Barrett-Jackson D/Dart

-
He didnt get hosed he was only one bid higher than someone else. I know where there is a 64 convertable with 22k on it that can be bought for around 28thousand I thought he was crazy but I guess not. Whats something worth? What ever someone will pay.

What should I say....the high bidder DID get hosed in that he bought a car that he was led to believe was a "lightweight", which it isn't, and , that it had all the "correct" stuff on it, just because it had the "LO" designation, which it doesn't. Due diligence or not, he paid too much for it...PERIOD!

The guy that bought the D/Dart is the same guy that paid $200,000 on Tuesday night for the 2012 Ford F350 that Chip Foose built for SEMA and WD40. All the money went to 3 charities, one being Victory Junction.

The guy has a heart. I applaud him for donating that much to charity. Does anybody know the guy?

In the whole realm of reality, the price paid, correct or not car, is only of importance if the car is an investment purpose. If your buying a driver and you have the cash, it really doesn't matter. When your dead and gone the kids will sell it for what they can get quickly, nothing more.

What Intake did they put on that D-Dart.

161421_Engine_Web.jpg

My thoughts,

There is no denying that 40K isn't a lot of money. But really it doesn't go far either. Thirteen years ago I bought a new ford truck that was 40K and today I still have it, maybe it's worth 10K I don't know. Nine years ago I bought the wife a new Toyota SUV that was 40K still have it and today it might be worth 10K if we are lucky.

Someone buys this cool classic D/Dart. It's a rare low numbers factory special race car. Similar to a Shelby Mustang of the day or even a later COPO Camaro. But because it's a Dodge we think he or she paid to much and is stupid or a idiot?

Someone else said it already, doll it up like that Hot Rod article car and drop a few magazines around it for probably very little money and a car like this could hit a home run. Or just restore it to original. Were the parts that exotic that they couldn't be found or replicated for minimal cost compared to those other two cars I mentioned, I don't think so?

Correct or not the D/Dart is a pretty special car, or at least I think it is. That one doesn't look half bad in the pictures. Hard for me to imagine the buyer getting hurt on it. Or at least any worse than buying a new car today and driving it for a few years. Not many new cars on the lots these days I like that are 40K or less.

I still think the smart money is on these rare cars if they can be bought right. Those are my thoughts and by the way I didn't buy the Dart and I don't know who did. But I do usally buy high and sell low :-D

The intake on the D/Dart was P/N 2536771 which came on the W/C.A.P. engine. I'm not sure if it had 1 9/16" or 1 11/16" in throttle bores. The one on Ted's engine has 1 9/16" bores. It also had an Edelbrock carb on it. I got the correct carb set up, plus a few other things, off of the car that went up on the block.

I'm not sure what the throttle bores where on the other one that I had. I didn't measure it or take pictures of it. I took shots of just about everything else on the engine.

What Intake did they put on that D-Dart.

161421_Engine_Web.jpg

It has a edelbrock torque. Headers are incorrect. Has a non numbers 4150 holley. Missing the original dougs headers, stock modified intake, the intake spacer, duel point etc.

I have the 'special' Holley #4160 List #3778 Carburetor.

It has > 1 11/16" Primary and Secondary Throttle Bores.

It was 'only' produced by Holley in 1966, and specifically built and calibrated for the 1966 Dodge D/Dart.

It was 'only' produced by Holley in 1966, and specifically built and calibrated for the 1966 Dodge D/Dart.

Was there not an adapter used to allow the Holley to be mounted to the narrow bolt pattern intake?

Correct....... Two-7T3-Dart

The 273 4-Barrel Intake {specifically produced} to accept a Carter AFB Carburetor
also has a 1 7/16" Primary and 1 9/16" Bore Holes for the Carburetor mounting surface.

A mounting adapter was required to accept the Holley Carburetor.

carbs.jpg

Big money for that car. Apparently it isn't supposed to be restored correctly. ?The non Mopar battery and cables is one of the first things on my list. Worm style hose clamps too. The dual master is incorrect but is a safety item. I'll give them that. Look at that radiator cap. $20 will get you the correct looking one.
Who put the steering wheel on upside down? Tacky! I don't think a red interior had a black dash pad did it? No rear package shelf? Maybe they didn't have one. How about the chrome lock strip around the windshield. I don't mean to be a picky azz here but these are the things I have questions about and I am far from a expert about these cars. It just goes to show how incorrect these BJ cars can be and how much money the public is willing to spend for something that is far from correct! Your opinions? tmm

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=526.1&aid=525

I have seen several cars in absolutely assembly line condition according to the owners. After a quick look there are tons of wrong things. It's better they tell the car is in great condition but it's several things that needs some attention!

In that case I have been honest!

wow, I got a couple of calls about my 65 the day after that 66 got sold.........coincidence?

Attachments

• Dart1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 190
My thoughts,

There is no denying that 40K isn't a lot of money. But really it doesn't go far either. Thirteen years ago I bought a new ford truck that was 40K and today I still have it, maybe it's worth 10K I don't know. Nine years ago I bought the wife a new Toyota SUV that was 40K still have it and today it might be worth 10K if we are lucky.

Someone buys this cool classic D/Dart. It's a rare low numbers factory special race car. Similar to a Shelby Mustang of the day or even a later COPO Camaro. But because it's a Dodge we think he or she paid to much and is stupid or a idiot?

Someone else said it already, doll it up like that Hot Rod article car and drop a few magazines around it for probably very little money and a car like this could hit a home run. Or just restore it to original. Were the parts that exotic that they couldn't be found or replicated for minimal cost compared to those other two cars I mentioned, I don't think so?

Correct or not the D/Dart is a pretty special car, or at least I think it is. That one doesn't look half bad in the pictures. Hard for me to imagine the buyer getting hurt on it. Or at least any worse than buying a new car today and driving it for a few years. Not many new cars on the lots these days I like that are 40K or less.

I still think the smart money is on these rare cars if they can be bought right. Those are my thoughts and by the way I didn't buy the Dart and I don't know who did. But I do usally buy high and sell low :-D

Exactly my thoughts. Just how many of these cars are known now? I would love to have an El Zero 66 D/Dart in my collection. I looked the car over close at B-J and there is probably some of my drool still on it...:prayer:

Let me clarify, I don't have a problem with the $40,000. It is a rare car and rare cars go for premium money especially at Barrett Jackson auctions. For that price I would expect the car to be closer to properly restored. There were many simple and very obvious problems that could have been corrected before the auction for a few hundred dollars.

Let me clarify, I don't have a problem with the $40,000. It is a rare car and rare cars go for premium money especially at Barrett Jackson auctions. For that price I would expect the car to be closer to properly restored. There were many simple and very obvious problems that could have been corrected before the auction for a few hundred dollars.

AMEN!!!!!!...my thoughts exactly!

Seems I read somewhere that they used that carb on the race hemi.

-
Back