Bought me a pick up.

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Went truck shopping today. I've been looking for a 1500 Ram but they were priced out of my range. I settled for a 98 Dakota club cab 4X4. Its a 3.9L but I think Ill be very happy with it. Its very clean and runs great.

http://www.carcityofdanbury.com/inventory_view_vehicle.php?stock=14886

And the best part, I have officially made my family 100% Chrysler. The wife doesnt even know . :thumblef:

Congrats. Everybody needs a truck. Especially to haul those Mopar parts! toolmanmike

Tony is your a 3.9 or a 5.2 ? I was hoping to get a V8 but this truck was so clean and a good deal that a snatched it up. Its still rated at 5200LBS towing capacity and I figure Im only gonna tow with it a few times a year. Beside a small block is just a swap away.

Beside a small block is just a swap away.
My kind of guy. I said the same thing when I got the Duster. (Actually, I looked at the /6 and said, "Your fired!"

AdamR said:
Tony is your a 3.9 or a 5.2 ? I was hoping to get a V8 but this truck was so clean and a good deal that a snatched it up. Its still rated at 5200LBS towing capacity and I figure Im only gonna tow with it a few times a year. Beside a small block is just a swap away.

Adam mine is a 4.7 v-8. Takes towing the Dart and truck load of tools, jacks, fluids, cooler and my azz to Island no problem. You know those hills.

Does yours have the tow package?
If not you'll definitely have to add the trans cooler!
I have a friend who tows his 63 Ferd Galaxie to the track with a Ferd Ranger
(I think) with a /6.
He does need a good running start at the last mountain before exit 19 on rt#80.
#-o

If that truck could talk,it would say,glad to be at this mopar home.
:toothy10: congrad's on the happy red truck. :thumblef:

Tony, Yes it has a tow pkg and 3.92s. I think those hills on the way to LVD are going to be a slow climb though.

AdamR said:
Tony, Yes it has a tow pkg and 3.92s. I think those hills on the way to LVD are going to be a slow climb though.

Take it out of o/d as you approach them. I do that with the v-8.

Brought the truck home yesterday. Couldnt be happier other then the bad job they did claning it. Luckily I had time yesterday to relean it. I still need to compound and glaze it though and the carpet could use a good shampooing.

IM000906.gif

IM000905.gif

IM000904.gif

onehellofadart said:
Adam mine is a 4.7 v-8. Takes towing the Dart and truck load of tools, jacks, fluids, cooler and my azz to Island no problem. You know those hills.

Does yours have the tow package?
If not you'll definitely have to add the trans cooler!
I have a friend who tows his 63 Ferd Galaxie to the track with a Ferd Ranger
(I think) with a /6.
He does need a good running start at the last mountain before exit 19 on rt#80.
#-o
Beleive it or not, those rangers have a 5000lb towing capacity. I would sure hate trying to panic stop with that much weight behind one.
Congrats on the new trruck Adam, Looks good.

-
Back