carter fuel pump made in korea?

Does this suck?

• Yes, Korean Carter pisses me off!

Votes: 120 88.9%
  • No, I like my Carter pump made overseas!

Votes: 15 11.1%

• Total voters
-

65TerrorCuda

Reaction score
Man I thought I did my homework finding a pump still made in the US. Major fail. Ordered the Carter /6 pump for a 64 Dart from Pep Boys, and lo and behold, made in Korea. Grrrr.. Korean /6? I'm sorry, this sucks!

Nothing's sacred any more. My "Chrysler" PT Cruiser is made in Mexico while my neighbors' Toyota is made in the US. What's the world coming to?!

I sold Airtex for years at the parts store. They were good.....................35 years ago. LOL

Man I thought I did my homework finding a pump still made in the US. Major fail. Ordered the Carter /6 pump for a 64 Dart from Pep Boys, and lo and behold, made in Korea. Grrrr.. Korean /6? I'm sorry, this sucks!

imagine flipping over an aluminum set of edelbrock valve covers you shelled out $200 for because every piece of literature they publish says MADE IN AMERICA!!....to find a CHINA stamp....i was furious

I sold Airtex for years at the parts store. They were good.....................35 years ago. LOL
They still arent half bad compared to the $70-$120 Holley and everyone else expects you to pony up. $30 for something that gets you around for a couple of months isnt that bad. I mean damn, Edelbrock wants 500$ for their mechanical fuel pump!:angry7: Apparently, if you wanna get American made, its coming out your pocket big time just for that stamp that says "made in the USA". No offense meant Mike, just saying, its damn expensive for an American made fuel pump. All this outsourcing is hurting everyone except the companies themselves. I don't even know if the Holley stuff is even made in the U.S.

We can thank two schools-of-thought here :

1. tree huggers
2. greedy corporations

FU*K china .

A part from China has 2.9 strikes against it before I even take a close look at it, because most of what comes from China is garbage. A part from Korea has no strikes against it, because there are lots of good-quality auto parts coming out of Korea these days. Yes, I'm being serious. Mexico is in the "Korea" category. India is in the "China" category.

I bought some chicken treats for my dog the other day. When I looked at the package it said MADE IN CHINA. I thought, "isn`t this some sh*t, we can`t even make chicken anymore"? :D

Edelbrock valvecovers are made in China??...no wonder i don't like/use them...their heads and intakes are made right here in the U.S.A.:-D:-D

My K1 rods in my race car are made in china.Over 250 runs with a few over 6500 rpm shifts,no issues yet???Hopefully the kids that made them were fed that day.Guzzi Mark

imagine flipping over an aluminum set of edelbrock valve covers you shelled out $200 for because every piece of literature they publish says MADE IN AMERICA!!....to find a CHINA stamp....i was furious

im thinking some one sold you a set of knock offfs,,,,

as for the 500 fuel pump,,,last time recently i looked at it was 350 ish bucks,, but its no regular pump its 172 GPH, pump,,,they are the only ones making a large volume mechanical fuel pump for a small block mopar,,,that fits both side water pump out lets,,,

clay smith cams has a 140 GPH mech pump,,killer pump very large in size will only work on the pre 1970 water pump because of the lower hose outlet,,,

made in the US will cost you,,,we are not talking walmart crap here,,

man up and keep an american employeed,,,,lol

I bought some chicken treats for my dog the other day. When I looked at the package it said MADE IN CHINA. I thought, "isn`t this some sh*t, we can`t even make chicken anymore"? :D
watch them treats made in china if they dont mind lead poisining the toys imagine whats going into the dog treats plus i think there was a recall on a lot of pet products from china

I hate this type of bullsh!t these days. I try to pick the lesser of two evils and support American blue collar workers with overseas billionaire bosses. Doesn't seem to even matter the brand name anymore, just a roll of the dice I guess.

Dirty rotten shame,I guess we are too stupid to make it.We made it once but can't do it again?Kinda say's something about us as a people.

Dirty rotten shame,I guess we are too stupid to make it.We made it once but can't do it again?Kinda say's something about us as a people.

Sure does suck. We manufacture hardly anything any more. I attribute the lack of unity to a massive influx of 3rd word shi$bags with no American values nor civilized nation building desire.

im thinking some one sold you a set of knock offfs,,,,

as for the 500 fuel pump,,,last time recently i looked at it was 350 ish bucks,, but its no regular pump its 172 GPH, pump,,,they are the only ones making a large volume mechanical fuel pump for a small block mopar,,,that fits both side water pump out lets,,,

clay smith cams has a 140 GPH mech pump,,killer pump very large in size will only work on the pre 1970 water pump because of the lower hose outlet,,,

made in the US will cost you,,,we are not talking walmart crap here,,

man up and keep an american employeed,,,,lol

no one sold me knock offs.lol....edl valve covers are made overseas, thier intakes and heads are made in the US...i know this for a fact, straight from Vic's mouth. i work for a large..make that..the #1 performance parts powerhouse... lets just say we've met.lol

I think most of the problem is corporate greed, pay a foreign company to make something for a US company, just to make that extra buck.

watch them treats made in china if they dont mind lead poisining the toys imagine whats going into the dog treats plus i think there was a recall on a lot of pet products from china

Thanks for the "heads up", I will research that and see if what I bought was on the list of recalled items.

It's a shame nowadays you can't rely on something that you belive is American made because of the brand's name. Shame on those companies lying to their customers making them buy something they believe its good quality, when its not! :angry7:

I think most of the problem is corporate greed, pay a foreign company to make something for a US company, just to make that extra buck.

Corporate greed....you have unions that want high wages..plus vacation/sick leave plus retirement benefits, you got a govt that wants 36% corporate taxes...you got a EPA that is forcing you to spend hundreds of thousands to cut "greenhouse gases"...

and you now have to provide health care to all you workers...

and you wonder why all the jobs are going overseas....the business climate in this country is why.......

Corporate greed....you have unions that want high wages..plus vacation/sick leave plus retirement benefits, you got a govt that wants 36% corporate taxes...you got a EPA that is forcing you to spend hundreds of thousands to cut "greenhouse gases"...

and you now have to provide health care to all you workers...

and you wonder why all the jobs are going overseas....the business climate in this country is why.......

Bingo. That and a populace who believes they are entitled to everything that will fit on a the credit card, and places the highest priority on inexpensive cost. Business only thrives this way because we let it.

We can thank two schools-of-thought here :

1. tree huggers
2. greedy corporations

FU*K china .

You left out
(3) Greedy Unions mandating 4 times as much pay, benefits, & pension....

Lets face it the working class is just as much to blame as the greedy corporations, since the greedy unions are just as bad as the folks at the top running the companies.

Get rid of the EPA's power to shut business down or fine and get rid of unions and add a 25% tariff to China/India made goods and you will see flourish in less than 3 years!!! and that is a fact, regardless if you want to believe it or not.

-
Back