BEWARE OF ESPO SPRINGS

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
They make mistakes . I had the same thing happen to me. Ordered stock height for a 65 valiant and the car ended up sitting 2 inches high . I called Laura and she blamed it on my shocks and refused to do anything about it. I bought another set elseware and ended up selling the first set to a friend who installed them on his 71 dart which then sat 2 inches high which is what he wanted.
I totally agree that mistakes happened , but in this case they feel nothing is wrong and want me to pay for the fix . I think the early on post in this thread of the Barracuda with the same springs that I have shows how this spring is varys greatly in ride height . I appreciate everyones opinions and suggestions but in the end im not feeling the love from ESPO springs . I have done springs on 25 or more mopar muscle cars and have never had a set that sat like this , they just don't work for me . If everyone likes them then by all means ESPO is for you . Not me

This whole thread has been like pin the tail on the donkey. Everyone's blindfolded, and after being spun around you're supposed to hit a target. When you pose a question to find a resolve to a problem its necessary to provide All of the information up front so that it can be brainstormed. It's no wonder you're chasing your tail and you brought us into the vortex.

So maybe this would help. Is there a reason you want the back of the car jacked way up? You seem really particular about the front end being set to factory settings, but you seem to want the back jacked up 4-5 inches. There's a reason ESPO doesn't do +4 or 5 springs because it really messes with the handling to the point that they don't want to be liable for the resulting wreck. The reason I'm trying to help figure out this is because I've been using ESPO springs for 20 years and have +2 6 leaf springs on all 3 of my 1970 Darts and they all look just like the photo you posted of your Dart, 2 inches over stock.
OK so something in your post made me go look at my springs and you may have just solved the mystery here , you said your 2 plus springs had 6 leafs , the springs I have are 5 leafs. Again right from the start I questioned if I had the right spring and Laura absolutely insured me my springs were plus 2 , and were the right spring . So I think I now know why the car sits like does .

If your aren't happy with the ESPO springs, order another set from another supplier like Super Stock springs from Jeg's, Amazon, or Summit or the extra heavy duty springs & sell the ESPO springs to someone else. It's obvious that you are unhappy with what you purchased & everyone here has stated their case about their results. I have no dog in this race, as I run a coil over suspension as of now, but have run Mopar Super Stock springs in the past. I'm not trying to stir the pot or take any sides, but the only way you will be happy with the stance of your car is to purchase something else.

Frankly I don’t see a problem. None of my cars ever sat that high on the rear. Ur looking for a problem that is t there. Kim

Last edited:
If your aren't happy with the ESPO springs, order another set from another supplier like Super Stock springs from Jeg's, Amazon, or Summit or the extra heavy duty springs & sell the ESPO springs to someone else. It's obvious that you are unhappy with what you purchased & everyone here has stated their case about their results. I have no dog in this race, as I run a coil over suspension as of now, but have run Mopar Super Stock springs in the past. I'm not trying to stir the pot or take any sides, but the only way you will be happy with the stance of your car is to purchase something else.
If you go super stock spring just know if you get a matching set 002 and 003 one side sits higher than the other. Unless you buy two 002 or two 003 which defeats the purpose of the springs.

If you go super stock spring just know if you get a matching set 002 and 003 one side sits higher than the other. Unless you buy two 002 or two 003 which defeats the purpose of the springs.
VERY FAMILIAR WITH SS SPRINGS ,

4 pages and he hasn’t posted a pic. He won’t cause he knows we’re right. He does have the right 1s. That tells us right there that he is not happy with them. Kim

4 pages and he hasn’t posted a pic. He won’t cause he knows we’re right. He does have the right 1s. That tells us right there that he is not happy with them. Kim

I think he just wants free springs.

Here is a pic with + 2 springs installed , wheel well measurement is 20 1/4

dart 1.png

Factory spec for what,a 60s gasser. Do you have bigger torsion bars upfront. Did you set them drive around and remeasure?
set using the shop manual , using the two measuring points and the 2 inch fact spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back