Busy day in the shop, cooking late night.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Full day in the shop and some late night cooking. Two onions, 5 pounds of ground meat browned and drained, I can of whole tomato’s sliced, a quart Prego Traditional, and seasoning. I’ll let it simmer all night and add a few secret ingredients and more sauce and tomatoes. No dog gone sugar added at this house.

198DAB1F-36CB-4C7E-ADC4-03AC401F9A47.jpeg

Full day in the shop and some late night cooking. Two onions, 5 pounds of ground meat browned and drained, I can of whole tomato’s sliced, a quart Prego Traditional, and seasoning. I’ll let it simmer all night and add a few secret ingredients and more sauce and tomatoes. No dog gone sugar added at this house.

View attachment 1716141838
Looks like my chili without the beans. LOL Making me hungry!

Add some carrots for sweet ness.

Add some carrots for sweet ness.

So we went to Eat n Park.
We went to the salad bar.
I got some chilli and topped it with shredded cheese.
When I sat back down the wife says “Are you okay”?
Yeah, why ?
You put shredded carrots on your chilli.
I told her I did it on purpose and then I had to eat it and pretend I liked it.

So we went to Eat n Park.
We went to the salad bar.
I got some chilli and topped it with shredded cheese.
When I sat back down the wife says “Are you okay”?
Yeah, why ?
You put shredded carrots on your chilli.
I told her I did it on purpose and then I had to eat it and pretend I liked it.
Oops!

Chili with beans is stew real chili does not have beans in it.

John, Try Rao's if you can get it INSTEAD of Prego's , really kick it up a notch ! Try to stay away from HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP , your body can get rid of REAL sugar but not the synthetic stuff. Carry on

John, Try Rao's if you can get it INSTEAD of Prego's , really kick it up a notch ! Try to stay away from HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP , your body can get rid of REAL sugar but not the synthetic stuff. Carry on
Raos marinara is the only jarred sauce I will use anymore, and I grew up on prego. But it’s 3x the price.

I would have to sample it I cost me a lot to make a batch of sauce. If it’s sweet it’s a no go for me. Remember all im
Using it for is a base.

Sugar? Nasty! And real chili doesn't have beans? Hogwash! I fix a five bean chili that'll knock your socks off.

Yes the Rao's is more $$ but just like buying good motor oil for your engine ! Look at the ingredients on everything you buy and stay AWAY from High Fructose Corn Syrup, you can find products without that poison. Your body will thank you !

Ohhhh I’m sure. This will make 3 plus pounds of spaghetti and some left over sauce to freeze for another time. 200.00 worth of groceries doesn’t go very far now a day.
I dont care for pasta, but the kids love it
So when I make it ill put a bowl of the sauce aside, stir in some queso and eat it with corn chips

We call that "Italian nachos"

-
Back