Calipers

-
I'm going to say no. I dont quite understand the ""same"" part of your question.
The only ones that are the same are the ones that are together.

Will the stock brake calpiars or a 71 duster work on a 73, if I use the same upper control arms and spindles.

Nope, you can't.
71 brake calipers are 4 piston, Kelsey Hayes calipers, and 73 are single piston.
Two totally different braking systems.
You can't mix and match parts between the two.

I bought a 71 duster parts car SBP front disc the roter and brake caliper were shot.I want to put the disc on my 73 duster what would I need.

I bought a 71 duster parts car SBP front disc the roter and brake caliper were shot.I want to put the disc on my 73 duster what would I need.

If you want to put a 71 disc brake set up on a 73 a body car, then your going to have to change over the upper control arms to the small ball joint UCA.
Then you will aso have to use DISC brake lower ball joints from the 65-72 cars, or if the ones from the 71 are still good, you use them. If not, you hafta get new ones.
You state that the rotors, and calipers are shot, from the 71 car, so your also gonna, hafta buy new rotors, and rebuilt caipers.
Get's pretty expensive, pretty quick, doesn't it.

Well my 73 is sbp so all I would need to do is take the spindals off the 71 and order some calipers and roters from summit and put it on the 73.Both the 71 and 73 have sbp.

Well my 73 is sbp so all I would need to do is take the spindals off the 71 and order some calipers and roters from summit and put it on the 73.Both the 71 and 73 have sbp.

You have a 73 Duster, with a 6 cylinder engine, and drum brakes.
That's why it's 4 inch, small bolt pattern.
Yes, 65-72 Kelsey Hayes disc brakes are also small bolt pattern.
Those year cars were small bolt pattern wether it was disc, or drum brakes.
But it seems that you don't understand that your 73 car uses different upper and lower ball joints than your 71 donor car does.
So you also have to swap, replace, those parts too, on the 73, if you want to use a 71 braking system.
All that i'm gonna tell you is, if and when you get into it, your just gonna, hafta, find out for yourself, what your getting into then.
I just wanted to answer your original questions, that's all.

I have all the disc brake parts for the 71 mins roters and calipers.

So if I buy stock replacement calipers and roter for a 71 it will fit becuse the whole font brake setup will be 71.

Sounds like you are set. A photo of the parts you have would let us confirm that. The rotors are cheap ($22 Centric), calipers not so cheap (~$200 rockauto). Good that you have cores to ship them. Did you get the proportioning valve? If not, buy an adjustable proportioning valve ($25 ebay or $75 Summit, both look the same less logo). Otherwise, first time you brake on a curve you may find your rears lock up and you'll spin out. Watch George Clooney pull the e-brake in the movie "The American" to get an idea.

The proportioning-valve looking thing on your drum car is only a distribution block w/ imbalance warning switch. It is not the same and will not work. If you keep it, plumb the adjustable proportioning valve downstream of it (in the mud), or get a fixed one from a factory disk car, preferably 72 & earlier since 73+ is a different setup.

I have all needed for disc swap mins needing new roters and calipers.

I'm currently fighting an even worse battle than you converting a 67 Charger to front Disk.(It has a factory sway bar from 67 which mean's I've got to have rear mounted calipers. And I've got A and F body spindles)
Don't even get into the tall spindle debate from an (FMJ)
I say that because if this statement is correct and you have the spindles, it appears that if you go to the junk yard and find a Diplomat or 5th Ave (FMJ) the calipers and rotors will work for you. And a bonus the wheel bearings and calipers are probably in good conditon. Be sure and get the caliper brackets.
I've done this and they look like they will work. I will be bolting things together this weekend and know for sure.

Oh, what the hell, here are some links about spindles.
Don't bother reading them unless you have lots of spare time on your hands.

Ehernber's article
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...SDxYBQ&usg=AFQjCNEki4imgoDS5g7zWyP_6DdQLfMTOQ

The article that proably started the war on the forums.
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...ping_a_and_b_disc_brake_spindles/viewall.html

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2098376&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...6447&Words=+PlumCrazyChris&topic=&Search=true

I have all the disc brake parts for the 71 mins roters and calipers.

So if I buy stock replacement calipers and roter for a 71 it will fit becuse the whole font brake setup will be 71.

I didn't notice this and may have confused the issue.
Bill Grissom proably got you straight.

hemi71x knows what he's talking about. I've dealt with him many times and he knows his mopar brake systems. If you listen to what he says, it will save you alot of time, money, and embarrassment. :D

Will a fixed calipers fit were the org 71 had flooting calipers.

71 A-body didn't have floating calipers from the factory.
With all the changing that has been done to these cars over 40+ years we can only guess want you have and what you need.

You might end up wishing those kits weren't available.
For those who have good in use calipers that already have stainless pistons, the rebuild kits are all they need.
Those who find a K-H brake setup in a bone yard found cores for exchange.

Ok so

Upper arms
Lower arms
spindals
Left and right side KH calipers
Master cylinder
Po valve
All above is off a 71

What rotors do I need.Will some 71 roters for summit work.

Honestly, I'd sell what you have and go with the BBP brakes with the EBC pads, 76+ calipers (bigger bore), and 11.75 rotors. It will stop you faster then the KH setup every time. Plus (minus the pads themselves because you'll have to order them) you can get all the parts from a local autoparts store anytime.

Honestly, I'd sell what you have and go with the BBP brakes with the EBC pads, 76+ calipers (bigger bore), and 11.75 rotors. It will stop you faster the KH setup every time. Plus (minus the pads themselves because you'll have to order them) you can get all the parts from a local autoparts store anytime.

I agree...the 73 and up stuff is much more common and less expensive...

-
Back