Birth of the Blue Missile

-
Thanks guys,
I wish I could get the camera to take a non fuzzy picture. The clarity of these gauges is startling.
Andrew

Here is a better pic, but still not like being here.
Andrew

Attachments

• DSC00380.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 759
Car looks great Blue Missile. I'm in Austin too. My Dart is almost finished, maybe when yours is done we can meet up at the cruise night at Cabela's in Kyle.

Just a quick update on the small amount of progress.
I have spent way too many days on trying to put together a digital keypad for the car.I have successfully toasted the circuits out of two digital safes, to no avail.
So I turned my attention to the body work. I got the drivers side front fender and eyebrow over the wheel opening done and am almost complete with the other side.
I also pulled the dash and finished the metal work and fitting of the AC vents and the digital panel. I also built the speaker mount for two 4" driver to replace the single factory speaker.
I am happy to say the defrost vents do clear the backs of the gauges and the heads up display for the radar detector.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo318.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 707
  • Photo320.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 714
  • Photo321.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 692
  • Photo323.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 713
  • Photo322.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 716
  • Photo319.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 720
  • Photo325.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 720
Wow! That dash looks amazing! I like how your vents sit, very different from the normal horizontal positioning 8)

TT,
The vents were set up that way for needed space. The space between the two to the right is where the 8" touch screen goes.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo326.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 675
OTR
Thanks for the kudos
eventually I would like to put together a MoPar shop.
Its the sort of thing I dont want to rush into.
Andrew

OTR
Thanks for the kudos
eventually I would like to put together a MoPar shop.
Its the sort of thing I dont want to rush into.
Andrew

With the quality of your build I know you will be able to start one.

I spent some up close and personal time with the steering column to set up for the wiring harness. we are ready to go with everything identified.
I wont be using the Audio controls for the system. I will be using one of the audio switches on the wheel as a push to talk switch for the head worn mic.
Other than that I discovered the "clock spring" behind the wheel that transfers all of the controls was broken by me months ago. Lesson well learned. I will go to a pick and pull and get one.

Attachments

• Photo327.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 697
holy cow Andrew...we should call you "sparky"...does NASA know about you?...maybe if they did they could get the shuttle off the pad....on time... once in a while

Well I finally overcame the obstacles with the digital PIN pad.
Here is the video of the bread-boarded setup.
The pad has its own PIN completion timer and the car has two timers.
The first gives you a set amount of time, from when you sit in either of the seats, to put the key in and turn it to the on position, then a set amount of time to complete the PIN.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBluemissile?feature=mhum

The failure to complete either in the correct order or allotted time will result in a very unpleasant experience:glasses4::glasses4::glasses4:
Andrew

The failure to complete either in the correct order or allotted time will result in a very unpleasant experience:glasses4::glasses4::glasses4:
Andrew

Cool set-up. Please do tell what is, or will be, the "very unpleasant experience" you describe ?

A quick update:
I have been spending way too much time putting on and taking off aluminum based body filler.
But the results are starting to pay off.Here is a before and after of the drivers side handle. It really finished flush with the door skin.
I have also received the tranny shift computer and the new Hurst pro shifter. It looks like the shifter will have to be cut down radically in height.
More later
Andrew

Attachments

• handel installed.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 625
  • Photo340.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 618
Its just a different style of door lock,an English product that you cant just stick a offset screwdriver in and spin out the old lock.
Because of the handle swap the old lock location was absorbed by the change.
I figure why not.
Andrew

-
Back