At least it didn't get crushed and turned into a fuggin Toyota.

How many different makes of cars fetch big bucks with wrong parts?? Kudos to the owner for owning this D Dart.:cheers:

Lot's of them Scott. I have seen a couple BJ cars after the fact and they aren't too pretty. I felt the need to educate anyone who thinks the caes are more perfect than they are. I know the higher quality/ higher dollar cars are sold on Friday and Saturday but this car deserves a bit more perfection in my opinion. tmm

And to think --- the white car only has a 1967 - 273-2 barrel engine with a lumpy, hydraulic cam in it. It has a pieced together Chrysler electronic ignition and an Edelbrock LD340 intake with a Holley 1850 carb. It also has 920 heads and the currently produced 1 5/8" Doug's D450 headers. I heard it with open headers when it was down here in Florida at the Mecum Auction. It sounded very healthy ........ It turned a lot of heads when Ellis started it up. It sounds almost as good as my D/Dart. But not quite.

I do miss that car........

This is a quote from "ddartdude", who used to own that car......not quite what it appears to be....kinda feel sorry the buyer got hosed.....

Here's the thread it came from.....

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=237069&highlight=dart

Thanks for that quote. I thought I read about that car before on here.

I think with only 50 built,you,d be hard pressed to find original parts.After nearly 50 years and being passed around,I,m just glad to see them get the lovin they deserve.JMO:-D

I think with only 50 built,you,d be hard pressed to find original parts.After nearly 50 years and being passed around,I,m just glad to see them get the lovin they deserve.JMO:-D

Strong money for an early "A". Actually glad to see it, thing you have to consider is that's a really rare car if they only built 50 and it's a factory race car. How many could possibly still be left running around? I can honestly say I have never seen one in person.

Now all the early Dart owners that don't know squat about cars and see this on BJ will think they hit the jack pot with grandma's Dart out in the driveway. lol...

Here's a quote from last fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart4forte View Post
Shame these two cars keep getting whored out. When I talked with the owner in June he didn't have a clue as to what he had.
Well --- Guess what just went up for sale on Ebag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My old white D/Dart. He's only asking $48,888.00 or offers. Still the same stuff wrong with it. Black dash pad, missing package shelf cover, my reminder tag on the brake lines at the master cylinder, incorrect engine -- etc.

The way I figure it, a nice restored, running Dart G/T is worth about $23,000 max. If you buy this one, you're paying about $25,888 just for the VIN tag. Kind of steep if you ask me .....................
ddartdude is offline Report Post

Discussion thread from last year about this car:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=237069&highlight=dart

No since in beating a dead horse here. It is what it is and the guy sold it for $40 large. I hope the new owner knows what he's getting.

I'm glad I saw your thread. I had been searching Dish Network for Barrett Jackson and came up empty. Now I see that it is split among three networks and it is listed as "Car Show" not Barrett Jackson..

Gee, do you think there viewership might fall a bit this year??

I agree with all of you, But you have to remember that the people that are buying at B-J have huge amounts of money.Most of the time buy because it's something they like and have no idea of what is and don't care if it is right or wrong.Some buy because it is shines or a color they like.Or their wife or girlfriend says "That's cute,, Buy me that one." A good guess is less than 10% of the buyers know anything about numbers or correctness. Years ago I sold a Duster there and the guy that bought it told me that he wanted it for two reasons,one, because of the color, two, because he heard that I drove it across the country.Now if you want the people that knows cars and want 100% correct, that's the Pebble Beach Auction.Barrett-Jackson is like going to the Circus. That's my 2 cents..Worth about the same !:cheers:

Barrett-Jackson,

Wrong as usual............

A} Incorrect Intake
B} 1966 D-Darts came thru with 'Stock Exhaust' {Doug Headers were placed in the trunk, with a special 'Y-Pipe' connector}.
C} They came thru with 'Inland Shifters' to meet Safet Requirements for Reverse Lock-Out.
D} Every D-Dart had the Heater Box and Hoses connected when they left the Factory.

Note; Only the Radio, Antenna and Rear Seat Belts were deleted.

161421_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

That be my old car. They did do a pretty nice job on the body. I did get to see it and sit in at when it was down here at the Mecum Kissimmee Auction in 2011. I would have loved to buy it back for the $26,000 the Washington dealer paid for it. I just looked at the pictures of the car when I bought it. Geeze, was it nasty.

Last night the kept saying that it was a "Lightweight Car". This isn't correct. The only thigs that were not installed were the radio, speaker and rear seat belts. And no colsole. They must have saved a grand total of 5.4 lbs.

I have to admit, I put the engine together and did the brakes. I was going to make it a daily drive. Heck -- with over 120,000 miles on it, a few more wouldn't have hurt it's value.

Lots of stuff wrong with it. Notice that they welded up the 2 diagonal oval holes in the engine compartment just above the hood hinge springs. The original owner enlarged them to make a cowl induction -ram air setup on it.

That be my old car. They did do a pretty nice job on the body. I did get to see it and sit in at when it was down here at the Mecum Kissimmee Auction in 2011. I would have loved to buy it back for the $26,000 the Washington dealer paid for it. I just looked at the pictures of the car when I bought it. Geeze, was it nasty.

Last night the kept saying that it was a "Lightweight Car". This isn't correct. The only thigs that were not installed were the radio, speaker and rear seat belts. And no colsole. They must have saved a grand total of 5.4 lbs.

I have to admit, I put the engine together and did the brakes. I was going to make it a daily drive. Heck -- with over 120,000 miles on it, a few more wouldn't have hurt it's value.

Lots of stuff wrong with it. Notice that they welded up the 2 diagonal oval holes in the engine compartment just above the hood hinge springs. The original owner enlarged them to make a cowl induction -ram air setup on it.

Yeah, I looked it over when it was at the Seattle Mopar show last June. A lot was wrong with that car. Other than the Vin tag the car was pretty much a 12K car at the most. The dealer who bought the car was clueless on what he had as well as his minions that were hanging around. They were telling spectators about all the lightweigh body panels on the car. I had enough and filled in several people on what they were looking at. One of which was a guy there that had a 65 Dart Charger

The bidder who won that car must of been hanging out at the bar much of the day. Probably will see this car again at one of the auctions

He didnt get hosed he was only one bid higher than someone else. I know where there is a 64 convertable with 22k on it that can be bought for around 28thousand I thought he was crazy but I guess not. Whats something worth? What ever someone will pay.

-
Back