Calvert Split mono springs height

-

peterOZ

Reaction score
Anyone running the Calvert Split mono's with ride height photos to show?

68 fast back 440, -727
street / strip car
I will be fitting the split Monos with CalTracs.

I am getting mixed messages .
I have been advised by Calvert to buy the stock height 420-35, and if i want to lower i can always fit lowering blocks. Split Mono Leafsprings/pair (420-35) – Calvert Racing, Inc.

On a separate discussion weeks later i am getting told by Calvert , best i go the 420-34
Split Mono Leafsprings/pair (420-34) – Calvert Racing, Inc.

Just wondering if anyone can show me some pics in how their car sits (preferably fastback) and which Split they are using.

Rears will most likely be 275 60 15 and will aim in having them tucked under guards with some relocating hardware if needed.

Thank you with any info / photos

this is -1"

EAGR8732 (1).JPG

Minus 1 inch?
What size tire, rim & off set?
Minus 1" in the big picture, in my profile picture it is neutral height. 275/60/15 tire with an 8" rim and it's been a while but I think 4.5" back spacing with a .5" per side narrowed Strange S60 from Doctor Diff. I have put the same tire with a 10" wheel from my Belvedere under it with, again not real sure.....5" or 5.5" back spacing and it fit great too.......actually looked a little better in my opinion.

Minus 1" in the big picture, in my profile picture it is neutral height. 275/60/15 tire with an 8" rim and it's been a while but I think 4.5" back spacing with a .5" per side narrowed Strange S60 from Doctor Diff. I have put the same tire with a 10" wheel from my Belvedere under it with, again not real sure.....5" or 5.5" back spacing and it fit great too.......actually looked a little better in my opinion.
No I take that back....I think the back spacing on the 10" wheel was probably 4.5" too but that was last year so just going from a poor memory.

The inside sidewall of the tire is maybe half an inch to the mono leaf........its a little snug

Thank You 68 cuda 416. Your cuda is what i am looking for.
I had to really look close to your avatar photo and compare. I can see the rear sitting a bit higher with all tire exposed. Were as the bigger photo , rear tire is tucked in.
Do you have any side / rear photos?
Did you relocating springs, if so what kit.

Thank you , your Cuda is a beauty

Spring perches were moved in accordingly when I ordered the rearend from Doctor Diff....it is half an inch narrower per side.

do you have any side / rear photos with the -1 and stock
I don't think I have the type of pictures your looking for and the car now is on my lift getting a new front suspension under it since I damaged the other one when it decided to get all stupid and hang a big wheelie.......

I don't think I have the type of pictures your looking for and the car now is on my lift getting a new front suspension under it since I damaged the other one when it decided to get all stupid and hang a big wheelie.......

ok
Thank you for what you have shared with us .

This is 2” rear height Calvert Caltrac split mono springs.

C27C2616-EB2D-4558-9855-EC114C0A63CA.png

E12D361D-C8FD-4AA0-9806-092D4A38047B.png

8F619AE8-E242-49A3-8788-C1F881A8C8A4.png

this was 1”. actually this was stock height the Caltrac springs.

C675D986-5744-407A-8B3C-504A6DCBFF5C.png

BA42D623-14E2-43DA-8108-3012FFA81CB0.jpeg

Last edited:
Last 1+ look like SS springs installed.

i did not know they make a + 2 "

are last 2 photos + 1" ? (looks stock height, or is it my eyes.)
What tyre you got in last 2 photos?

The tires are 275/60 15 Mickey Thompson drag radials on all of the pictures.

When I called Calvert about the last two pictures, I let them know that I need more height because my tires were getting cut by the outer finder well lip, they wanted to know the part numbers on the rear half of the springs and I was told (because of the cars weight and the springs part number) it was stock height. And they gave me the part number for the rear spring replacement with a 2” height over the ones on my car.
07C85406-4579-42F5-A4F4-3D1B5A61194C.jpeg
This is the number of the stock height springs. I’m looking for the part number for the 2” springs that you see on the first three pictures.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a better picture of the first ones.View attachment 1715829416View attachment 1715829417

the pictures I just sent are with the 2” higher leaf springs. It actually raised the car 2 1/2” and the is settled down to 2”. The Calvert people called it +2 over what I had in the car. So you’re right it wasn’t 2” springs it would be +2” higher than the springs that I already had in the car ( the back half of the split mono springs) after giving them the weight of the car and the part number of the spring that was in it. Hay I’m 62 the memory Come back in parts. Lol

Last edited:
the pictures I just sent are with the 2” higher leaf springs. It actually raised the car 2 1/2” and the is settled down to 2”. The Calvert people called it +2 over what I had in the car. So you’re right it wasn’t 2” springs it would be +2” higher than the springs that I already had in the car ( the back half of the split mono springs) after giving them the weight of the car and the part number of the spring that was in it. Hay I’m 62 the memory Come back in parts. Lol

:) Thank you for all that info. Your car is looking real nice.

-
Back