best engine to build!!!!!

-
Anyone who would "bash" someone for building a 318 isn't a Mopar guy, but an insecure wuss, or a brand x lover. Either way, her opinion is irrelevant.

AFR makes MoPar heads? Since when?

To top the 500 HP mark out of the posted build, try a larger carb. 750 cfm could go up 50 more cfm on a build like that. But you'll never notice the 5hp. At this point, it's just a braggers right.

The above mention of a stock Big Block would intale a good running solid engine and one of a good year. Not a low comp. smogger.

Not afr lol I meant rhs heads

my 318 has about 4,000 miles on it i rebuilt it myself and all planned by me its a good running motor and sounds good to but it was my first engine i built and after learning and makig mistakes i wanna build a 360 but i was asking in general what would YOU guys build.

i have some guys bashing on me saying im not a mopar guy and who would build a 318 etc mostly bb guys and i love my 318 but ive always wanted to go bigger this was just the beginning of my car hobby.....

so what i plan to do is build a ultimate 360 that would scare people including me lol..... and yes all work is done by me exept machie work of course
I like everything you're saying here. If $$ is a major concern I would consider 1 thing. What would it cost to get a 360 done and be quick enough to blow those haters doors off??? Versus...Expanding upon your 318 and being able to blow their doors off or simply just beat them in an 1/8th or 1/4 mile. That's why I was asking how fresh your 318 was. It sounds to me like you could make them eat their words with what you got under the hood right now. There are 318's running in the 9's. I don't know how many passes they can do between rebuilds but it can be done. However, You may just be wanting a 360 and the coolness factor that goes with it. I'm just trying to say that "financially" it may make more sense to expand on what you got. Only an ignorant person would bash a great engine like a 318. Mine is scary fast.

Want something to run, put the best working head you can afford on it. Whether that stock iron, rhs, eddy, indy or something else.

It might surprise some people what kind of gains you can get going from a 750 to a 950hp carb.

I like everything you're saying here. If $$ is a major concern I would consider 1 thing. What would it cost to get a 360 done and be quick enough to blow those haters doors off??? Versus...Expanding upon your 318 and being able to blow their doors off or simply just beat them in an 1/8th or 1/4 mile. That's why I was asking how fresh your 318 was. It sounds to me like you could make them eat their words with what you got under the hood right now. There are 318's running in the 9's. I don't know how many passes they can do between rebuilds but it can be done. However, You may just be wanting a 360 and the coolness factor that goes with it. I'm just trying to say that "financially" it may make more sense to expand on what you got. Only an ignorant person would bash a great engine like a 318. Mine is scary fast.

True when I'm done with the top end in a couple months new swirl port heads larger valves, comp xe268 cam, 650 dp carb, and a eddy air gap I should hit somewhere in the 13s which is Kool.... I like the vid someone posted with a single turbo 318 doing a 10 second pass now that is something to think about

dont be so eager to get rid of what you have.from what i saw it was a decent combo and a good runner,and there is more to be had out of it if you want.who cares if others dont like your "little 318"....and the only one has has to like my set up is me.

I started the thread just for a general idea of what engine would be good to build...

I have no intention to get rid of mine I'm gonna stick it out and see what I could do with it

True when I'm done with the top end in a couple months new swirl port heads larger valves, comp xe268 cam, 650 dp carb, and a eddy air gap I should hit somewhere in the 13s which is Kool.... I like the vid someone posted with a single turbo 318 doing a 10 second pass now that is something to think about
I'm glad you understood what I was saying. You have plenty of time to decide and now hopefully have more ideas/options. There's always gonna be a faster car out there but it's nice to blow the doors off of a loudmouth mopar SB basher. :glasses7: Of course, I'm not recommending street racing.

Easiest way to make gobs of power without spending lots is to always start with the most cid you can get. For a sb,I'd go 360 and for the bb a 440. Both would fit the bill of easiest and cheapest. Not necesarily the most power,allthough they can make tons. BUT there are strokers with much more potential.

Least complicated is to use mostly factory parts as this will require the least modification

Ie; I'd use hydraulic cams,stock rods and hyper pistons.Or a solid cam.

Adding a bit of pressure to what you have now is pricey but worth it I think. More carb?
Crackedback makes a good point. I also agree with 340 8bbl. the combo looks good. Beefing up what you have is cost effective. You may be cubicly challenged vs the world, but this you know and knowing is half the battle (G.I. Joe cartoon???) but since you know.......... ah, getto work, make it sing a death tone.

Lol thanks guys so now my goals are to mess with the teen and get a good combo going then later down the road a 360 will be built......

Idk if I want to add a power adders yet but it sure sounds like fun

bring-out-your-dead-gif.gif

I agree with Rusty. Slant 6 or a couple of turbos on a LS. Everybody knows a LS with a couple of turbos is worth 1000 HP. Just remember that a shiny valve cover adds 10 HP, guaranteed.

The LS is probably the best way to go for the most performance for the investment. A lot of guys are putting them in their street rods and hot rods for their low cost, high reliability and power output.

The LS is probably the best way to go for the most performance for the investment. A lot of guys are putting them in their street rods and hot rods for their low cost, high reliability and power output.

Head over there then... LS1Tech.com

revive an 11 year old thread. Well done! LOL

-
Back