Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Another nice thing that happened today.. My front 68 dart grille just arrived.

I intend to make a custom Brazilian dart, and I'm thinking use a 68 american dart grille.

Now I just have to buy a pair of headlights bezel... does anyone have??? Ebay does have but they are a bit expensive.

Resize of DSC02900.JPG

Resize of DSC02901.JPG

Those bezels are hard to find in good condition. Good originals will probably cost you more than a pair of reproductions.

forgot to post this picture.. the old piece and the new one.. side by side..

Resize of DSC02904.JPG

Finally I molded last piece of floor panel. My neighbors were getting crazy with my noise!

Resize of DSC02944.JPG

Resize of DSC02945.JPG

a friend gave me a radio.. Nice one..

I have some newer stereo k7 models.. example: from 79-82 Brazilian dodges

I have made a custom "speaker" to put in original panel. I used 2 speakers from an old creative labs sound from an old computer.. Nice sound.. simple and small.

Resize of DSC02935.JPG

Resize of DSC02936.JPG

Wow!!! Nice work Alex. What an inspirational thread this is. I've never seen the Brazilian Mopars before. They're awesome!!! Good luck on the rest of your build. I can't wait to see more pics. Oh and good luck on your thesis as well!!

The quality of your work is great and I like your home built shop equipment. I hope your neighbors will stay tolerant about the noise, it's for a good cause. Thanks for posting those videos, I like that rock band even though I can't comprehend one word of it!! Rock music, women and cool old cars are universal. Thanks for sharing.

I built a simple tool to fold sheet metal..

I used 2 pieces of wood.. and door hinges.

take a look at the photos.. any doubt I'll ask promptly

Resize of DSC02946.JPG

Resize of DSC02951.JPG

Resize of DSC02952.JPG

Resize of DSC02956.JPG

Resize of DSC02957.JPG

Resize of DSC02958.JPG

Resize of DSC02960.JPG

Resize of DSC02962.JPG

Resize of DSC02963.JPG

Man your matel brake is really cool. Keep up the good work. I enjoy watching you on your journey putting ths car back on the road.

Great job man! I didnt even know Brazil had old Mopars. Great job making tools that you need! I love making tools from what I have kicking around the garage.
Sweet car man!!!

thanks for your message..

Since I was a child I built a lot of tools.. I like to think in how to make things.. how to fix things..

keep in touch

Great job man! I didnt even know Brazil had old Mopars. Great job making tools that you need! I love making tools from what I have kicking around the garage.
Sweet car man!!!

almost 3 weeks

a lot of problems at university.. but now.. I think every thing is gonna be all wright

last sunday I painted some parts and start to rebuild rear breaks

I will post pictures in a few minutes

wow. im off to the hardware store to get some door hinges! thats a great idea as i need floor pans in two of our cars.

breaks are almost done.
I will buy new rear cylinders
Nice work with the home made tools . Your brake shoes I see you stirpped and cleaned them and had them relined. This might sound dumb but you can buy already lined shoes there? Just wondering Is is expencive to have them lined?:toothy10:

Hi, I bought brake shoes repair for about 15 dolars (all 4 .. don't know the name.. pad?)

I did not find a complete brake shoe to mopar.

A shop give an option to "glue" brake "pads" to rear shoe... but it cost almost 90 dolars. So I did it the old school way... using rivets

Nice work with the home made tools . Your brake shoes I see you stirpped and cleaned them and had them relined. This might sound dumb but you can buy already lined shoes there? Just wondering Is is expencive to have them lined?:toothy10:

I haven`t seen a riveted brake shoe in 20 years, that`s cool! At one time nearly all shoes were riveted. The early bonded shoes often failed in mountainous regions as the glue would melt from the heat generated with prolonged braking. Of course adhesives are much better now and those problems don`t exist. I like how you rebuild things instead of just buying everything new.

-
Back