Before Rallye's and after Rallye's

-

FURY440

Reaction score
Picked up a set of factory Rallye's over the weekend for my 66 from a really cool guy that drove over an hour to meet me half way. It was a really nice day here in Jersey, so I figured I would take the car to the lake and snap some pictures. Im really happy how the car transformed with a change of wheels and tires and some cleaning. Before and after.....
IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

I think it transforms your car from a very clean grocery getter to a performance car. Very nice choice!!

Really transformed that that little buggy.
Something wrong with the drivers side ?
What size tires are you running ?

Really transformed that that little buggy.
Something wrong with the drivers side ?
What size tires are you running ?

Driver side is good :) If I would have taken pics from that side,.there would have been a highway in the background.

Tire sizes are 195/75/14 front and 245/60/14 in the rear.

Driver side is good :) If I would have taken pics from that side,.there would have been a highway in the background.

Cool deal...Again, looks Great.

I'm not a ralley wheel fan but it's certainly better than the full hub caps. She looks good.

Totally different looking car nice job :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone. It has a long way to go, but I'm liking it alot. Car even drives nice going down the road!! No rattles and smooth riding. Can't wait for the summer already.
Thanks again...!!!

Interesting on the tire size. Any issues with rubbing with the back tires - those are pretty wide (for a stock abody)

The change does change the look of the car - a little more aggressive. Looks great

Interesting on the tire size. Any issues with rubbing with the back tires - those are pretty wide (for a stock abody)

The change does change the look of the car - a little more aggressive. Looks great

Thank you. No issue with the rear tires rubbing. I didn't measure, but looks like I have about an inch to inch an 1/4 from the springs and about an inch on the outside. It's a nice size tire for this car.

Last edited:
Fills the wells nicely. I bet it helps smooth out the bumps better too. And if your gonna leave a streak it might as well be a wide one.

Thank you. I had a 71 Dart with Dog Dish's on it and I liked it a lot. They are cool too.

Rallyes are timeless. They look great. Makes your Valiant look even better. BTW i lived in New Jersey a long time ago. Left 22 years ago for Texas. My folks are still there. They now live near Lakehurst naval air station. Heres a joke you will get.

Hey, you live in New Jersey?

Yes i do

Oh really, what exit?

Mine was exit #154 off the GSP. Clifton. Spent most of my time running with my friends around clifton, garrett mountain, wayne, elmwood park areas. Good times man good times.

-
Back