Beware of dealing with Mark Nixon

-
here is the last time Mark was here:
Last Activity: 01-16-2010 09:48 PM

I can only hope he does the right thing and pay me what he owes me,
just be careful dealing with him......

my birthday is in 3 days maybe he will send it to me then:eek:ccasion:

I feel like this with this deal. ](*,)

Just because you have a title in your name does not allow you to reneg on the payment of the vehicle.

It does in CT, seen in in court too.

You can say what you like but I have actually seen it in person.

Once you sign the title over your done.

Y'all need to stop bickering over whether the emails will constitute proof of a debt. This would be state law and could (and most likely does) differ from state to state. Just like our car titles - or lack of.
C
Not a lawyer... but a quick call to an attorney in your neighborhood will find the answer good for your state.

I remember the bad deals posted about Mark Nixon a couple yrs. back and noticed he popped back up here a few months back. Was hoping he straightened things out. Apparently not by jacking a friend who took somebody that treated him like you did. Shame on him.

I always have a hard time understanding why,when you do a friend(or anybody in general)a favor,help them out,feed,cloth them.Then to be treated like your a nobody?I guess some people are just raised with no morals?I,ve been there,done that.I guess it,s just in the way we were raised.Do unto others as you would want done to you.Right?Ron,by the looks of things(and time gone by)it doesn,t look like he,s gonna come clean with your deal,cash?Thanks for the heads up,I almost sent him money for a rad awhile back and backed out at the last minute(shipping was to much)I probably would,ve never seen the rad.Good luck getting paid.I would take it as a loss and not lose sleep over it.You,ll run into him one day!:angry7:

Sorry mark boned you dude. You should post on moparts where he lurks alot.

i have known about this debt and make sure to post every chance i get when mark posts here. he doesnt post on moparts because he got kicked out of there for shady deals. when i started coming here more i was actually surprised to see him posting and having almost a little fan club, quite the opposite to moparts for sure.

he will post on here how its not his fault and have you guys try and feel sorry for him. please dont. a thief is a thief and what makes it especially worse is he took advantage of a friends hospitality and kindness. to me thats worse than a stranger breaking into your house.

I went through the same thing with a friend of my wife.
I loaned her $2500.00 then some how she forgot about
it. I typed up an agreement and she signed it. Still no
money. I then sent her an e-mail telling her that I was
going to file a complaint with the district justice. All of
a sudden she is paying off her debt. Sometimes you say
judge and it brings people around.

Also, e-mails can be used in a court of law. At least in PA.
and CO.
My friend, who worked with me as police officers, bought
a set of pistons from a guy in CO. he paid for them through
e-bay by sending the guy a money order. Never received
the pistons. We back tracked his trail and found out his
address. Contacted the local sheriff's dept. and had him
arrested. Everybody has an IP address. trace it back,
making hard copies. This will prove that he sent the e-mails.
Contact the local police or sheriff dept's and see if they
had dealings with this guy. File a complaint with them.
The money you're dealing with here may be a felony.
Which will put his *** in jail.
Just my thought.

Dart swinger,

Showing up at his door may be considered harassment.
One thing may lead to another. Then he would get in
trouble. It may lead to simple assault, depending how
tempers are at the moment. Believe me, I've seen a
lot of this as a cop. Do it the legal way. Way would
anybody want to ruin their good name over an asshole?

Just find him and beat it out of him, with interest of course :munky2:

One thing most of you are missing is that Ron and Mark do not live anywhere near each other. Ron is in California and Mark is in Nebraska (as I recall). No normal remedy will solve this other than Mark paying his debt.

I did some back tracking and found his address, town and
phone. His middle initial is E.
Also found the number of the sheriff's office 1-800-233-7026.
Depending where this deal took place (I'm assuming CA) is
where the charges will be filed. Ron should call the sheriff's
dept. and find if they had dealings with this guy in the past.
File the charges in CA and get a hearing date. If he does not
show up they will put a warrant out for his arrest.

Wow! I've Known Mark For Along Time Through My Buddy And His, Buddy Jeff Dory,but I Never Heard Of Him Doing This Kinda Thing! All You Can Do Now Is Spend The $50 Or Whatever It Takes To Set The Ball Rolling In Small Claims, And See What Happens. Good Luck!

Some people you just cant figure out. I did something similiar to this with what i assumed was a friend. Didn't cost me any cash out of my pocket but a lot of supplies. I let a guy use my shop as needed and continuous on several occasions for a 4 or 5 yr period. I'd furnish all elec, air, floor dry, paper towels and a lot more for some pretty extensive projects. No "Hey heres $20 to help out on things". I ended that relationship and guess what? I'm an asshole. When i'm someplace and he's pulling in, then all of a sudden he sees my rig setting there, he pulls out and continues on. He cant do the face to face thing. Some blame it on his wife/girlfriend. It's great to have balls but it's better to have em and own em too. If YOU read this just let me say this. I dont hate you. I'm better than that. Stop by and give me your take on it. Leave the old lady at home. There are still some parts to your car here. They belong to you. Rant over.
Small Block

A judgement is made in a civil matter by preponderance of the evidence.

preponderance of the evidence n. the greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. Thus, one clearly knowledgeable witness may provide a preponderance of evidence over a dozen witnesses with hazy testimony, or a signed agreement with definite terms may outweigh opinions or speculation about what the parties intended. Preponderance of the evidence is required in a civil case and is contrasted with "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the more severe test of evidence required to convict in a criminal trial. No matter what the definition stated in various legal opinions, the meaning is somewhat subjective.

John D. Beckerley
Austin Texas

fishthatkills, you have verbal diarrhea

fisher price your statement down for us common folk.

A judgement is made in a civil matter by preponderance of the evidence.

preponderance of the evidence n. the greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. Thus, one clearly knowledgeable witness may provide a preponderance of evidence over a dozen witnesses with hazy testimony, or a signed agreement with definite terms may outweigh opinions or speculation about what the parties intended. Preponderance of the evidence is required in a civil case and is contrasted with "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the more severe test of evidence required to convict in a criminal trial. No matter what the definition stated in various legal opinions, the meaning is somewhat subjective.

John D. Beckerley
Austin Texas

what a shame i thought he was a good guy i needed a radio for my dart and he had one even held it for 2 weeks until i sent the money , maybe he can only handle deals worth up to 20 to 25 bucks?
goodluck ron
something happened too me a long time ago i had a 68 dart and a 72 monte carlo and wanted to get my dart painted there were some guys across the street that painted cars and etc so i struck a deal with them to do my dart 700 bucks for materials and the monte first couple of weeks they striped my dart sanded down to bare metal then left it sitting outside for a month didnt even bother getting incontact with me or anything i even watched him sitting on his couch as i knocked on his door with my mom blaring the horn from her car atleast i got my dart back i'll never sign over a title again until im happy with a deal aswell, acouple of years later saw his brother at a local bar and he asked me if there was anything else he and his family could paint for me in a sarcastic manner, i told him he could go F... himself and his family aswell

I know I am screwed with this deal , It was a verbal agreement that I thought was good as our word, and I know the only way I will get my money is for Mark to get his moral compass pointing in the right direction and do the right thing and honor his deal with me and send my $1300.00

I wish I kept that truck as I have a use for one now,

Like I said earlier, I can't believe he would treat me this way after all I did for him.

Just beware of dealing with him, I would hate to see anyone else get taken advantage by him. Ron...

-
Back