Birth of the Blue Missile

-
Here are a few more pics:
first another view of the front assembled.
second, Denny just for you a hint of what is to come
Third I finally finished the rear console/sub woofer with trim and the speaker cloth,
and finally I got everything cleaned up enough to vacuum bag the head liner. Ill post pics of the test fit on Monday.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo481.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 754
  • Photo479.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 758
  • Photo480.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 750
  • Photo482.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 761
never a dissapointment tuning in Marty...I mean Andrew

I'm surprised...you never even commented on my "Missile" shadow graphics??....I'm kinda hurt....don't you care anymore?

Just a quick update.after al of the work I put into the head liner, it would not go back in past the front bars of the roll cage and I broke it in half trying. So... I got more HIPS and built another with a few changes that will allow it to be installed. Ill bag it today and get it in place by this weekend.
While I have you guys here PLEASE pray for our brothers in Bastrop, a number of them in the classic club have lost everything including their cars and businesses.
Andrew

This is one of those projects I actually dont have construction pics as I went. I took a second grill and cut out the old turn signals and used the centersection from the second grill to fill in the missing pieces. The turn signals are each made out of two LED strips i got off of Ebay for a couple of bucks each. I had to strip the strips of their protective coating of cast plastic and recombine them with new cast plastic so the two fit next to each other top and bottom in the .375" space between the horizontal pieces of the grill.
Andrew

There's a guy on the impala forum that I'm a part of who did something like this as well. His friend made him a module for his LEDs that are on his car for flashing and stuff. I'm pretty sure he actually put this on.

http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/ekm_1190/?action=view&current=BlinkBlink-1.mp4

What does that look like???

new headliner is built and installed.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo486.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 706
  • Photo484.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 704
Hey Andrew, been away a bit....nice to see ya making progress

Does the carbon fiber help with sound resonance inside the cab? Since your planning 10,000millions gigawatts of stereo

RJ

RJ,
its good to hear from you, how have you been?
I dont think the carbon is much of a factor, the two layers of spun polyester/ aluminum and single layer of fatmat type material on the roof is where the gain in sound cancellation is. The carbon is purely esthetic.
Andrew

Ha, didnt see the fatmat type stuff underneath. The stance of the car is gonna be rockin.

Finally got around to plumbing my fuel system and building the flush fuel filler in the tailpanel on my scrap pile.

here is the pic of the poly/alum material, two layers about .125" total and I put a layer of the fat mat stuff on top of that.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo328.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 650
I got the new HI4 headlights in and installed today, they do have blue halos as well
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo489.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 650
I'm surprised...you never even commented on my "Missile" shadow graphics??....I'm kinda hurt....don't you care anymore?[/QUOTE]

Denny, Im sorry I dont know what you are talking about.
Andrew

Andrew....Sorry...I thought you had been at my build thread...A Bodies/Big Motors Hemi Duster final assembly...

Anyways you obviously being a "Missile" fan...you might like the Mopar Missile scheme I ghosted on my new silver Duster...can't see it on the new avatar...but its there...some good pics on the thread....around page 50

check it out sometime!

A quick up date. Someone here in the Austin MMCA lent me a vibratory polisher and I have been cleaning and bagging all of the fasteners from the car. Other than that I have gotten in the electric window regulators and will install them in the next few days. I also got in the door/window gasket package for the car and am now on the hunt for very clean door and rear glass.I will probably buy the windshield as a new piece.
Andrew

vibratory polisher - what make is it and how do you like it? Are the fasteners turning out like in the advertisment pictures "before and after"?

door/window gasket package - what company did you get them from? How's the quality?

will probably buy the windshield as a new piece - yeah me too.

Joe,
the VP is from harbor freight, however the media is from tractor supply and is called "Black Beauty" and is more aggressive than glass beads for polishing.The key to good results with the VP is patience, I left most batches in for 24 hours some for 48. yes the results are great the steel comes out shiny and black, most importantly the threads are clean.
The gasket package was an Ebay thing, I payed $179 and they are "super soft"gaskets, quality looks good, I also picked up a front windshield gasket a month ago someone had left over from a project, moments after it was posted for $50.
People keep telling me about "Safelight" putting in a new windshield for $200, that really works for me.
Andrew

I have been spending a lot of time researching and ordering parts for the various assemblies, I got the actuators for the hood scoop and the avionics style switches ordered for the main module in the center console. I also started working on the upper console which will house the valentine radar detector and the map and courtesy lighting.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo493.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 532
  • Photo492.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 543
  • Photo491.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 525
  • Photo490.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 541
I tried several different way to get a pic of the bagged console in the car. There is just too much black.
So here are the bench pics.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo497.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 512
  • Photo498.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 513
is that where the retro rocket(s) button will be?

how ya doin' Andrew?

Denny,
good to hear from you, actually this is one of the most mundane pieces. The white strips are where the courtesy (dome) lights will be and the black plexi is where the map lights will be. Between the black plexi and the front at the bottom of the console is where the Valentine RADAR detector will sit. The detector's remote indicator is part of the headsup display.
Andrew

Still waiting on the electrical components for the overhead console, but the avionics switches came in.Still waiting on the supplier to send replacement 12v lamps for the 24v ones they mistakenly supplied and one momentary switch back-ordered.However the work on the wiring harness, and printing all the labeling can start.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo508.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 472
  • Photo509.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 471
Progress is painfully slow, I did get in the overhead console from a ply voyager. I cut the map lights out of it and installed them in the plexi panel. I also got the switch module labeled and installed in the center console, still waiting on the 12v LEDs for the switches. Tommorow I will try to get all the respraying done so I can get all the pieces in the car for a test fit.
Andrew
Denny: fire-control for counter measures will be located elsewhere, Ill deal with that later

Attachments

• Photo512.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 454
  • Photo514.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 452
  • Photo510.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 452
Andrew this car is something that should be certified by NASA before you drive it. Good thing I have some take off power in case you drive up behind me!

-
Back