Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Finnaly.. I really look nice! Hollywood is wasting a really nice man

Resize%20of%20DSC06422.JPG

I wouldn't go that far but the car is comin along great. lol

thats exactly what you describe. when I tried to close the hood, hings almost flex to side and almost run out of the car..

I removed the lower hinge clips to close hood.. when I need to open it, I put a big wood stick to keep it opened (an old broom)

I think you know it with a very very bad experience :angry7:

I'm not sure if they are the same as 67-69 cuda´s; I found a picture here in Fabo
as I know, Brazilian darts are based on 68-69 American darts

BUPMjTQCGkKGrHgoOKiMEjlLmVOYOBKMcN9.jpg

Those are the hinges and If it was me, I would probably take the the time to fix em up...the old stick holding the hood up is a great idea untill a gust pf wind slams the hood on your windshield ruining your bodywork and cracking your glass.....ask me how I know.....oops.

You can heat up the rivets and hammer them flat of install new ones to tighten them up. Another option once you install the hinges is to not open the hood so far that is locks at the full open position.....The hinge design is poor at best and worse when worn.

You can see in the pic my fatty and confused's notch...both hoods are open but neither is open fully.

Good looking lady by the way...I have a pretty brunette my self. :-D

Mop

Mop

Attachments

• DSC04464.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 622
the holley idle problem wasn't durst... was the fuel level. I raised the buoy level

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4amOePn_nY"]YouTube - 318 engine and 650 holley with idle working[/ame]

I will have to do the same at secondary buoy.

Hi moparman.. I'm completely in love with your car
amazing photo!

As soon as I repair the hood hinges I will post the solution I will adopt

Those are the hinges and If it was me, I would probably take the the time to fix em up...the old stick holding the hood up is a great idea untill a gust pf wind slams the hood on your windshield ruining your bodywork and cracking your glass.....ask me how I know.....oops.

You can heat up the rivets and hammer them flat of install new ones to tighten them up. Another option once you install the hinges is to not open the hood so far that is locks at the full open position.....The hinge design is poor at best and worse when worn.

You can see in the pic my fatty and confused's notch...both hoods are open but neither is open fully.

Good looking lady by the way...I have a pretty brunette my self. :-D

Mop

Mop

Someday someone with a nice milling machine will come up with a beautiful simple solution to our problem...some billet AL hinges a la Classic Performance....I went through 6 pairs of hinges to find 2 that were in good enough shape to use....I still had to weld a washer on both posts so I and work the bushing/rivet so I wouldn't have to deal with something bad ever again.

They work well and are tight enough to keep the hood open at any level:-D

Thanks for the compliment by the way....I am sure that when you are done you will also have a masterpiece.:happy10: Your skills with minimal tools are very impressive an very motivating.

Mop

I like other 'small' budget projects. You can get ideas to own project.
Will you move Dart with trailer, hitching with pole or drive?

You have summer there, no problems with snow.:-D

I take sway bar from Mitsubishi Pajero to backaxle and to front from my Jeep. VW Golf(Rabbit) mk II front sway bar is too thin, other right.

Keep up good work.

Hi thanks for you messagem

I will move dart in a truck (as attached image). I took this picture from my frist A body while it was going home

I can't move driving or even hitching with pole because my car license is old. Moreover, I didn't repaired brake system completely.

Pajero sawy bar seens to be very good to use in A-bodys. The front sway bar looks like some chevys car.. Almost all A-bodies here in brazil have front sway bar.. But almost not have back sway bar. I got an original sway bar kit in a junk yard for about 60 dolars

I like other 'small' budget projects. You can get ideas to own project.
Will you move Dart with trailer, hitching with pole or drive?

You have summer there, no problems with snow.:-D

I take sway bar from Mitsubishi Pajero to backaxle and to front from my Jeep. VW Golf(Rabbit) mk II front sway bar is too thin, other right.

Keep up good work.

we do not have snow at winter.. but we have a rainy summer. Rains a lot. And as we know.. A bodies have problem with sealing in front and rear windows

Attachments

• prancha.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 573
When they shipped new a-bodies to Finland, allmost all was cheapest. Heater only. Other radio delete, slant six 170 or 225, 3 speed manual at three, 9" drum breaks, no outside mirrors, no swaybars, 13" cheapest tires. Manual steering and breaks.

1967 after hardtops and V8 cars come more.

Front swaybar, which Chevy?
Pics?
Jeeps give some problems.

Hello Alex , car is coming together nicely. Still no home internet and a lot changes when so many post go by.How far is your move? Just brought the dart fastback here to my new place today. (yeah) Only 2hr drive on car trailer for me.Winter here, summer there. Good to see your getting something done!

what a hellllll...:snakeman::snakeman::snakeman::snakeman::snakeman:

today was a very busy day. Fortunately, my A-body came to new place .. It is wainting for a vacancy at painting shop

My lovely wife took some pictures during hard work

Resize%20of%20DSC06523.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06524.JPG

I had to drive it for the first time.. not properly driving I know

Resize%20of%20DSC06525.JPG

Guess where I'm sitting?

Resize%20of%20DSC06526.JPG

yepp.... sitting on the rear seats

Resize%20of%20DSC06527.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06528.JPG

hooooowwwwwwww... how the dukes of harzard get out of the car so easy ???

Resize%20of%20DSC06530.JPG

Finally, ready to travel around 250km

Resize%20of%20DSC06535.JPG

Hello Alex , car is coming together nicely. Still no home internet and a lot changes when so many post go by.How far is your move? Just brought the dart fastback here to my new place today. (yeah) Only 2hr drive on car trailer for me.Winter here, summer there. Good to see your getting something done!

fast back dart ?? lets see some pics please,,,

alex bo duke has nothing on you man,,,

Yes, your style is much better than like mine at gym class. :toothy10:
Simile seal trying jump from sea to ice.
Don't forgot any pieces of Dart, I have moved 4 times over the years. And don't find now some Fury's crometrims (take them off 10 years ago).:munky2:

as I told before, summer in Brazil have a lot of rainning days. Big storms with rays. My region is having some problems with rain and Rio de Janeiro is passing trhough a very bad condiction. Two cities between Rio de Janeiro and my new home city are completely destroyed. I think there are more than 200 deaths. I wish these 2 cites (Petropolis and Teresopolis) could have a moment of piece.

I always suspected you were a 'back seat driver' !

NOOOOOOO :banghead:

as I don't know local prhases, I googled for "back seat driver"
answer is:
A backseat driver is a vehicle passenger who is not controlling the vehicle, and seems to be uncomfortable with the skills of the driver and/or wants to tutor the driver while the driver is at the wheel.

I'm not a back seat driver!

finnaly I'm installed in new city. Now I'm living in "Juiz de Fora"

Juiz de fora : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juiz_de_Fora

I'm working in UFJF as teacher/researcher in Computer Science Dept.
federal university of juiz de fora: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universidade_Federal_de_Juiz_de_Fora

Everything seems to be ok... but I took 3 hard decisions..

First: I paused A-body project. I will just do some cosmectic works. Don't know what to do in my new apartment.. My wife said that she will kill me if I work on dodge dart in a such small place. My new parking garage crap.

Second: I rent a parking garage to my dart.. killing me soflty it.. cart away from me

Third and most hard decision.. I contract a man to do the welding job, prepare car for painting and paint it.. all fun things ... unfurtunately I can't do it..

don't now what to do or how to continue my dart project. I feel like I'm a looser.

Alex,

I hope you figure it out. Everybody here has had to put the car on the back-burner (wait) for a while. It sucks, I have had to do it a few times. But, I have found that being a member here, and also just going out and looking at the car keeps me motivated. You have made amazing progress, taking some time off doesn't make you a loser at all... It makes you just like the rest of us...

BTW, congrats on the move and new Job.

JOE

finnaly I'm installed in new city. Now I'm living in "Juiz de Fora"

Juiz de fora : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juiz_de_Fora

I'm working in UFJF as teacher/researcher in Computer Science Dept.
federal university of juiz de fora: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universidade_Federal_de_Juiz_de_Fora

Everything seems to be ok... but I took 3 hard decisions..

First: I paused A-body project. I will just do some cosmectic works. Don't know what to do in my new apartment.. My wife said that she will kill me if I work on dodge dart in a such small place. My new parking garage crap.

Second: I rent a parking garage to my dart.. killing me soflty it.. cart away from me

Third and most hard decision.. I contract a man to do the welding job, prepare car for painting and paint it.. all fun things ... unfurtunately I can't do it..

don't now what to do or how to continue my dart project. I feel like I'm a looser.

you are far from a looser,,,if there is a will there is a way and im sure you will find it,,,get moved in your new home,,,settle in and adjust you will be fine,,, hope your country gets some relief soon,,

Work hard and pay someone to finish the car for you....you can still get satisfaction knowing what you have done and there will be lots to do when the paint and bodywork are done....give you a few months to settle in and get your situation right.

Good luck and it's not a bad thing to step back once in a while...

Mop

thanks for all messages. Now I'm trying to work in small pieces at home

hope to back post photos soon

Alex , you're too funny ! :thumleft: .

My comment about you being a 'back seat driver' was meant in a literal , albeit , metaphorical sense :glasses1: . I saw that you were steering your Dart while sitting on the back seat .
It's just a goof ; and I apologise for any confusion with the translation :eek:fftheai:.

I truly admire your drive and ambition :thumleft: . I will even venture to say that your Dart is in better condition than my daily driver '72 Coronet :toothy2:.

My best wishes , Alex !

Wow! Just found this thread and I am very impressed with your skills with your resto. You are an inspiration to all of us wuth your innovation and abilities. Keep up the great work and keep posting up pics.

Hi... I laught a lot abou "back seat driver" because my wife says it about me..

She says "when I drive you shoud shut up!"

Alex , you're too funny ! :thumleft: .

My comment about you being a 'back seat driver' was meant in a literal , albeit , metaphorical sense :glasses1: . I saw that you were steering your Dart while sitting on the back seat .
It's just a goof ; and I apologise for any confusion with the translation :eek:fftheai:.

I truly admire your drive and ambition :thumleft: . I will even venture to say that your Dart is in better condition than my daily driver '72 Coronet :toothy2:.

My best wishes , Alex !

Hi, thanks for your message...
I will try to work more.. but I will have to be less agressive.. just can do small jobs now

Wow! Just found this thread and I am very impressed with your skills with your resto. You are an inspiration to all of us wuth your innovation and abilities. Keep up the great work and keep posting up pics.

-
Back