Best Weber Progressive 2 barrel

Discussion in 'Slant 6 Engines' started by RustyRatRod, Jan 7, 2019.

1. 318willrun

318willrun Stomper 4x4... we kept energizer in business

Local Time:
    1:58 AM
    Sorry, no weber knowledge.... but..
    For a cheap upgrade to make a 225 slant wake up, cut the head .100 and add the super six (2bbl intake and carb). There are 2 outlet sizes on the exhaust manifolds (that I found). Use the larger (2" ??) and run a 2 1/4 exhaust pipe off of that.

Done this twice and man what a difference.

2. kowalski440

kowalski440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    Offy made a 2 x 1 bbl...not sure on 2 x 2 bbl.
    Awhile back I had the idea of taking an aluminum intake, blocking the carb entrance off, then opening the side up and somehow mounting an EFI throttle body (junkyard donor, anything common) there. This would eliminate the 90* turn, and convert the intake to direct port style EFI (after welding in bungs,etc.). Haven't followed up on it any further, though.

3. Slantsix64

Slantsix64 Well-Known Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    32/36 Weber would be best, ran one on my slant six, when it would idle you couldnt even tell it was on. Idling around 350-400 Rpm. Since your using an early a body 63-66 it is very easy to adapt to the stock rod linkage. due to the way it mounts. on a 170 would run great.

Edelbrocks are good right out the box but not set up for a slant. If you plan to use an edelbrock 500cfm carb Use 0.83 Jets 058x052 metering rods, and .077 Secondaries.

Holley 390's Run lean on a slant 225 with stock Calibration on a 170 might be just right.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Slantsix64

Slantsix64 Well-Known Member

View My Photos
      Local Time:
      Rusty if you run a super six intake you can have a clean set up using an early a body gas pedal set up, you just have to drill a couple holes but they are already there for you. 64-66 v eight cars or slant six cars with factory air. Using the later gas pedals is a bitch because of the difference in floor pans you will not be able to give full throttle with out hitting the floor first.

• jas0162

jas0162 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Just get it running the way it is first then throw a 2bbl on it later after you gather all your parts. I doubt you notice much difference without other mods. I spent time and money on a leaning tower once and was unimpressed with the performance. I’m glad I did it and had a lot of fun but If I do it again it will be with a turbo. I used a bbd and it ran great, As far as single barrel carbs go I liked the bbs better than the Holley. I always wanted to try a dual bbs setup

• RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod Just another dumbass. FABO Gold Member

View My Photos
      Local Time:
      2:58 AM
      I am not going to mod the 170 at all. The two barrel is for the 225 I plan to build and swap in at a later date.

• 69a100

69a100 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      11:58 PM
      The only reason I choose a Weber is because the throttles work the same as the 1 bbl.'s. On a A100 van I had to use what worked best for the conversion and keep it simple. So a couple of fabbed up brackets and I'm using a "Go-Kart" cable. You gotta use what works!

• Like Like x 1
      • Killer6

Killer6 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Yes, the newest Cliffy offerings are 2 X 2bbl. progressives just as being discussed, they claim it's the best performing setup they've done.