[IMPORTANT] Become a For A Bodies Only Gold Member Today!

-
Understood... your wording just seemed more of an attack toward Joey and the mods than it sounded like a search for an explanation. I may be considered somewhat of a newbie around here, but for what I get out of this site I am kinda defensive about it.

I know I am sorry! I am not very good at articulating myself into words which is why I never became an author or journalist. lol

All the vendors are new except Laysons and Cudachick.

And I intend to add more.

I know I am sorry! I am not very good at articulating myself into words which is why I never became an author or journalist. lol

Not a problem whatsoever my friend. I understand completely. I only wanted you to better understand my motivations. I didnt think you were being mean or anything.

Just signed up to become a Gold Member ... The help I have received on electrical issues alone the past month is worth WAY more than the $35.. I'm happy and proud to support such an awesome forum .. Kudos to all you folks who keep it going, and to all you "gurus" who always help me out =D>

Thanks,

Kenny

I'm very new to the site, but I just came across my thread and just HAD to throw in my two cents here.

Let me start by saying I'm a web designer, and have created and run many forums & community sites over the last couple years. My current biggest forum sites are www.DezertDimes.com, a 450+ member blog & forum for building Chevy S10 & GMC Sonoma trucks in capable desert prerunners. I also run www.wakeboardSD.net, a couple hundred member San Diego wakeboarding community. I don't have experience running, managing, and administrating a 5000+ member site, but I have a good idea of what I'm talking about.

What many users of forums don't realize is the sheer amount of time, effort, and money in the form of computer hardware and resources it takes to run one of these sites, and I'm speaking from my experience of 450+ members, so I can only imagine it multiplies with members by the thousands. Many users of sites like these also are under the impression that the administrators are able to make a profit on advertising on these sites, but at least from my experience it is difficult just to break even on hosting & server costs, even with < 1000 members on a site. All this not to mention just moderating (not to mention Administrating!) a busy forum is practically a full time job.

I've been toying with offering a 'Gold Member' package on some of my sites, but haven't taken the plunge yet. I think it is an excellent idea, a great way to further the sense of community, and allow members to show appreciation for the site.

Just having been here a couple weeks and just by seeing how well the site is administrated & moderated, the friendly atmosphere and exchange of information, I am very impressed. My bottomline is that rather than asking for donations to keep the site running, the administrators here are trying to OFFER perks in exchange for your donations. I feel like the users who see that as an attempt to profit off of the site need to take a closer look at the responsibilities that running such a site entails. All users are still being offered FREE membership, and access to THOUSANDS of threads & posts of information. Keep in mind that 15 years ago, you would be paying to join a club to have a newsletter mailed to you, where you would have no input!

So, sorry about my rant. I just had to throw in my opinion.
Not trying to offend anybody that doesn't agree with my point of view,
I just get frustrated seeing people put in so much effort to provide something that some people just don't appreciate it. I know it's only a minority, but it is still frustrating!

Great job on the site here, great members, and great community, and I'm happy to have found it and a home for building up my 64 Cuda!

Evan

It's kind of like the worlds largest A-body referance library at your fingertips 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, no matter where you, are or what u need to know it's all here. I love it consider payment sent. And thank you all Keep up the great work

My bottomline is that rather than asking for donations to keep the site running, the administrators here are trying to OFFER perks in exchange for your donations. I feel like the users who see that as an attempt to profit off of the site need to take a closer look at the responsibilities that running such a site entails. All users are still being offered FREE membership, and access to THOUSANDS of threads & posts of information. Keep in mind that 15 years ago, you would be paying to join a club to have a newsletter mailed to you, where you would have no input!

Your absolutely right on. That was my thinking when I started the Gold Member thing. People were constantly (and generously) offering me donations and I just didnt feel right about accepting.

Sometimes people ask me why should they be a gold member. I tell them they should be a gold member only if they can afford it, and they feel as though they got $35 worth from the site. Then the discounts are a bonus for them.

Now in my mind, and I am a subscriber on other forums myself, If I save having to go to a mechanic and pay for 1 hour of labor, then I'm ahead of the game and I gladly subscribe. I wouldnt pay for every forum I am on as many of them are just short of useless. But I hope we have built a pretty good community here with alot of great info and people.

We have now added 34 more Gold Members since this thread was created!

Great site ....hope this helps, great bunch of guys and wishing you all the best of the season

Ed
From the great White North

Don't really know why I chose to read this thread today. I know the cost of running the site. But more has gone into this site than can be shown in a stack of receipts. Thanks to all.
The benefit from vendors (thanks, CudaChick1968.), the benefit from the FABO community (thanks, '74 Sport.), and the good exchanges I've had the forum participants make this a good value. I'm looking at it like a magazine subscription with interaction with the editors in reverse. I get the good stuff, now I pay.

Good evening folks :cheers: I just sent my Re-Up for gold member ship just 10 minutes ago:happy10:
Thank you all for helping keep this site going
And thank you Joeychgo :happy10: I think I was late getting my new dues in:-D Just a heads up for any members that are getting close to there yearly support for this great site :read2:

hey i know this is really off topic, but im a mopar young gun who is new to the site, can anyone please help me by showing me how to stat a post? i have questions, looking for items, and items for sale but im not sure how to post, if someone could send me a personal message helping me out that would be great! thanks Mopars Rule!

Joey,I am here & FBBO regularly,I am a "B" body guy but like to hang out at different places depending on my NY ATTITUDE:bootysha:.What kinda deal can I get for the "TRIPLE PLAY".That would be gold in FABO,FBBO & FEBO with some stickers to put my sheetbox8)

2009-04-25-1531-04.jpg

Joey,I am here & FBBO regularly,I am a "B" body guy but like to hang out at different places depending on my NY ATTITUDE:bootysha:.What kinda deal can I get for the "TRIPLE PLAY".That would be gold in FABO,FBBO & FEBO with some stickers to put my sheetbox8)

There is no triple play. The other 2 sites dont have gold memberhips yet.

How long does it take to show you our a gold member.
I sign up last week.
Thanks

Immediately unless you paid by electronic check, then it has to clear.

I'm relatively new here but I love this site. I almost feel guilty with the plethora of info I've gotten here for the paltry sum of 35 clams, almost! ;-)

Just re-upped .. I've been away a couple years obsessed over my SRT8 Charger, but have been bitten by the A bug again recently ..

Ken

I'm in, I visit at least twice a day, it works out to less than a dime a day, its a bargain for all the info available here

well i just stepped up to a gold member account, had to be a part of the kewlest a body sight going.......keep up the good work...
higgs

I just updated my membership to a Gold Membership.

Glad I could help with the cost of the hardware needed to support this great site.

Attachments

• 299516_1813228309165_1793770338_1214541_460617294_n.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 553
All right ya got me! Gold Member! It's worth every penny of info I have received. Now will someone find me a GK6 Gas Cap for my '73 Scamp! LOL

i up-ed my membership today. great site and it's well worth the small amount of money to help out.

I must say, I'm a Mopar fanatic, I love the Hemi's, and got to say, with owning a few over the years (the wife, has a *GULP* Buick LaSabre. decent everyday car, BUT muscle, it is, but still my ole Dodge would walk over it anyday and then the motor in my truck, wouldn't fit in ANY part of that car so... but, that's OK. I'm the Mopar nut so........

I lurked for well..........I'll say 4 months or better, before I joined......Started out with a picture of some girl that was standing by an awesomely done Hemi motor, and began following that thread, 600 + pages worth. and I got to 400 (EXACTLY) and said to hell with it, I own a Dodge, I'm joining.....I also enjoy modeling the muscle cars too so.......Among other crazy projects, that are "Mopar Related"....

So, I guess this is it....... Question, ? I would like to become a Gold Member, and see its $35.00, is that a year? (I've seen other sites with CRAZY monthly fees that I just can't afford, as it takes from my other hobbies but this is something different, the cars are AWESOME! (needless to say, I got a lot of reading materials!!!!)

Someone let me know if that's right, $35.00 for the year!?

Yes its $35 per year for a Gold Membership.It last exactly 1 year from the day you send money via PayPal.Welcome and enjoy the site.

-
Back