Birth of the Blue Missile

-
what electric regulators are you going with? ive thought repeatedly about going electric with mine, but never found a design i really liked for out cars.

michael

Michael,
I went with electric life, which some have had lousy success with. When mine came the rollers did not roll at all because they were to tight on the posts. I used a tool to remove them and then I ran a 1/4" spherical dremmel cutter inside the white roller to take out a touch of plastic and then I reinstalled them. now they roll effortlessly. Without doing this I can't imagine them working very well at all.
When I get them installed I will post pics and give them a review.
Andrew

quick update, I got the last bit of interior welding done and resprayed the floor with primer and am getting ready to add sound dampener to the interior as well as install the trunk supports to counteract the weight of the spoiler. Pics to follow.
ANDREW

have fun with the sound dampener, dont forget to wear gloves that metal can bite

In the mean time I put some temp power to some of the front lighting to respond to another post. I think it will look nasty when done. I also ordered the base coat paint today, Kirker's black starburst from auto body tool mart 1 Gal/activator shipped for $125.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo652.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 796
no the script does not light up , and the turn signal/running lights will be half that bright in running light mode.
Andrew

I got the trunk supports in place, now it opens all on its own and stays that way. They also do not interfere with the batt box. I also tried some of that 1/8"foam/aluminum self adhesive insulation on the rear fire wall, the plan was to contact cement some Naugahyde on top of that, however the foam did not stick well enough for my liking but it works very well under the package tray. I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy 100sqft of 80mil MillaMat, and do the entire interior that way.Andrew

Attachments

• Photo655.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 785
  • Photo656.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 786
That looks strangely familiar. I was wondering how it would hold up with your wing. Look good.

Tim, I used two 40lb springs instead of your two 30pounders. I just had to make sure they didnt hit the cage down bars when you shut the trunk.
Andrew

I like those middle lights, I was thinking about doing something like that but like the rally cars with 2 either in the middle like mustangs or spread out like the later model mustangs

Today's progress is I welded the flanges on the Batt box and bolted it in and mounted the relays for the compressors in the battery box. I also made the gasket out of 1/32" silicone sheet goods. I also got the rear fire wall covered with the Milla Mat and Naugahyde.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo659.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 692
  • Photo660.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 694
  • Photo662.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 687
Brilliant build!! Defiantly out of the box in the complex of different processes you are implementing. You are a madman! (I mean that in a good way Andrew!) You should get a FABO award for most interesting build!!

D.M.,
Thanks for the kudos, but I don’t need an award.
If however you guys and gals want to bless me for whatever small contribution I may have made to your build or lives, buying my book would be very cool. It is now published in every E-book outlet available, and is double in content from the tales I published here. It also has pictures, and the version at Amazon has a few extra pics including one of me in the field. The book has no digital protection so once you buy it you can send it to as many of your friends as you like. Please however keep in mind whatever funds I get will go right into finishing the car sooner.
However this works out I will not quit so… I win
Andrew

In the mean time, the paint I got was not batched properly, It had so much pearl in it that it looked charcoal grey. It was supposed to be black with a flash of pearl. I contacted the factory with the batch code and they checked it and are now making another batch and sending me a fresh gallon with activator and a quart of black so I can match what I already have to the right mix and then box the whole batch ending up with more than two gallons. These folks are good to work with.

I also am waiting on the ordered parts for the next electronic module I have to build which will interface three systems with the PTT control I've set up on the steering wheel using the audio controls. In order to use a two way radio I have to be able to isolate the headworn mic from the helmet intercom system and send the signal to the radio. At the same time I need to mute the CD player if its on and If the two way radio is being used, the center speaker in the dash needs to be diverted from the CD played to be used by the two way radio. Yeah just another little black box.
Pics soon
Andrew

So here is the latest,
Kirker shipped me the replacement paint but.......UPS destroyed one package and lost the other :eek:ops:
Kirker is reshipping this week.
In the mean time I went to HF and got a HVLP paint set, I know its cheap butat least the orifices are correct for the paint being used.
More later
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo664.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 605
Because of a clerical error Kirker double shipped the replacement paint. I got the first shipment and it had the gal of paint plus a quart of jet black and all sorts of hardeners and a gal of "prep wash" as well. So at the end of all of this I will have gotten 3 1/2 gallons of paint, 4 quarts of hardener, 2 gals of prep wash all for $125. God is good!
Andrew

I've been following this at a distance (probably the only safe way).

Do you think it will ever make it to the Mopar Nationals?

Mark,
Thanks. This past two weeks have been really rough, I caught some flu/pneumonia thing that I am just coming out from under the cloud today. Over the weekend I did manage to get the 3 1/2 gallons of paint boxed in a five gallon pail and then back in the gal cans. I also shot a sample panel ( with the HF guns, which worked great @ 30 PSI)of the starburst black with a blue metal flake stripe down the center. Whats really cool is that in normal light it just looks like black and chrysler blue, but in direct sunlight it bursts into all kinds of alive. It should be really cool as an entire paint job.
Andrew

-
Back