can someone recommend good plug wires?

-

screeminDemon

Reaction score
#5 and #7 plug wires melted from contact with my cheap headers. Now I'm getting a miss on driver side exhaust pipe. Was never that happy with the Accel wires I got from autozone anyways. I bought em cuz they were cheap and the yellow color looked cool. But when I tried to measure the resistance in them with my multimeter I always got an "infinite" reading.

My 360 engine is mildly modified but basically street use. Can someone recommend good plug wires that are not too expensive?

Could also use a good recommend for plugs too, thanks!

i use NGK plugs and 8.5 MM taylor wires. my 5 and 7 wires are 45* boots so they dont touch my cheap *** long tube hooker super competition headers that dont scrape dont leak and dont burn wires and the paint is still nice after 2 years... sorry had to throw that in there LOL

i use NGK plugs and 8.5 MM taylor wires. my 5 and 7 wires are 45* boots so they dont touch my cheap *** long tube super competition headers that dont scrape dont leak and dont burn wires and the paint is still nice after 2 years... sorry had to throw that in there LOL

LOL....good 1. :cheers: I like my cheap a$$ headers too.

Wire wise, I like Accels...45* boots are a good idea.

I use Taylor 8mm wires with 45* boots and Autolite #63 platinum plugs, HEI conversion. No problems with my cheap, unknown brand headers.

OK, too lazy to search now, but have looked a bit in the past...

...is there a pre made set with those 45* boots only on #5 and 7?

I hate cutting and crimping accells.

You would think a set like that would sell.

I run the accel super stock wires on all of mine they are cheap but last for ever. Get the moroso kit for your plug wires and it should work fine.

OK, too lazy to search now, but have looked a bit in the past...

...is there a pre made set with those 45* boots only on #5 and 7?

I hate cutting and crimping accells.

You would think a set like that would sell.

i had to cut , crimp and boot the 5 and 7 with my taylors. i also had to do the same thing with my accels. i have never burned a wire since i started doing this years ago.:D i just by sets of straight boot wires and i have a set with 45s that i splice in for the 5 and 7

I've always used the msd bendables. But I've used bendable metal coils from my local beer brew supply store over fluid lines. I would imagine those would work perfect if you slipped them over your wires. Might save you some $ and would be re-usable

Just a note.. I use Mopar Performance Veri-Angle plug boots which can be used on any wire and be shifted in any direction keeping your plug wires safe. I tried finding more of them but to no avail and they have worked well for many years. Maybe someone here knows where to get them

Thanks for all the info everyone! I read about the Taylor spiro pros' and I think I'm gonna go that route with the 135 degree fittings. Looks like I can order them from Summit

Just a note.. I use Mopar Performance Veri-Angle plug boots which can be used on any wire and be shifted in any direction keeping your plug wires safe. I tried finding more of them but to no avail and they have worked well for many years. Maybe someone here knows where to get them
had those on my 440,they worked great.......

I got these Mopar wires at the dealer

Attachments

• Engine_Side.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 113
I received a set of Moroso Blue Max wires for Christmas a few years ago. They've served me pretty well so far. There is one burn mark on #7 from where it was touching the manifold, but I have yet to incur any missing issues.

-
Back