Bolt in Harness Bar don't do it!!!

-
well i don't want to rain on your parrad but for your safety i would not trust those bars in any kind of crash. one all the hemi joints should be double sheer, this means that there is a tab on both sides of the hemi joint. two, what ever you are guessing the wall thickness is on those tubes is no were near what it needs to be it should be at least .1875 or 3/16 wall and dom, no seams in the tubing, or chrome moly. and three with a cage not roll bar every thing is triangulated so that every does not collaspe in on its self. I am not telling you this to put you down but to help you yes it looks really cool but i would be more affraid that you might get hurt in a simple fender bender. alot of the people on here are giving you these anwsers so that if you do get in to some kind of crash you don't get hurt. but we may say in a way that offends you then well i am sorry but i do not wish a fellow A-Body owner get hurt over something that is more for decoration the for safety
Sorry I have gotten long winded and my spelling sucks but every one is looking out for you. Rob
triangulation......think this might have been mentioned earlier.....without the third leg this thing is not going to provide much strength in regards to a harness mount.....but hey, I am a know nothing nay sayer so......

well i think you made a few changes for the better and i see it helping out alot if you get in a wreck. have you given any thought to reversing the cross bar to see if you can get a better angle on the tabs for the down bars. that might lower the cross bar a tad more to get it a bit lower to the shoulders. if you feel you want to keep the cross bar from bending just add another down bar in the middle. this to me is a vast improvement to not having any shoulder belt. does your harness have a submarine belt? one thing to remember is in a sudden crash as in stop the speed/weight at which you are traveling doubles. head ons at different speeds/weights are added together then doubled. at any rate i think you made a wise investment along with the improvements you made to it.

Never seen anyone so happy to learn his tube is insufficient and undersized...
drumhit-1.gif

For those reading this thread in the future, it should be noted that mowrycuda68 has changed his avatar to a folding chair.

Good sporting!

oh btw Steve (4spd), I am playing hooky and working on my car tomorrow, since my car is all apart I will see if the 67 fb has a provision for a shoulder strap.

For those reading this thread in the future, it should be noted that mowrycuda68 has changed his avatar to a folding chair.

Good sporting!

oh btw Steve (4spd), I am playing hooky and working on my car tomorrow, since my car is all apart I will see if the 67 fb has a provision for a shoulder strap.

I noticed his avatar change, I agree good sport/sarcasm...LOL
Thanks Chris for chking on the shoulder harness!

Folding chair FTW!!!!
I do admire your sense of humor. You have taken a beating here over this thing(please keep in mind that because it's a safety thing we are probably more vocal than if it were something else because we care) but you roll with the punches pretty good I must say! 2 thumbs up for keeping a sense of humor about it & not taking it personal!! :thumbrig::thumrigh:

I cannot believe you all are still discussing this . Is it that important to look cool with your colorful installation of non functioning race belts and seats. I just looked at the bracket that was bolted under the back seat in one pic. Any metal that bends like that from just tightening a bolt isn't going to hold a 150 lb person let alone two. These are junk and that is that .

There should be no discussion on which way to install them. They are for looks nothing else. A way to make sales on belts and seats to guys who don't know any better. Let these idiots install there junk anyway they want. If its that important to have the cool look they will never admit they are useless.

I had gone to enduro races where guys put metal head boards from beds made of pipe with the jail house bar look in for roll bars. They strapped them to the back of the bench seat. They were the first ones I would hit. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

Really guys what are you thinking of even buying this junk.

I was also thinking of a way to make money.

People want to lose weight and they want to get rich. So what about a book titled " Turn your fat into money" Sell them a one page book on how to make and sell a bacon sandwich . People would buy this. I know it.

Go ahead I got my PF flyers on. and if you happen to catch me I dance like a butterfly and sting like a bee :afro: T

-
Back