brakes and suspension same for slant6 and 318v8

-

phill72

Reaction score
hi ,recently bought a 72 duster and in Australia for registration I need a engineers report on a imported car. The VIN no suggests my car came with a slant6 but it has been upgraded to a 318v8,my question is are the brake and suspension setup the same as for both engine options ..hopefully someone can help me with this .thankyou phill

They where different between my slant six duster and my 318 duster. The 318 duster had disk brakes up front, 10 in drums in the back, and beefier torsion bars. My slant six car had 9 in drums on all four corners and small slant six torsion bars. Unless the slant six car was optioned with disk brakes, they are different between the two.

9 inch drums for six banger with optional heavy duty brakes and suspension available...318 gets 10 inch drums with slightly heavier torsion bars

Also weren't the slant w/AC bars the same size as 318 without A/C? And 318 w/AC the same as 340 without?

thankyou to all with your input on my problem ,my duster has the disc brake frontend and drums rear so I should be ok for registration here thankyou again

-
Back