Birth of the Blue Missile

-
Tincup,
wiring what? Which seats?
The seats do break up the length of the console, there is at most 6" of leg room between the front and rear seats. When all is said and done you will see very little of the console.
Oh by the way, that module of switches for the console that I was quoted $330 for a couple of years ago, turned into a $3770 quote last week.:angry7:
I got an even higher one after that.:angry3::angry3::angry3:
Ill get some similar switches from digikey and build the module myself as always.
Andrew

Don't you have the cadillac CTS-V power/heated seats?

TC- yes sort of. All of that electric/power stuff was stripped out in order to make the seats fit in the back. The pile of parts weighed 56 pounds!

Hemi Mark- you are quite correct and here is the pic.

Now to the current work. I have decided to delete the taillight bezels. Im in the middle of the process, it just got too hot to finish today.
The bolts are called elevator bolts.
The last pic is of the exposed gasket, I have to put a filler plate there, I cant leave it as is.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo378.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 675
  • Photo374.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 674
  • Photo375.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 672
  • Photo372.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 660
  • Photo376.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 658
  • Photo377.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 667
Here is the end result of the taillight mods. I made pieces of sheet metal to take up the slack and cover the gasket. welded them in and used Metal to Metal and primer over that. I then cleaned up the lenses and sprayed them with a "smoke" spray for lenses. I think it looks nice and clean. I'm also going after a couple of new lenses for them.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo382.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 653
  • Photo381.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 665
  • Photo380.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 659
  • Photo379.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 663
whats the brackets on the rear bumper for?...some whup antennas!

Actually yes. I cant wait to do some serious Whupin.
So what do you think of the Mod? This leaves the roof as the only unmolested piecs of sheet metal on the car.
Andrew

I think I've seen it done before on other posts...I like the mod...kinda "hotrods" up that 73 and newer tailpanel

so what are you gonna do to the roof?

I like the taillight look, and I like the panel under the bumper with the exhaust holes as well.

keep up the good work.
Maybe you should do something to the roof. Don't want people to think that you got tired of doing work on the car. LOL

Those seat brackets are the ones that came when you bought them? Mine suck, I need some better ones

HD & T-Grainger
I was thinking there really should be a blow off panel for the ejection seat :glasses5:
Andrew

A quick update,
Im in the middle of taking all the interior panels and sanding and gloss coating them with epoxy, in preparation for the matte urethane arriving that I ordered today. I also vacuum bagged a second layer on the door handles and gloss coated them as well.
On the electronics front I got the "ruggedtized" keyboard for the computer and got it mounted to the glove compartment door. It is sealed and backlit blue, looks very cool when powered up.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo391.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 599
  • Photo392.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 585
HD & T-Grainger
I was thinking there really should be a blow off panel for the ejection seat :glasses5:
Andrew

Now that is funny, I could use something like that for my Meanagers.

I like the look of that door panel.
Remember no texting and driving make sure to have the emergency brake safety switch hooked up to the computer. LOL

Looking good Andrew, keep up the hard work. It's been 105 outside everyday I try to work on the Dart and I'm sure it's just as hot at your place.

Scott,
I dont know what you are talking about, its balmy 75 deg here,I keep saying that over and over:glasses2:
In the mean time thanks for the kudos. I have a friend who said "it seems you are having so much fun building your car". I actually had to explain to him there is no fun until you turn the key and it fires up!
In the mean time, I had purchased an axillary fuse panel for a crown vic off E bay for the car it had 19 circuits and a couple of relays, but I cant find the missing connectors to put power into the thing. I was at a parts yard on 71 and looked through twenty or so crown vic police cars with no success. But the main fuse blocks for those cars were huge, so, I got one of those. It has 34 circuits and 7 relays.
more than enough for this build.
I took the back off and wires exploded everywhere:grommit:
Andrew
PS thanks for recognizing the hard work.

Attachments

• Photo394.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 558
  • Photo393.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 551
mmmm pasta.

I love the tails. so much better than before. instead of buying new lenses have you thought of filing down the lip on the old ones and polishing them smooth?

Scott,
I dont know what you are talking about, its balmy 75 deg here,I keep saying that over and over:glasses2:
In the mean time thanks for the kudos. I have a friend who said "it seems you are having so much fun building your car". I actually had to explain to him there is no fun until you turn the key and it fires up!
In the mean time, I had purchased an axillary fuse panel for a crown vic off E bay for the car it had 19 circuits and a couple of relays, but I cant find the missing connectors to put power into the thing. I was at a parts yard on 71 and looked through twenty or so crown vic police cars with no success. But the main fuse blocks for those cars were huge, so, I got one of those. It has 34 circuits and 7 relays.
more than enough for this build.
I took the back off and wires exploded everywhere:grommit:
Andrew
PS thanks for recognizing the hard work.

Don't show that to the boys at NASA or they will kidnapping you to straighten their shuttle programs.

A quick update,
Im in the middle of taking all the interior panels and sanding and gloss coating them with epoxy, in preparation for the matte urethane arriving that I ordered today. I also vacuum bagged a second layer on the door handles and gloss coated them as well.
On the electronics front I got the "ruggedtized" keyboard for the computer and got it mounted to the glove compartment door. It is sealed and backlit blue, looks very cool when powered up.
Andrew

Perhaps I missed the post, but is that a camera in the pass door mirror?

No TG,
thats a passenger side mirror from which the glass fell out and promptly broke :angry7:
Andrew

Quick update:
1.75" mandrel tubing bender ordered, tubing notcher purchased, waiting on the quote for the tubing so I can go get it and off to roll-cage land.
Andrew

The tubing bender arrived, and is quite easy to use. The notcher is now mounted on the drill press via a 3/8" plate, and because its from harbor freight it needed to be tweaked to center the cutter on the clamping arrangement. I found a source for the 1020 tubing, and will pick that up along with a magic planet cooler and shade generator for the weekend.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo400.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 479
  • Photo401.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 468
  • Photo399.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 478
  • Photo398.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 470
  • Photo402.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 478
Andrew, To bad you were not a little closer I could use some tubing bent and that looks like a nice bender to use.

Boy it is really hot up here in Grand Prairie I could use a shade generator about right now, and I am sure my outside plants would like it as well.. LOL

T,
I considered all the options for a roll cage and doing it myself was the only practical one. I even considered having the car towed to a shop for me work on and that didnt work out.The bender is from affordable benders.com and was only $299. They sell on Ebay.The notcher was $45 at HF
Andrew

-
Back