Centerline Wheels warning

-
Just a quick update about what has happened today:

I'm still getting run around by Centerline, but it's a bit less than it was before. I was told via email at around 11:00 am that the wheels were sealed, and would ship today, but then after discussing some things with Summit, I found out that Louie told them that the wheels aren't shipping until tomorrow.

So, he's still telling two different stories depending on who talks to him.

The Summit rep felt bad for the whole ordeal, and told me that Centerline does this type of thing to their customers all the time, and "It's a shame because their wheels are really nice, and the quality is great."

Summit offered to ship the wheels to my house next day air, but I suggested to Jim that it may be better if they made Centerline ship them NDA to Summit, as Louie said it takes 4-5 business days to get wheels to Summit via ground shipping.

I haven't gotten a response from the last suggestion yet.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

I had the same problem with summit/centerline like 5 years back. I remember getting my front wheels fairly quick and the rear ones took months. The car was no where near done at the time so didn't bother me but remember being on the phone getting the run around. At some point I thought they would never show up.

But finding 15 inch 5x4 with the wheel size I wanted was worth the wait. Wheels are nice and still look new to this day. Just keep them polished.

Today or tomorrow may have depended on when the freight truck was there.

Possibly. I'm more intrigued with the fact that he says he can't change the shipping method without Summit telling him to do it. I even offered to pay that out of pocket, and he said he couldn't do it.

I had the same problem with summit/centerline like 5 years back. I remember getting my front wheels fairly quick and the rear ones took months. The car was no where near done at the time so didn't bother me but remember being on the phone getting the run around. At some point I thought they would never show up.

But finding 15 inch 5x4 with the wheel size I wanted was worth the wait. Wheels are nice and still look new to this day. Just keep them polished.

I did the opposite. LOL!
I painted the car and then got it running and driving with plans of upgrading it as I go. The wheels are the finishing touch on the exterior, and I have a new set of ET Streets now sitting and collecting dust for the last 6 weeks.

I'm trying to get the car into the 11's on motor, and hard tires aren't going to get it there.

Update:

According to Louie, the wheels shipped today via ground because he wasn't told to do anything else, so now there's a 4-5 business day wait until they get to Summit, then another day or two until I see them, that will be a total of nearly 8 weeks to get a set of wheels from them.

I'm really disappointed in the effort that they put forth to correct their own mistake on this one. I expect better out of a company that has been in business for as long as they have.

Maybe I'm wrong for expecting any kind of decent customer service in today's society, and I should take it as a blessing when a company handles things the right way with their customers. (Summit is one of the good companies in my opinion)

9/25/13, over 7 weeks, and still no rear wheels.

Absolutely pathetic.

-
Back