Birth of a 1970 Dart Convertible

-
Started working on trunk and interior area.
Jim

Attachments

• SAM_0410.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,091
  • SAM_0411.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,004
  • SAM_0412.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,002
  • SAM_0413.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,081
I'm thinking of getting some more coating I sprayed the underbody with and do the trunk, they make in tintable. The trunk seams like the first place to get all beat up. It costs about $ 100 a gallon. Does anybody know why mopar used so much seam sealer? Was it to cover the welds? There was alot of sharp spot welds that I have cleaned up. Sorry no pictures today. Thanks for all the good coments......:glasses7:
Jim

Awesome!

attachment.php

Been waiting on some primer, so I have had my steering column tore apart for some time. Here are some pictures.

Jim

Attachments

• SAM_0422.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 931
  • SAM_0421.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 953
  • SAM_0420 (1).jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 955
still nursing arm. start therapy on Friday. My youngest has a bronco II in the other bay. I guess I got to give him a boot to get it done. I don't have alot of money to spend right now but there is lots of small stuff to get cleaned and painted. I know that I have been slacking big time. Sorry.
Jim

No biggie. I just dug the thread out because I enjoyed reading about your car, and admired the work you have done to it. :prayer: I can certainly understand being underfunded.....I'm there at the moment too! Hope the therapy goes good, and that you get well soon.

I ask for a gas tank for Christmas and got some money for it. I looked through some websites. Layson's there tank is $149 and sending unit is $79. This is what they say.
These Reproduction Fuel Tanks are high quality Ni-Tern LT35 steel and are leak tested twice underwater to assure flawless performance. Each Tank is assembled on a low-scratch assembly line, wrapped in plastic foam, shrink-wrapped and then boxed in heavy-gauge corrugated cardboard so they arrive in great shape. Each tank includes a New Lock Ring Set with Gasket!!
PLEASE KNOW – THESE ARE NOT THE CHEAP CHINESE JUNK ALSO ON THE MARKET FOR HALF THE PRICE…OTHER RETAILERS ARE SELLING THEM AND THEY ARE NOT THE SAME QUALITY - FIT ISSUES, MADE OF CHEAP STEEL THAT WILL RUST INSIDE AND OUTSIDE UNLIKE THE Ni-Tern LT35 TANKS THAT WE SELL THAT WILL NOT RUST – PERIOD! THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE…WE CAN SUPPLY THE CHEAPER CHINA PIECES IF YOU ARE REALLY GUN HO ABOUT GETTING ONE, BUT WE WILL NOT WARRANTY THEM…

Have any of you guy's bought anything from these guy's?
Thanks

Jim

I have not bought from them myself, but I have talked to others that have and their experience was not good. They took the money and a VERY VERY LONG TIME to FINALLY deliver.
Get my drift?
I found this two alternatives for you.

http://www.carparts.com/details/Dod...701062158879&gclid=CMmgp56o1LsCFQaUfgodin0A6g

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-gas-fuel-tank-dodge-dart-valiant-swinger-1968-1969-/161180090176?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item258714ff40"]New Gas Fuel Tank Dodge Dart Valiant Swinger 1968 1969 | eBay[/ame]

what an AWESOME thread!
great Job you are doing!
i can't wait to see you get to the finish line with this project!

I thought that i would clean up my 833 and paint it. I took it a part and found a snap ring broke and a few worn parts.
Jim

Attachments

• SAM_0522.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 763
  • SAM_0519.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 690
  • SAM_0520.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 696
  • SAM_0514.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 701
  • SAM_0515.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 706
  • SAM_0516.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 740
One key area to look at when working on the A833's is the sharpness of the teeth that the slider engages to the gear. both the inside tips on the slider collar and the teeth on the gear should be good otherwise it will jump out of gear.

Absolutely fantastic..hope you havent wore yourself out on this project,cant wait to see more,always wanted to do this to my 71 but would take me 20 yrs and lots of $$$...I tip my hat to ya,not many could do this or make it look and work good...

I'm still working on it. I just got all the parts for the trans. I looked at it today.............. I need a whole day to put it all back together. Thanks for asking.
Jim

I agree , Mother Mopar should have made 70 A body convertibles , these cars look really nice

Your doing an amazing job.I love seeing the amazing builds on this site and your build is at the top of the list to watch as far as undertaking such a big transformation

-
Back