Can't Hurt

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
My Master Cylinder lid was an old looking eye sore, so I deceided to try out that Anodized Metal Cast. I'm not planing on going crazy with this stuff....(look like a honda) :wack: :lol: but I felt this piece was fine. Any comments??.

I think my only problem with it is that your eye wants to zero in on the manifold now :lol:

DSCF0005.JPG

I don't really like it. Sorry to be the odd man out here, but you asked! It looks a little out of place all by itself. Maybe if the air cleaner was done too, but I think the blue clashes a bit with the color of your car. What color is your engine...red? Maybe if they were red? Just my opinion......

65s said:
I don't really like it. Sorry to be the odd man out here, but you asked! It looks a little out of place all by itself. Maybe if the air cleaner was done too, but I think the blue clashes a bit with the color of your car. What color is your engine...red? Maybe if they were red? Just my opinion......

WHAT! YOU A*# HOLE! :lol: :lol: :lol: Never a problem big guy, that's why I asked. When I pull the engine Neil the compartments going to be all gloss black. I got new valve covers (Mopar Performance) and I'll more then likely just hit a few more things (blue) to balance it off and see what it's like. If still not good on the eyes.....paint go's along ways. :lol:

new mp valve covers eh, awesome, i personaly think it looks a lil out of place, you should try matching it to your car color, or maybe do something similar with that cover like with the valve covers like black with some silver stripes, just a though

I am a fan of gloss black, check out the engine pics on the homepage.

But...........do you have any idea how much crap I get for having a gloss black engine bay in a mopar? LOL

340 Dart said:
I am a fan of gloss black, check out the engine pics on the homepage.

But...........do you have any idea how much crap I get for having a gloss black engine bay in a mopar? LOL

Me too. But I like semi-gloss black for the engine compartment. The way I see it, it's my car and I want it black. LOL

Fred B

I thought it looked neat and clean like the rest of your car jimmy boy.
and I really like the way you did the interior of your car too.

I have seen 69SignetV8's car in person and it's a pretty nice clean daily driver. The white interior is great and I would be seen driving that car any day man!

I have a black engine compartment and nobody has ever said anything to me about it.......;-) I admit it's a little dirty though....

Resize of Img_8696.jpg

the car is also black tho. thats the difference Jims is Blue with black.
its a GM thing to do it. but its Jims car. and i like it. so meh.. i like simple and clean!

Chrome siding from a 66 valiant 2dr post for sale!..
cheap!

65s said:
I have seen 69SignetV8's car in person and it's a pretty nice clean daily driver. The white interior is great and I would be seen driving that car any day man!

I have a black engine compartment and nobody has ever said anything to me about it.......;-) I admit it's a little dirty though....
Hay 65s Your engine compartment looks good and the blue wire's would go good on Jimmy boy's engine too. :angel9:

oops he has them already. :poke:

Well thanks for your comments guys. And Mike, I have blue MSD wires already dude. I would like to have stuck with the same blue engine bay however I couldn't get a good match and two different blues wouldn't go well (like the blue master cover which I "will" repaint). I had to repaint the fenders black earlier due to scraps and ****...So when the engine comes out, I think gloss black?? MOPAR engine bay or not $$ talks first around here for a retired boy :lol:

DSCF0008.JPG

Your hood make's a good reflection on all your chrome!!
Don't they make a chrome one for your master.

Good looking custom work under your bonnet.
I like what you did to your wiring and location of you resisters :blob:

Theres room for a 440.. Bwahahahaaa.. i know where you can get one too Jim.. forget that 318 stuff! lol

I feel like the bad guy, especially after you bought me wings and stuff. :)

Anyhow, check out this car on ebay: 200088684483

He's got the valve covers and everything colour chromed the same as the car...very cool!

-
Back