Boyd Coddington Passed Away

-
RIP boyd,our thoughts and prayers are with your family in this time of need. Boyd did what he loved and that was work on his hotrods ,and made a great business doing it. R.I.P.

Sad news indeed. Another automotive Legend passes. His old employee, or shall I say friend, Roy passed away not long ago either, guess he needed some company. He was very inspirring to us bodymen/painters.
R.I.P. Hot Rod........:angel7:

It is a VERY SAD DAY INDEED!! Boyd Coddington was definately an ICON in the HOT ROD WORLD! But he was also a GENEROUS MAN that helped in many other ways,such as hiring handicapped or physically and mentaly challenged people,He and Wife Jo also built and auctioned off cars for people that had Terminal Illnesses and the proceeds went to thos for research for cures.
But he was mostly known for BUILDING HOTRODS!
Boyd suffered from liver problems that was inherited from his Father is my understanding from a friend that knows the Coddington Family.He will surely be missed by many and my sincere condolences to the Coddington Family and Friends.Our Prayers are with Boyd and Family at this time MAY GOD BLESS!

I hated his show and some of the people working for him,and his attitude to people,and the way he treated his workers,that the car is more important than your lives and your family.Did he build great cars,for sure,but at what expense,bushing people to no end and stupid dead lines,working just about 24/7,well I guess we have the last laugh,mrmopartech

I hated his show and some of the people working for him,and his attitude to people,and the way he treated his workers,that the car is more important than your lives and your family.Did he build great cars,for sure,but at what expense,bushing people to no end and stupid dead lines,working just about 24/7,well I guess we have the last laugh,mrmopartech

Don't you think that's just a little harsh of a judgement ? You're basing your opinion of a man on a TV show ? Hello, it's TV !!!

I only know of him because of his TV show. His gruff nature was part pressure and part TV ratings. He was one of the first in the shop to pick up a hose to squirt someone for a prank and a few laughs. He was a visionary
and surrounded himself with true craftsmen to produce a finished product that was the best of the best. God bless Boyd and all whose lives he touched.
His style and automotive grace will live on for many, many years to come!
toolmanmike

Boyd was a true independent when it came to design, I would be rude to if I had a camera in my face all day, he was superior in what he did and no tv show can take that away from him.
God Bless you Boyd

i myself didn't like his "boydsters" too much, but the footprint he left and the path he carved for alot of hotrod builders today is truly a great thing. i did think he was a bit arrogant, but then again i have never met him in person. his show was all about drama. no drama=no viewers. what about mr. negative(dwayne)? now he is an a**hole.

my condolences go out to his family. i will most likely send a card to the shop.

Before this esculates into a debate on a persons character, let's remember we're evaluating a man on his TELEVISION persona....not reality. TV needs that drama to hold the attention of the viewers.

After all, why else do they call TV shows PROGRAMMING.... :munky2:

boyd and all thankz for doing all those things you liked doing, most of us liked them to, take it easy man wish your self and family the best see you in the next trip :happy10:

Yes, the passing of the man is indeed a sad thing. He is an icon in our industry. But, beware the pedestal upon which you are gazing. I won't begrudge the man his talent or his accomplishments, although if you care enough, you might just check a few things out. Who actually designed the boydsters? What happened to his "successful" shop in Stanton? When did he cash in his stocks on his old shop before it closed? What happened to the people who believed and invested in him then? There's more indicators, but do your own homework if you want. Personally, I'll consider it a loss to our hobby, but, I am putting an asterix on it.

That's too bad, he will be missed. I wonder if his illness had anything to do with the buried 1957 Plymouth Belvedere that was unearthed in Tulsa? Several members of his crew became very sick after working on that piece of toxic waste.......

He had his stomach stapled a while back to lose wieght. The staples had come loose & stomach acid had gotten into his body. This is what he died from.

Do you mean to say that the man was so out of control that, even though a diabetic, he couldn't stop eating and had to have his stomach stapled?

Then I would say he failed the Darwin Test, and this is what happens to such people.

Wow I'm sorry for my earlier post, Boyod Coddington and his team did a lot for the Hot Rod and pushed into new areas. He give use other builders like Chip Foose and pushed the rest to step up there game. I can't say that I liked him or not as I don't think that you can judge a person by what you see on TV.

He will be missed and my thoughts and praires are with his family and friends

my greatest condolences to mrs Coddington, and his staff and friends, i am a little behind as i just suffered stroke. we lost a great hot rod in Boyd, i enjoyed his show, he will be greatly missed. My prayers you all!

I have heard 3 reason for his death.

1 was he had his neck ran over by a car in the shop. highly unlikely seeing I cant see him laying down to work on a car.

Then I heard liver failure.
and third is the stomach problem.

I have heard 3 reason for his death.

1 was he had his neck ran over by a car in the shop. highly unlikely seeing I cant see him laying down to work on a car.

Then I heard liver failure.
and third is the stomach problem.

I heard the first 2 but not the stomach problem.
Makes you wonder if his sudden illness and death had anything to with the toxins him and his crew breathed when the were working on the buried 57 Plymouth,i had read that him and his crew were sick for weeks after that!

Coddington had been hospitalized in January, shortly after New Years 2007 following a fall at his home.[6] He was discharged, but complained of continuing complications and was readmitted just a few days later to Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital in suburban Whittier, California. After being readmitted, doctors performed surgery and Boyd was expected to make a complete recovery. Coddington died on February 27, 2008. His publicist, Brad Fanshaw, stated that Coddington was a long-time diabetic who died from complications that were brought on from a recent surgery

70 DART I HOPE YOUR DOING OK,,,

as for BOYD, i read he had recently had his stomach stapled,, the staples worked there way out, and the acid from his stomach got in to his body,,that could be the surgey problem they are talking about,,i didnt think he was that much over weight to have that done,,, but when you got money,and a young wife,,,you do what you want,,,,

-
Back