Birth of the Blue Missile

-
I wonder if there are any more of us K member testers on the forum. He had 6 sets and I know of 3 people with them so far.

I got the rear bumper and the *** end of the car stripped and re primed with epoxy today.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000043.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 631
  • WP_000045.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 633
  • WP_000044.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 649
While waiting for Denny's creation to arrive I have received all the parts from Speedway motors including the power rack and pinion and QA1s/450# springs. I have ordered the wilwood 2" drop pro spindles, a wilwood 13" brake set-up, 17"x8" black mustang bullitt wheels to match the back wrapped with 255/40 Sumitomos (25" tall).
Andrew

Nice meeting you Andrew.Had a great time! For those that don't know this man plays a MEAN slide guitar! (far right)

050312214950.jpg

Can't wait to see that car out on the street!

P.S. Tell the rest of the band hello for me,they were phenominal!

never seen his pic......is he the one with the boots??

While waiting for Denny's creation to arrive I have received all the parts from Speedway motors including the power rack and pinion and QA1s/450# springs. I have ordered the wilwood 2" drop pro spindles, a wilwood 13" brake set-up, 17"x8" black mustang bullitt wheels to match the back wrapped with 255/40 Sumitomos (25" tall).
Andrew

I see you went "BIG" on the brakes, very cool. I really considered them but Denny talked me out of them... cant wait for the pics. Why do you have 4 gallons of the Starburst black ? Isn't that overkill for painting one car.

Ross,
I've said this was a God project, here is a perfect example of His provision.
I bought one gallon of Kirker satrburst from auto body warehouse. I did a small test panel which looked like charcoal grey. After contacting Kirker I was sent a replacement gallon, but they sent more of the same batch, with a Qt of straight black. They then sent another gallon of the "new" corrected batch, with extra black again. I "boxed" them in a new 5 gal bucket, and added a fair amount of blue ultra-micro blue flake I've had sitting around for years. On top of that they sent a gal of prep-wash, and some extra activator as well. The test panels look great, The black starburst with a touch of extra blue.
.........All for $125.
And a relationship with the manufacturer.
Andrew

Ty,
thanks for the kudos, as far as I know I will be playing Antone's on the 21st with some good friends, it should be a blast. PM me your contact info and Ill give you a call when the time gets closer.
Andrew

For those of you wondering why my progress is so slow at this time of year, Hot Peppers are to blame. I make my own hot sauce and every year I plant 75 plants in a 6'x50' garden. Every year it needs to be cleaned out, tilled and this year it got a rebuild on the drip irrigation system.
hers a pic of the bed finally ready to plant. Last year I got 30lbs of peppers out of the garden.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000054.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 543
Fire in the hole......and hide your lighters! (right HemiMark?)

Fire in the hole......and hide your lighters! (right HemiMark?)

I almost **** myself laughing when I read this! That's funny.. Andrew, that is a great reason to stop progress on the car. My garden goes in in about 2 weeks.

Thanks Mark,
I will be growing nine different varieties of hot peppers from hot to holy crap.
in order of hurt: Bolivian rainbow,Bulgarian Carrot peppers, Peter Peppers, Antillias Carribean (Habanero:Hab.), Bazuka chilies (Hab), Yellow Sun (Hab), Cleo's Dragon (3" dia. Hab), Rashid (Hab), Devils Tongue (half way between a Hab and Ghost pepper) and some beefsteak tomatoes in the squirrel proof chicken wire enclosure at the end of the garden.
Andrew

Thanks Mark,
I will be growing nine different varieties of hot peppers from hot to holy crap.
in order of hurt: Bolivian rainbow,Bulgarian Carrot peppers, Peter Peppers, Antillias Carribean (Habanero:Hab.), Bazuka chilies (Hab), Yellow Sun (Hab), Cleo's Dragon (3" dia. Hab), Rashid (Hab), Devils Tongue (half way between a Hab and Ghost pepper) and some beefsteak tomatoes in the squirrel proof chicken wire enclosure at the end of the garden.
Andrew

Sounds great........... Ghost peppers scare me!

We sell them in dried form at my PnS. I still haven't worked up the nerve to buy them and try them out.

The devils tongues are of the same heat level as the red savinas
The pieces of the front end assembly are starting to come together I got the hubs and calipers yesterday and the rims/tires should be here today or monday.
Andrew

I got a front end completely tigged up ...except for motor perches and sway bar brackets, those are tacked for a test-fit The first sway bar (proto-type) should be here first of the week.

soon....very soon

For those of you wondering why my progress is so slow at this time of year, Hot Peppers are to blame. I make my own hot sauce and every year I plant 75 plants in a 6'x50' garden. Every year it needs to be cleaned out, tilled and this year it got a rebuild on the drip irrigation system.
hers a pic of the bed finally ready to plant. Last year I got 30lbs of peppers out of the garden.
Andrew

Whats the chances of whipping up a couple batches and meeting us at the Nats and we have a party !!!! That would go great with the Parking lot cookout.

-
Back